Randell El is Redskin

LLoyd and Randell El, they really addressed the WR postiion. Snyder strikes again! Wonder how much he gave Randell El? Its a 6 year deal, $$$ amounts haven't been disclosed yet.

LLoyd and Randell El, they really addressed the WR postiion.  Snyder strikes again!  Wonder how much he gave Randell El?  Its a 6 year deal, $$$ amounts haven't been disclosed yet.

625923[/snapback]

will he play quarterback?

<_<  :lol:  :lol:

He might be an upgrade as the backup.

625962[/snapback]

No they are working on a deal with Todd Collins to do that, seriously. You know what he's thinking: Cha Ching!!!!!!!

No they are working on a deal with Todd Collins to do that, seriously.  You know what he's thinking: Cha Ching!!!!!!!

625968[/snapback]

Again, even with TC, Randell may be the best #2 QB on the team.

I think it's great that Snyder is taking to TC...hope he pays him BIG bucks.

One position I think the Bills are fine at is backup QB. KH is perfect in that role, IMO.

I'm hearing its somewhere in the vicinity of 6 years 20 mil

625970[/snapback]

I hear $30 mil, sounds like Moss, LLoyd, and Randell El all have very similiar deals.

Redskins | Contract update: A. Randle El

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 14:01:07 -0800

ESPN.com reports Washington Redskins WR Antwaan Randle El agreed to a six-year, $31 million deal to join the Redskins, a source familiar with the negotiations told ESPN.com's Michael Smith. The deal includes $10 million in bonuses.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2365504

Here's all you need to know about the approach of Washington owner Daniel Snyder and the lack of quality receivers available in free agency this year: the Redskins gave former Steeler Antwaan Randle El almost as many millions as he had catches for Pittsburgh last year.

I love how Danny Boy can do a contract like this, even though they're reportedly

$4.9 million over the cap.

Weren't they over the cap a few days ago?  Where's all this cap room coming from?

626243[/snapback]

Increase in cap due to new CBA and Lamar Arrington gave back something like 4 or 5 mil) from what I've heard) in order to leave. But STILL?

Increase in cap due to new CBA...

This figure I saw was even after the new CBA and the $102 million salary cap.

...and Lamar Arrington gave back something like 4 or 5 mil) from what I've heard) in order to leave.

That I did not hear. I guess that makes sense that they'd have gained some room from that.

But STILL?

Exactly. Even given all that, they're spending like madmen.

I guess they've done it in the past and not gotten bit too bad, though. They must have one hell of a capologist.

LLoyd and Randell El, they really addressed the WR postiion.  Snyder strikes again!  Wonder how much he gave Randell El?  Its a 6 year deal, $$$ amounts haven't been disclosed yet.

625923[/snapback]

So this is addressing the WR position. As the number 3 receiver they pick up a guy who had 3 more catches then our #3 (Josh Reed) who everyone around here proclaims sucks big mockey doo doo. I don't understand. How is it that a 35 catch receiver is a great signing but retaining our 35 catch #3 recever would blow because well he sucks. :(