I love these signings!

Seriously, how can people complain?

Larry Tripplett is on the verge of being a premier DT in this league. He's young, fast (for a DT), and agile. He wasn't an official starter for Indy because they had Corey Simon and Monte Reagor. But even as a role-player he was a playmaker. He was high on my FA list of DT's.

Robert Royal has been recieving some real unfair criticism on this board. He may be a relative unknown to most, but i've watched my fair share of 'Skins games (my grandfather LOVES them) and he's a young, quality player. He was overshadowed by their H-Back Chris Cooley, but Royal was a threat when he needed to be and one helluva blocker. He's also a pretty funny guy.

I remember once when I was listening to Rome (I know, he sucks) on the radio that someone had bailed on Jim as a guest for his ESPN TV show later that day. So he announced on the radio that anyone listening (who was a pro athlete) who wanted to be on "Rome is Burning" that day would be on the show. I was kind of intrigued to see if anyone would be on the show and when I tuned in, he had Robert Royal on. He was saying that he was listening to the show and being a blocking TE, he couldn't pass up on an opportunity to get some face time lol

He has something that this team REALLY wanted. What that is, i'm not sure of yet. But I guarantee you we HAD to pay him what we paid him if we wanted him. Because Washington would have done the same.

Andre Davis is an interesting pickup to me. He's definitely a quality playmaker. He always was coming out of Virginia Tech. He's had some injury problems that has hindered his stardom. He's too good (and too expensive) to be a #4 on this team though. I'd put him at the 2nd or 3rd position. So does this mean that our starting WR's will be Lee Evans, Andre Davis, and Roscoe Parrish?

I personally don't have a problem with that. As a matter of fact, it could be an incredible trio as long as they can all stay healthy. Let's face it, Roscoe wasn't drafted in the 2nd Round to be a #4 WR and PR his entire career. Let's see what he's got.

All in all, I love the signings thus far. I like that Ryan Pickett's coming in. But i'm holding out hope that we can get Rocky Bernard, Ma'ke Kemoeatu, or Grady Jackson instead. And can anyone answer these questions for me?

1.) What is our cap situation after these signings over the weekend?

2.) Do we have enough room to sign all of these guys?:

- Rocky Bernard

- Tank Williams

- Kevin Mawae

Larry Tripplett is on the verge of being a premier DT in this league. He's young, fast (for a DT), and agile. He wasn't an official starter for Indy because they had Corey Simon and Monte Reagor. But even as a role-player he was a playmaker. He was high on my FA list of DT's.

Robert Royal has been recieving some real unfair criticism on this board. He may be a relative unknown to most, but i've watched my fair share of 'Skins games (my grandfather LOVES them) and he's a young, quality player. He was overshadowed by their H-Back Chris Cooley, but Royal was a threat when he needed to be and one helluva blocker. He's also a pretty funny guy.

I remember once when I was listening to Rome (I know, he sucks) on the radio that someone had bailed on Jim as a guest for his ESPN TV show later that day. So he announced on the radio that anyone listening (who was a pro athlete) who wanted to be on "Rome is Burning" that day would be on the show. I was kind of intrigued to see if anyone would be on the show and when I tuned in, he had Robert Royal on. He was saying that he was listening to the show and being a blocking TE, he couldn't pass up on an opportunity to get some face time lol

He has something that this team REALLY wanted. What that is, i'm not sure of yet. But I guarantee you we HAD to pay him what we paid him if we wanted him. Because Washington would have done the same.

Andre Davis is an interesting pickup to me. He's definitely a quality playmaker. He always was coming out of Virginia Tech. He's had some injury problems that has hindered his stardom. He's too good (and too expensive) to be a #4 on this team though. I'd put him at the 2nd or 3rd position. So does this mean that our starting WR's will be Lee Evans, Andre Davis, and Roscoe Parrish?

I personally don't have a problem with that. As a matter of fact, it could be an incredible trio as long as they can all stay healthy. Let's face it, Roscoe wasn't drafted in the 2nd Round to be a #4 WR and PR his entire career. Let's see what he's got.

All in all, I love the signings thus far. I like that Ryan Pickett's coming in. But i'm holding out hope that we can get Rocky Bernard, Ma'ke Kemoeatu, or Grady Jackson instead. And can anyone answer these questions for me?

- Rocky Bernard

- Tank Williams

- Kevin Mawae

627231[/snapback]

All reasonable, intelligent thoughts - too bad everyone else is too busy having an argument with that idiot "ground chuck" to respond! :)

- Rocky Bernard

- Tank Williams

- Kevin Mawae

627231[/snapback]

Great post, very well put. (Though Parrish was drafted in the 2nd round because Donahoe is smarter than everyone. :) )

- Rocky Bernard

- Tank Williams

- Kevin Mawae

627231[/snapback]

Kemoeatu is gone. Bernard and Jackson are still out there, though.

- Rocky Bernard

- Tank Williams

- Kevin Mawae

627231[/snapback]

I agree with you on the Tripplett signing. The Davis signing...eh. Given his injury history and relative lack of production throughout his short career, I'm not sold on it. I'd have sooner kept Josh Reed, since he's at least a known quantity (tough, physical, good downfield blocker...something that'll be needed if Moulds leaves). Royal...I simply have no idea. I'm skeptical...but simply because we've had a long string of questionable TE's, and I've pretty much forgotten what a good one looks like by now. :)

And since I didn't go to Tulane, my opinion's an informed one!

Sounds like a good description of Ron Edwards.

Nice post all-around, except I don't agree with this part:

627231[/snapback]

We're not paying him anything substantial... in fact, if he doesn't make the team, we'd only have a $.5M dead cap hit.

Sorry, but I'd like some of that you are ingesting.  These guys are all second rate players that were expendable by their teams. If we don't get an Offensive line and a big upgrade to the defensive line  all these "high character guys " will stay out of trouble and... stay out of the playoffs as well.

627706[/snapback]

dude maybe this year we will have good coaching to make up for the lack of talent.....and hopefully we will have a strong draft and cohesiveness in the locker room....its gonna all be up to our coaching staff this year :mellow:

dude maybe this year we will have good coaching to make up for the lack of talent.....and hopefully we will have a strong draft and cohesiveness in the locker room....its gonna all be up to our coaching staff this year :mellow:

627707[/snapback]

Hope you are right. But Joe Gibbs (Royal), Bellichek (Davis) and Dungy (Triplett) are pretty good coaches and didn't feel the need to keep these guys around. And I'm not ready to say this coaching staff is anything to get excited about .But I am hopeful as well.... just not about these three guys.. Later

Sorry, but I'd like some of that you are ingesting.  These guys are all second rate players that were expendable by their teams. If we don't get an Offensive line and a big upgrade to the defensive line  all these "high character guys " will stay out of trouble and... stay out of the playoffs as well.

627706[/snapback]

I don't see anyone making any of these 3 out to be world-beating difference-makers... just some good-value signings of complimentary players that may have some upside. If you think about it, just about every FA player was deemed expendable by their teams for one reason or another. Good drafting and being able to keep your key players before they reach free agency are far more important to building a championship team.. something I don't think Snyder will ever learn. :mellow:

I don't see anyone making any of these 3 out to be world-beating difference-makers... just some good-value signings of complimentary players that may have some upside. If you think about it, just about every FA player was deemed expendable by their teams for one reason or another. Good drafting and being able to keep your key players before they reach free agency are far more important to building a championship team.. something I don't think Snyder will ever learn. :mellow:

627713[/snapback]

Read the first post if you think nobody is making a big deal about the signings. that's the only reason I posted this in the first place. But as for the rest of what you said ... 100 % agree.

Read the first post if you think nobody  is making a big deal about the signings. that's the only reason I posted this in the first place. But as for the rest of what you said ... 100 % agree.

627722[/snapback]

I can see what you mean, some of those statements are more optimistic than you read in most other posts... guess I like to see enthusiasm this time of year. :mellow: