Can someone get in Mike William's face?

seq004

Those people who say McKinnie isn't that good don't know what the **** they are talking about. Those same people probably have never even seen him play.

Lets face it, McKinnie will be in the pro bowl very soon and the big kitty will be nothing more than average at best. TD screwed up and took the wrong player plain and simple.

46266[/snapback]

I live in Minnesota and watch quite a few Vikings games. BM isn't that good.

Research was done during the offseason that showed, STATISTICALLY, that MW was actually *better* than BM. If I recall correctly (and the person who had the link to stats for OL can maybe chime in), BM had given up MORE sacks than MW -- and to make matters worse, MW is blocking for a pocket passer while BM is blocking for a scrambler, thus the stats probably would've been even more in MW's favor had roles been reversed.

Culpepper has been sacked 6 times through the first 2 games (excluding yesterday, since ESPN hasn't updated it yet). DB was sacked 8 times. Culpepper has fumbled the ball away (in the red zone) multiple times as well. Both have thrown only 1 interception.

So stop saying that BM is leaps and bounds ahead of MW, because it's simply not true. People around here get it in their head that something is a certain way and they never veer away from that, even when presented with evidence. Reuben Brown "always getting a flag every game" was another myth that was proven to be false, yet people still say it like it's true.

CW

I live in Minnesota and watch quite a few Vikings games.  BM isn't that good.

Research was done during the offseason that showed, STATISTICALLY, that MW was actually *better* than BM.  If I recall correctly (and the person who had the link to stats for OL can maybe chime in), BM had given up MORE sacks than MW -- and to make matters worse, MW is blocking for a pocket passer while BM is blocking for a scrambler, thus the stats probably would've been even more in MW's favor had roles been reversed.

Culpepper has been sacked 6 times through the first 2 games (excluding yesterday, since ESPN hasn't updated it yet).  DB was sacked 8 times.  Culpepper has fumbled the ball away (in the red zone) multiple times as well.  Both have thrown only 1 interception.

So stop saying that BM is leaps and bounds ahead of MW, because it's simply not true.  People around here get it in their head that something is a certain way and they never veer away from that, even when presented with evidence.  Reuben Brown "always getting a flag every game" was another myth that was proven to be false, yet people still say it like it's true.

CW

46539[/snapback]

Did you watch the vikes yesterday? I did, and McKinnie was awesome. Thisis not to say that I watch him every game, because I do not, but he had the blindside secured yesterday, and opened holes for running plays.

lol, I would like to see these stats that prove MW is better than BM...

I also would like to see the Viking front office and fans polled as to who they would rather have, BM or MW... I bet 100% would say BM.

Hell, I'd like to see the BILLS front office and fans polled with the same question... wouldn't surprise me if it's close to 100% for BM, too.

lol, I would like to see these stats that prove MW is better than BM...

I also would like to see the Viking front office and fans polled as to who they would rather have, BM or MW... I bet 100% would say BM.

Hell, I'd like to see the BILLS front office and fans polled with the same question... wouldn't surprise me if it's close to 100% for BM, too.

46565[/snapback]

I fully agree. It would have been different if MW was a great RT. I would have gladly used a #4. To go a step further, I would be willing to part with an early pick for a great guard.

The ugly truth is that MW is still struggling in his 3rd season, raised eyebrows in the offseason, and is killing the team's salary cap.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

He must be part of that 2.7 ypc that the Bills currently have running the ball.

Good thing he's a better run blocker than McKinnie.

Why don't we just face the facts with MW. TD blew the pick. He can't handle right tackle, he will never handle left tackle, and his best position would probably be at guard since he can't play in space. To top it off he doesn't seem to be the self motivating type, so I really don't expect too much more than what we are currently seeing.

Not to mention that MW is a RIGHT tackle and BM is a LEFT tackle. Left tackles get paid tons of money and a franchise LT is gold. RTs are generally not as important (unless you have a left-handed QB, I suppose).

He must be part of that 2.7 ypc that the Bills currently have running the ball.

Good thing he's a better run blocker than McKinnie.

Why don't we just face the facts with MW. TD blew the pick. He can't handle right tackle, he will never handle left tackle, and his best position would probably be at guard since he can't play in space. To top it off he doesn't seem to be the self motivating type, so I really don't expect too much more than what we are currently seeing.

46657[/snapback]

Huge yes, effective no...I would just love too see someone screaming in his face. I think he is the weak link in that line. This was the 4th overall pick in the 2002 draft. Hello TD? "This is Ralph and I've decided to go in a different direction but let me drive you to the airport" :devil:

46086[/snapback]

I expect him to replace Smith at LG as soon as Price is healthy. I think he'd be very good at guard.

Did you watch the vikes yesterday? I did, and McKinnie was awesome. Thisis not to say that I watch him every game, because I do not, but he had the blindside secured yesterday, and opened holes for running plays.

46544[/snapback]

Yeah, but the Vikes were playing a Bears D that has lost almost half their starters.

Huge yes, effective no...I would just love too see someone screaming in his face. I think he is the weak link in that line. This was the 4th overall pick in the 2002 draft. Hello TD? "This is Ralph and I've decided to go in a different direction but let me drive you to the airport" :devil:

46086[/snapback]

Ok.. I will do it. Someone order me a step ladder..

I live in Minnesota and watch quite a few Vikings games.  BM isn't that good.

Research was done during the offseason that showed, STATISTICALLY, that MW was actually *better* than BM.  If I recall correctly (and the person who had the link to stats for OL can maybe chime in), BM had given up MORE sacks than MW -- and to make matters worse, MW is blocking for a pocket passer while BM is blocking for a scrambler, thus the stats probably would've been even more in MW's favor had roles been reversed.

Culpepper has been sacked 6 times through the first 2 games (excluding yesterday, since ESPN hasn't updated it yet).  DB was sacked 8 times.  Culpepper has fumbled the ball away (in the red zone) multiple times as well.  Both have thrown only 1 interception.

So stop saying that BM is leaps and bounds ahead of MW, because it's simply not true.  People around here get it in their head that something is a certain way and they never veer away from that, even when presented with evidence.  Reuben Brown "always getting a flag every game" was another myth that was proven to be false, yet people still say it like it's true.

CW

46539[/snapback]

Sorry Fez... I respect your opinion,

but Viking Nation does not agree with you.