Did Ryan Pickett visit today or not?

Thanks for the info.  Do you know when he will visit?

627998[/snapback]

Bills | Pickett heads to Buffalo

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:13:10 -0800

Bob McGinn, of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, reports free agent DL Ryan Pickett (Rams) left Green Bay Monday, March 13, and was headed to Buffalo to meet with the Buffalo Bills. The Bills new defensive line coach Bill Kollar served as Pickett's position coach for five years with the St. Louis Rams.

Packers | Pickett leaves without signing contract

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:12:48 -0800

Bob McGinn, of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, reports free agent DL Ryan Pickett (Rams) left Green Bay Monday, March 13, knowing how much the Packers want him, but without signing a contract.

Maybe the timing was screwed up, but it looks like he is coming in.

Bills | Pickett heads to Buffalo

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:13:10 -0800

Bob McGinn, of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, reports free agent DL Ryan Pickett (Rams) left Green Bay Monday, March 13, and was headed to Buffalo to meet with the Buffalo Bills. The Bills new defensive line coach Bill Kollar served as Pickett's position coach for five years with the St. Louis Rams.

Packers | Pickett leaves without signing contract

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:12:48 -0800

Bob McGinn, of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, reports free agent DL Ryan Pickett (Rams) left Green Bay Monday, March 13, knowing how much the Packers want him, but without signing a contract.

Maybe the timing was screwed up, but it looks like he is coming in.

628172[/snapback]

I was just about to post this. Way to have heads up. I hope we have a real chance at him and this isnt just a curtesy visit cause of kollar, cause it would be nice to get him, and not be pigeon held in the draft.

Also, Marv said someone was visiting today, who was this visitor? Mawae??

627950[/snapback]

Marv precluded his statement by saying that he didn't want to reveal who the person was, because the final details hadn't been established. Imagine if he said to the press that someone was coming to visit on Monday, and then he ends up signing with someone else.

As far as who the person is, I have heard that the Bills were scheduling to meet with Josh McCown sometime by Wednesday. It was one of the talking heads on Fox Sports Radio. The Bills may actually send someone to meet him, rather than him coming to Buffalo....

No he did not.

627994[/snapback]

Where do you get that info? It seems everything but WGR points to Pickett visiting yesterday.

On this morning's southern Illinois and St. Louis metro news wires:

The other first-round selection in 2001, defensive tackle Ryan "Big Grease" Pickett, also is an unrestricted free agent. He visited the Buffalo Bills on Monday after visiting the Green Bay Packers over the weekend.

"Big Grease" is a cool nickname.

i think this line is interesting:

-- First Free Agent to visit Packers Leaves without Deal --

Tue Mar 14, 2006 --from FFMastermind.com

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports free-agent NT Ryan Pickett flew out of Green Bay on Monday afternoon knowing how much the Packers want him but without signing a contract. Pickett was headed for Buffalo and a meeting with the Bills, whose new defensive line coach, Bill Kollar, served as Pickett's position coach throughout his five-year career in St. Louis. "He was our first guy in," Packers HC Mike McCarthy said. "We gave him our sales pitch. I thought it went very well today. I had a very good talk with him and his wife." Pickett, 6 feet 2 inches and 310 pounds, was the third of the Rams' three first-round draft choices in 2001 out of Ohio State. He has started 59 of 64 games, but clearly '05 was his best season. "There haven't been very many good decisions coming out of there (Green Bay) but that'd be a good decision if they sign him," a personnel director for an NFC team said. "If they sign him they'll think they got the bargain of the year. He'll go to the Pro Bowl. NT Grady Jackson is not even close to him. He's way over DT Sam Adams." The Rams reportedly have a strong offer on the table for Pickett. The Bills, who also have enough cap room to sign Pickett for an expected $4 million per year or so, want him to pair inside with newly acquired DT Larry Tripplett. "He said he was talking to a few other teams," McCarthy said. "I think we have a good shot."

If the Bills sign Pickett, my guess is the Bills draft Huff at #8 unless they trade down.

Pickett flew in last night, his visit is today along with Reggie Wells.

628270[/snapback]

I think signing Pickett would be a big step in the right direction. I hope having the Rams prior defensive lineman coach and offensive coordinator help out. I would guess the money will be the biggest factor in the end, but any connection that helps is great to me. He must at least like Bill Kollar or he wouldn't even visit, IMHO.

By the way, signing Wells has long been part of my offseason plan.

I think signing Pickett would be a big step in the right direction. I hope having the Rams prior defensive lineman coach and offensive coordinator help out. I would guess the money will be the biggest factor in the end, but any connection that helps is great to me. He must at least like Bill Kollar or he wouldn't even visit, IMHO.

By the way, signing Wells has long been part of my offseason plan.

628293[/snapback]

money will be the only factor.

money will be the only factor.

628310[/snapback]

I don't necessarliy believe that to be the case. In reality, the offers are all probably pretty close. Sure, a player isn't going to go to a team offering a lot less, but he may take a deal even a little less to get on a team in which he has a better chance to succeed. As long as the Bills offer the same as the Packers, maybe the coaching ties will help -- that's all I'm saying.

Oh, check out Jerevicious (spelling?).

Pickett flew in last night, his visit is today along with Reggie Wells.

628270[/snapback]

If true, this Wells is interesting. Big guy--6'4" 320 pounds with 26 NFL starts.

Cardinals | Wells tendered

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 20:41:46 -0800

The Arizona Cardinals have tendered restricted free agent OG Reggie Wells with the low offer of $712,000. The team would receive a sixth-round draft choice as compensation if he signs elsewhere for the 2006 season.

If true, this Wells is interesting.  Big guy--6'4" 320 pounds with 26 NFL starts.

Cardinals | Wells tendered

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 20:41:46 -0800

The Arizona Cardinals have tendered restricted free agent OG Reggie Wells with the low offer of $712,000. The team would receive a sixth-round draft choice as compensation if he signs elsewhere for the 2006 season.

628402[/snapback]

I'd give a sixth today.