Calamity of Errors

As the cream of free agency continues to be skimmed by our neighbors on the south end of the lake, I cannot believe the new lows this organization continues to reach.

First, Mike Sherman passed over for a plain vanilla coach with limited capabilities.

Second, management fails to dump Moulds and his outrageous salary; Levy must still have visions of the Miami playoff game dancing in his head.

Third, the FA bell goes off and all we sign is a tight-end with the same abilites of the guy we cut a couple of days ago.

What is next, Mel Kiper ripping us for taking some 3 round project in the 8th spot because the kid was highly recommended to Marv by the Don Bibbe speed camp?

This regime has gotten off to about as good a start as the new democracy in Iraq. I can see that the only thing I have to look forward to next season is a potential lesbian scandal with the cheerleading squad.

Good Luck True Believers, your going to need it!

stick a pipe in it.

624845[/snapback]

Lurker,

Can you honestly be happy with what you have seen since Levy has taken over? The thing that really bothers me about this FA signing is that Vernon Davis is now off our draft board, probably the biggest difference maker we would have a shot at in our current draft position.

Dear Bills fans,

Allow me to introduce you to example #98 of what I like to call 'what-the-fkcu' logic and posting. Notice his observations....ok....now really focus on his keen insights and evidence of the examples he cites...following you will notice the sweeping generalities and wimpy rhetoric......finally, he culminates his thoughts into a super sissy-hissy fit and draws the most wacky conclusion laced with the oft-cited 'I-told-you-so-ness' so common to these brilliant thinkers..........brilliant simply brilliant!

As the cream of free agency continues to be skimmed by our neighbors on the south end of the lake, I cannot believe the new lows this organization continues to reach.

First, Mike Sherman passed over for a plain vanilla coach with limited capabilities.

Second, management fails to dump Moulds and his outrageous salary; Levy must still have visions of the Miami playoff game dancing in his head.

Third, the FA bell goes off and all we sign is a tight-end with the same abilites of the guy we cut a couple of days ago.

What is next, Mel Kiper ripping us for taking some 3 round project in the 8th spot because the kid was highly recommended to Marv by the Don Bibbe speed camp?

This regime has gotten off to about as good a start as the new democracy in Iraq. I can see that the only thing I have to look forward to next season is a potential lesbian scandal with the cheerleading squad.

624840[/snapback]

624840[/snapback]

Hey put it up your pipe obviously you have no idea what is going on in Iraq, let alone to know anything about what this organization is doing now. Please keep your Hillary Clinton Mauer point views out of football, and stick to sitting on your pipe.

Dear Bills fans,

Allow me to introduce you to example #98 of what I like to call 'what-the-fkcu' logic and posting.  Notice his observations....ok....now really focus on his keen insights and evidence of the examples he cites...following you will notice the sweeping generalities and wimpy rhetoric......finally, he culminates his thoughts into a super sissy-hissy fit and draws the most wacky conclusion laced with the oft-cited 'I-told-you-so-ness' so common to these brilliant thinkers..........brilliant simply brilliant!

624855[/snapback]

Exactly why I don't come here as often as I used to.

Yeah, the first day of FA is truly an example of how a regime will function. Dude. quite the dope. It makes you stupid.

Lurker,

Can you honestly be happy with what you have seen since Levy has taken over? The thing that really bothers me about this FA signing is that Vernon Davis is now off our draft board, probably the biggest difference maker we would have a shot at in our current draft position.

624853[/snapback]

Hey put it up your pipe obviously you have no idea what is going on in Iraq, let alone to know anything about what this organization is doing now. Please keep your Hillary Clinton Mauer point views out of football, and stick to sitting on your pipe.

624868[/snapback]

I though he sounded more like Rush Limbaugh.

C'mon now.

This is EXACTLY the crap that everyone was saying last year when the Buffalo Sabres passed up all of the big named free agents.

Everyone was bitching and crying like the world was going to end.

The Sabres are now kicking ass and darcy is being called a genius.

The amount of negativity that pours out of Western New York near the end of winter is staggering.

Sit back, grab a beer and see what Marv does.

Exactly why I don't come here as often as I used to.

624871[/snapback]

Well something has to be done/said about the constant whining from fans who know little about the game and love to shout about it. I mean come on!!!

That guy can't pat himself on the back until these players prove themselves to be complete busts!!! Unless, he's working with Dionne Warwick's resurrected psychic network now. :lol:

Lurker,

624853[/snapback]

I have no reason to be unhappy so far. Levy and Jauron are trying to build a team, not an all-star squad. I am giving our new administration the benefit of the doubt.

You, on the other hand, have already declared everything this team has done a total failure. Since they haven't played any games yet, I can only assume you measure success by "star power". Since the Bills have not signed anyone that dazzles you, or has been hyped up on ESPN, you equate that with failure.

To each his own. But I have to wonder why you even bother to root for the Bills? They are never going to be like the Redskins or Cowboys, gobbling up suprstar players and coaches.

I will point out one more thing to you. At the begining of the NHL season, the Buffalo Sabres were picked to finish dead last by the experts. Why? The lack of marqee names. So now the Sabres are a legitimate Cup contender with a team and coach that no one had a speck of faith in.

The moral is that the so-called experts really don't know anything. All they do is trade each others opinions. So maybe the Bills will be the same, maybe not. At least wait until they start playing before you declare them a failure.

Or better yet, just go root for some other team.

PTR

I have no reason to be unhappy so far.  Levy and Jauron are trying to build a team, not an all-star squad.  I am giving our new administration the benefit of the doubt.

You, on the other hand, have already declared everything this team has done a total failure.  Since they haven't played any games yet, I can only assume you measure success by "star power".  Since the Bills have not signed anyone that dazzles you, or has been hyped up on ESPN, you equate that with failure.

To each his own.  But I have to wonder why you even bother to root for the Bills?  They are never going to be like the Redskins or Cowboys, gobbling up suprstar players and coaches.

I will point out one more thing to you.  At the begining of the NHL season, the Buffalo Sabres were picked to finish dead last by the experts.  Why?  The lack of marqee names.  So now the Sabres are a legitimate Cup contender with a team and coach that no one had a speck of faith in. 

The moral is that the so-called experts really don't know anything.  All they do is trade each others opinions.  So maybe the Bills will be the same, maybe not.  At least wait until they start playing before you declare them a failure. 

PTR

625057[/snapback]

Right on, robot man. Contrast that thinking with this approach to FA:

Colts | Team will avoid free agency frenzy for three weeks

Sat, 11 Mar 2006 18:33:51 -0800

Mike Chappell, of the Indianapolis Star, reports the Indianapolis Colts will sit out the first three weeks of free agency until prices drop on players. Colts president Bill Polian said, "We always sit out the first three weeks. We don't become active until the market sort of levels out."

ptp, take a hit and chill

624840[/snapback]

I have no reason to be unhappy so far.  Levy and Jauron are trying to build a team, not an all-star squad.  I am giving our new administration the benefit of the doubt.

You, on the other hand, have already declared everything this team has done a total failure.  Since they haven't played any games yet, I can only assume you measure success by "star power".  Since the Bills have not signed anyone that dazzles you, or has been hyped up on ESPN, you equate that with failure.

To each his own.  But I have to wonder why you even bother to root for the Bills?  They are never going to be like the Redskins or Cowboys, gobbling up suprstar players and coaches.

I will point out one more thing to you.  At the begining of the NHL season, the Buffalo Sabres were picked to finish dead last by the experts.  Why?  The lack of marqee names.  So now the Sabres are a legitimate Cup contender with a team and coach that no one had a speck of faith in. 

The moral is that the so-called experts really don't know anything.  All they do is trade each others opinions.  So maybe the Bills will be the same, maybe not.  At least wait until they start playing before you declare them a failure. 

PTR

625057[/snapback]

Promo,

The Cowboys and Redskins have a hell of a lot more SuperBowls than we do and they operate under the same salary limitations. Using your logic, that must mean stars equal championships? A great player is a great player there is nothing complicated about that. What the Bills need today are studs not "blocking" tightends or character guys, and unfortunately they ended up in Cleveland. We have plenty of money and we have successfully landed "stars" in the pass, TKO and Bryce Pulp (sp?), thus I am on record as saying we over paid for this Royal character and, in my opinion, could have done just fine without him. The draft is deep in tightends. And don't fool yourself, the jury is still out on Mr. Jurion in a big way! To date, the guy has proven nothing in this league.

Your NHL anology is interesting, but again I respectively disagree, a good GM can dig around in European locations north of the Artic Circle and find good players, they all don't come from Canada and U.S. just review the results of the Olympics. In addition, Mr. Ruff is one hell of coach, which the same cannot be said for Dick.

Hopefully Levy learned a lesson about powerful line play, especially when considering he got destroyed in 3 SuperBowls by it. Maybe Royal is the first piece of power running game, but I sure would have rather seen Mr. Charles be that piece.