Al Gore at it again

Al Gore fires up crowd at West Palm Beach fund-raiser

this line makes me laugh everytime i read it:

Backers, still chafing from the infamous 2000 election recount

:lol:

here is another one:

"I want to give you a couple of reasons to redouble your efforts," Gore said.

"Voter fraud!" an audience member quickly offered up, to the delight of the crowd.

Gore smiled.

"I'll let others talk about that, but I like some of what I heard out here," he said.

yeah.....like Gore doesn't spend any time talking about voter fraud in 2000. :D

"This was the scene of a crime," said West Palm Beach Mayor Lois Frankel, whose son, Marine Capt. Benjamin Lubin, has served in Afghanistan.

"We're very proud of him," Frankel said of her son. "But I can tell you, if Al Gore had been president, my son would not have been at war."

I wonder what she means by that. I can understand the sentiment if she said Iraq, but Afghanistan? What do people think Gore would have done? Nothing? I want to believe that Gore would have gone after the Taliban/Afghanistan too.

yeah.....like Gore doesn't spen any time talking about voter fraud in 2000.    :D

Remember when everyone thought so highly of him for about two weeks for his dignified attitude after conceding (the second time)?

:lol:

I wonder what she means by that. I can understand the sentiment if he said Iraq, but Afghanistan? What do people think Gore would have done? Nothing? I want to believe that Gore would have gone after the Taliban/Afghanistan too.

626608[/snapback]

this is the guy that stood on Saudi soil and said the US has mistreated people of Arab decent.

why would he want to do anything to the Taliban? he might offend someone. and that might mean less money sent in for his next campaign.

this is the guy that stood on Saudi soil and said the US has mistreated people of Arab decent. 

why would he want to do anything to the Taliban?  he might offend someone.  and that might mean less money sent in for his next campaign.

626636[/snapback]

But his money comes from China. Why should he care?

I don't think America would have stood for that. But, as I've said before this didn't start on 9/11, it started in 1993 when the WTC parking garage got blowed up. The intent was to bring the building down then, they just weren't very good demolition engineers. The administration didn't seem to care then probably because the building DIDN'T fall. Not newsworthy. I can't see how they could dodge the issue again if Gore had won, as it was their total lack of understanding and policy that allowed another eight years of planning. Bin Laden declared war on the US in 1993, not 2001. Somebody would have pointed this out, and made things pretty uncomfortable for the Gore administration.

Al Gore fires up crowd at West Palm Beach fund-raiser

this line makes me laugh everytime i read it:

:D

here is another one:

yeah.....like Gore doesn't spend any time talking about voter fraud in 2000.    :)

626586[/snapback]

Is that your news flash, that Gore, who talked alot about voter fraud 6 years ago says he'll let others talk now?

I guess if you want to try that hard to find some reason to say something nasty about him it doesn't really matter what he says now does it?

But his money comes from China. Why should he care?

I don't think America would have stood for that. But, as I've said before this didn't start on 9/11, it started in 1993 when the WTC parking garage got blowed up. The intent was to bring the building down then, they just weren't very good demolition engineers. The administration didn't seem to care then probably because the building DIDN'T fall. Not newsworthy. I can't see how they could dodge the issue again if Gore had won, as it was their total lack of understanding and policy that allowed another eight years of planning. Bin Laden declared war on the US in 1993, not 2001. Somebody would have pointed this out, and made things pretty uncomfortable for the Gore administration.

626642[/snapback]

I see, so 9-11 is Clinton's fault.

What do you base your comment on that the administration didn't seem to care? Was their attempt to assasinate bin laden with a cruise missile what you mean by not caring? Would the ten people arrested, convicted and sentenced to 240 years or so inconnection with the 1993 bombing another example of their not seeming to care? Was ordering the Navy to maintain two Los Angeles-class attack submarines on permanent station in the nearest available waters, enabling the U.S. military to place Tomahawk cruise missiles on any target in Afghanistan within about six hours of receiving the order also an example of how they just didn't care? How about authorizing the killing of bin Laden as well as his henchmen, even to the point of shooting down aircraft in which they travelled? How about the cells and attacks disrupted during the millenium celebrations?

Actually, "this" started long before 1993. Yousef started planning the attack in 1991. Recall that Clinton became President on January 20, 1993. The bombing was on February 26, 1993 just a month later. Far be it from me to blame the administration of George H. Bush for that attack or to insinuate that it resulted from him seeming not to care. That would be unseemly. Bin Laden started AQ in 1988. The Clinton administration made it clear when they left office that Bin Laden was the biggest threat the US faced. Unfortunately, the Bushies were obsessed with Saddam.

If you want to argue that neither Clinton nor any other branch of the government did enough, fine. Implying that they did nothing though betrays more than just a touch of partisanship. What Clinton did might not have been enough but feel free to compare it to what the Bushies did in the months between taking the oath of office and 9-11.

Is that your news flash, that Gore, who talked alot about voter fraud 6 years ago says he'll let others talk now?

I guess if you want to try that hard to find some reason to say something nasty about him it doesn't really matter what he says now does it?

627438[/snapback]

who pissed in your cereal?

I hardly think that what i posted was "nasty".

does it matter to me what Al Gore says? yes. because he has the platform to influence morons who aren't willing to do their own research. I despise him and just about everything he stands for. i think he is more dangerous running this country then Hillary ever dreamed of being.

I wonder what she means by that. I can understand the sentiment if she said Iraq, but Afghanistan? What do people think Gore would have done? Nothing? I want to believe that Gore would have gone after the Taliban/Afghanistan too.

626608[/snapback]

I want to believe gore would have invaded afghanistan. Do you think he would have sent troops on the ground to block any escape of bin laden out of tora bora. What I read the U.S. had 500 special op's and 2000 afghan fighters, Definately needed alot more troops. Or maybe after botching that mission up, he would then focus on saddam. Oh well water under the bridge now.

I want to believe gore would have invaded afghanistan. Do you think he would have sent troops on the ground to block any escape of bin laden out of tora bora. What I read the U.S. had 500 special op's and 2000 afghan fighters, Definately needed alot more troops. Or maybe  after botching that mission up, he would then focus on saddam. Oh well water under the bridge now.

627581[/snapback]

You mean based on the history of politicians (which includes Democrats) not hamstringing the military and letting them accomplish missions in a professional (lethal) manner regardless of political consequences? Somalia. Rwanda. Haiti. Need I keep going?

Al Gore is the ultimate hypocrite. A blowhard environmentalist made rich by an OIL COMPANY. Worship your demigods. :mellow:

who pissed in your cereal?

I hardly think that what i posted was "nasty".   

does it matter to me what Al Gore says?  yes.  because he has the platform to influence morons who aren't willing to do their own research.  I despise him and just about everything he stands for.  i think he is more dangerous running this country then Hillary ever dreamed of being.

627542[/snapback]

What is up with this "piss in your cereal" metaphor? I am hearing it all over lately. My secretary used it the other day about another co-worker: "Someone must have pissed in her Froot-Loops". Yeeeech. Where was I when this one snuck in to the zeitgeist?

Mickey's hypocrisy:  It knows no bounds.

627780[/snapback]

It's a shocker, isn't it?

I also saw his hypocrisy in his debates with GG, complaining about GG putting words into his mouth. I just about fell out of my chair laughing at that one. :(

What is up with this "piss in your cereal" metaphor?  I am hearing it all over lately.  My secretary used it the other day about another co-worker: "Someone must have pissed in her Froot-Loops".  Yeeeech.  Where was I when this one snuck in to the zeitgeist?

628192[/snapback]

the first i heard it was after i asked my boss, "who sheeit in your hat?", and he told me it would be more proper to say, "who pissed in your cereal". That was 10 years ago Mickey. :(

Actually, "this" started long before 1993. Yousef started planning the attack in 1991. Recall that Clinton became President on January 20, 1993. The bombing was on February 26, 1993 just a month later. Far be it from me to blame the administration of George H. Bush for that attack or to insinuate that it resulted from him seeming not to care. That would be unseemly. Bin Laden started AQ in 1988. The Clinton administration made it clear when they left office that Bin Laden was the biggest threat the US faced. Unfortunately, the Bushies were obsessed with Saddam

And on what date did something go boom? Feb 26, 1993. I'm not faulting anyone for not picking up that an attack was planned, I'm looking at a campaign in response. There wasn't one. A campaign is not tossing a few tomahawks around. You can muddy the waters with AQ starting in 1988, but that was also a big "who cares". What was VERY significant was Bin Laden issuing a fatwah in 1993 that the US was his enemy. The Clinton administration did virtually nothing through several terrorist attacks and a pattern of escalating viloence. Oh, they cut and ran in Somalia - that sent a pretty clear signal. I love your last sentence. If they truly beleived that Bin Laden was the biggest threat the US faced, why the fugg didn't they do something about him? For years, the Taliban thought an oil company was the state department, because they were the only Americans even talking to them.

Anyway, back to my original question. Do the Gore supporters believe (and scarier yet, do they think it a good idea) that he would have lied down for 9/11? By lie down I mean doing something committed and decisive, not lobbing a few cruise missiles into a goat ranch. Crap, I think even Kerry would have taken out the Taliban.

the first i heard it was after i asked my boss, "who sheeit in your hat?", and he told me it would be more proper to say, "who pissed in your cereal".  That was 10 years ago Mickey.  :(

628235[/snapback]

"Who pissed in your wheaties" has been around for at least 20.

You mean based on the history of politicians (which includes Democrats) not hamstringing the military and letting them accomplish missions in a professional (lethal) manner regardless of political consequences?  Somalia.  Rwanda.  Haiti.  Need I keep going?

What alternative,  perot, larouche, nader.

Al Gore is the ultimate hypocrite.  A blowhard environmentalist made rich by an OIL COMPANY.  Worship your demigods.   :(

He is, that being said I prefer to vote for democrats. Although right now the next choices of president looks to be mcain or clinton,wishing powell would run.