Al Gore at it again

"I want to give you a couple of reasons to redouble your efforts," Gore said.

"Voter fraud!" an audience member quickly offered up, to the delight of the crowd.

Gore smiled.

"I'll let others talk about that, but I like some of what I heard out here," he said.

626608[/snapback]

You know, I talked to someone from down there, who worked in a position where the votes were tallied. I dont know what thats called, so I guess I'm ignorant, but thats beside the point.

Well, this person told me that she didn't want to ever see that happen again, and got hysterical over the phone.

Now, maybe I do believe that the insinuation is true, maybe I don't. It really doesn't matter- the Democratic party must change. They can't pick weak candidates. Elections are about persuasion, and if what is insinuated did happen, then is was because people were pushed to do it. Would that be right? no, t wouldn't.

But the fact is, the democratic party needs to finally stop whining, and start acting. Stop using music stars to persuade the ignorant. Stop picking candidates that are led by the weak leadership of the party- and pick a candidate that will step up and LEAD the party. Until that happens, the democrats will be second- at best.

Also they need to have some plans , not Bush=Bad for everything.

630005[/snapback]

Think about it. What else do they need? Both parties get away with it because Lost and American Idol hold more sway with the average American voter than issues. Too hard.

One can try to explain something basically to death, but it remains that unless it's a soundbite that is more or less a slogan, the channel gets switched. Both parties realize it, and use it.

Which also makes me wonder why it takes so much money to get elected.

Oh wait, there's that TV thing again.

Who actually makes out during an election? It's illegal to pay me for a vote, but if you are a network, it's called business.

Adam. How'd you do that? I never quoted that part of the article or post yet it's attributed to me. Weird.

630118[/snapback]

Its because I'm a cut-and-paste ignoramous. My time is up....I need help! :(

What is up with this "piss in your cereal" metaphor?  I am hearing it all over lately.  My secretary used it the other day about another co-worker: "Someone must have pissed in her Froot-Loops".  Yeeeech.  Where was I when this one snuck in to the zeitgeist?

628192[/snapback]

i've heard it alot since people started saying "piss" in front of me as a child

if breakfast is the most important meal of the day and someone pisses in it, your day is pretty much borked

luckily, i'm always flying out the door after i wake up, so i don't have time to eat breakfast

it's a good day everyday! :)