I'll blame someone else for Oakland loss

AJ1

On 4th and one, a back with any speed or running sense would have bounced outside to the right and only had to outrun a DE to endzone.

The quicker Willis replaces Henry, the better.

The Big Three are all making mistakes by the bucketfull.

On 4th and one, a back with any speed or running sense would have bounced outside to the right and only had to outrun a DE to endzone.

45903[/snapback]

On the goaline especially, any back worth his salt will go to the hole he is assigned to, which he did (and scored).

If you still want to blame something here, blame TH's inconsistent blocking on pass protection and blame the coaches for putting Euhus in as a goal line TE.

But there was no hole except for the gapeing one on the right. I don't think an efficient back blindly follows the play, unless, of course, he feels threatened by someone on the bench. These two guys show no signs of complementing each other. That could be coaching, also.

BTW, I don't care what the league states in retrospect, an on-field crew would never call Henry's arm move at the end a TD. The reviewers would have said play whistled dead.

But there was no hole except for the gapeing one on the right.  I don't think an efficient back blindly follows the play, unless, of course, he feels threatened by someone on the bench.  These two guys show no signs of complementing each other.  That could be coaching, also.

BTW, I don't care what the league states in retrospect, an on-field crew would never call Henry's arm move at the end a TD.  The reviewers would have said play whistled dead.

45922[/snapback]

The whistle didn't blow until well after his arm crossed the goal-line and a Raiders defender swatted the ball out of his hand. You can hear it plain as day on the real-time replay of the play. You also don't see the zebra right over the play, or the side zebras, trot-in until the whistle on the audio track happens. I also don't care what the league says in retrospect. I believe what I see with my own eyes and I said BEFORE the NFL admitted the zebras made a mistake that it was a TD.

Guest Guest_NorCal Aaron_*

45903[/snapback]

Ok. You blame Henry. He'll blame Bledsoe. The rest will blame the refs. Guess what? The Bills are still 0-2.

But there was no hole except for the gapeing one on the right.  I don't think an efficient back blindly follows the play, unless, of course, he feels threatened by someone on the bench.  These two guys show no signs of complementing each other.  That could be coaching, also.

BTW, I don't care what the league states in retrospect, an on-field crew would never call Henry's arm move at the end a TD.  The reviewers would have said play whistled dead.

45922[/snapback]

Bull stevestojan - watch it again, and you'll see he extended the ball well before the whistle blew.

I agree Henry is the biggest problem!! He can't catch ( Pass goes right threw his hands and gets intercepted but it was too hi so it must be Bledsoes fault), He can't block ( Just watch him totally whiff and wind up on the ground while Bledsoe gets creamed, But Bledsoe should of thrown it sooner since he knows first hand that Henry can't block), He fumbles too much( Hasn't lost 1 yet this year but will soon and it will cost us but it will be Bledsoes fault because he didn't put it in there just right), Fell down without being hit several times, Doesn't have breakaway speed, Doesn't know the plays( Watch him on two obvious occasions in game one go the wrong way causing losses), But he runs hard so he is great. Remember He can't catch he can't block has no speed but other than that he is great!! Doesn't anyone remember Thurman ? How many receiving yards did he get? How many times did he fumble? How many receiving yards does Henry have in his career? TRAVIS HENRY SUCKS PLAIN AND SIMPLE!! Bledsoe might suck, The O-line might suck I will concede, but TRAVIS HENRY IS MORE OF A HINDERANCE TO A GOOD O THAN A HELP!!!

I agree Henry is the biggest problem!! He can't catch ( Pass goes right threw his hands and gets intercepted but it was too hi so it must be Bledsoes fault), He can't block ( Just watch him totally whiff and wind up on the ground while Bledsoe gets creamed, But Bledsoe should of thrown it sooner since he knows first hand that Henry can't block), He fumbles too much( Hasn't lost 1 yet this year but will soon and it will cost us but it will be Bledsoes fault because he didn't put it in there just right), Fell down without being hit several times, Doesn't have breakaway speed, Doesn't  know the plays( Watch him on two obvious occasions in game one go the wrong way causing losses), But he runs hard so he is great. Remember He can't catch he can't block has no speed but other than that he is great!!  Doesn't anyone remember Thurman ? How many receiving yards did he get? How many times did he fumble? How many receiving yards does Henry have in his career?  TRAVIS HENRY SUCKS PLAIN AND SIMPLE!! Bledsoe might suck, The O-line might suck I will concede, but TRAVIS HENRY IS MORE OF A HINDERANCE TO A GOOD O THAN A HELP!!!

46597[/snapback]

Prepare to get flamed. Travis is probably the most popular player on this board.

My take on Henry (my favorite Bills player since Kelly) is that he is ineffective right now. Part of it is him, he hasn't seemed as explosive or bruising as in the past. Part is the offensive scheme. They keep trying to get cute with him, and bounce him outside. He needs to be between the tackles, or in the near off-tackle to be effective. My 2 cents.

Wiilis would have scored! He's our goal line RB not Henry.

Just my opinion...... :devil:

45919[/snapback]

Please stop...Mcgahee in time may become the biggest threat in goalline situations....But right now...I go with Henry

Henry 23 TD's in 31 NFL games(last two seasons)

Mcgahee 2 TD's in 4 NFL preseason games....

Henry this year 0 for 2(should be 1 for 2 but.....)...I still give the goalline try's...Sometihng tells me he breaks in on a regular rate now....especially with no Teddy, Stroud, Sapp or Henderson gapping up the middle in the next few weeks...

I agree Henry is the biggest problem!! He can't catch ( Pass goes right threw his hands and gets intercepted but it was too hi so it must be Bledsoes fault), He can't block ( Just watch him totally whiff and wind up on the ground while Bledsoe gets creamed, But Bledsoe should of thrown it sooner since he knows first hand that Henry can't block), He fumbles too much( Hasn't lost 1 yet this year but will soon and it will cost us but it will be Bledsoes fault because he didn't put it in there just right), Fell down without being hit several times, Doesn't have breakaway speed, Doesn't  know the plays( Watch him on two obvious occasions in game one go the wrong way causing losses), But he runs hard so he is great. Remember He can't catch he can't block has no speed but other than that he is great!!  Doesn't anyone remember Thurman ? How many receiving yards did he get? How many times did he fumble? How many receiving yards does Henry have in his career?  TRAVIS HENRY SUCKS PLAIN AND SIMPLE!! Bledsoe might suck, The O-line might suck I will concede, but TRAVIS HENRY IS MORE OF A HINDERANCE TO A GOOD O THAN A HELP!!!

46597[/snapback]

I argued about this last week with you....and this week you are completely correct(last week your agruement was faulted cause Henry did none of this accept go the wrong direction on a screen)...

Henry had a terrible game last week....He missed a key block on opening drive....dropped two passes and didnt get the running game into a smooth flow all day....

Having said that, when your hit in the backfield every other play, its tough to get a running game going....With a few weaker defensive fronts coming up in the next few weeks...I think we will see this offense overall run smoother, with our running game leading the way....

46597[/snapback]

Fond of Travis, are ya? One thing Travis seems to have around the league is respect for his running, even if you refuse to give him any. Yet, I must agree that his pass catching skills are average at best, and his blocking (blitz pickup) is a serious detriment to the team. While his "official" fumbles may read zero, every time he takes a hit, I hold my breath for a split second watching for the ball ro come loose.

He's a tough runner, but seems to lack vision. He's got great heart, but seems a bit short in the IQ area. What Travis is can be best described as one dimensional at this point. He takes a beating, behind an O-Line that clearly isn't the best, and has managed to rack up 2750 (approx) yards over the past two years. That isn't bad. I don't expect his game to change much either.

What that said, I'm hopeful that McGahee can overcome the knee and show the potential he has as his skill set shows multiple areas of strength. He could be the real RB weapon we need.

While of lesser note, what bothers me more about the RB-FB situation in Buffalo is that Lawton looked good in the preseason and was said to have had a good camp. yet we kept Shelton who I've yet see make a decent block. He whiffs on Blitz pick ups, and doesn't look like he'll offer much as an outlet receiver either. then theres Joe Burns, who must be a special teams maniac as his RB, and now FB, skills are non-existent. With Shaud Williams proving himself in camp and the preseason, I thought Burns would be history, but alas he must have pix of TD in a very embarassing light.

we can all look for someone to blame but I think the bottom line is everyone is making their fair share of mistakes on this team.....

Our "stars" need to step up and make plays....

- Moulds needs to stop dropping passes

- Henry needs to be smarter with the ball....catch it when it hits his hands....and do a better job in blitz pickup

- Bledsoe needs to throw the ball away when nothing is there....and get the ball TO HIS RECIEVERS

And it wouldn't kill our great defense to come up with more turnovers or even score a defensive touchdown here and there......

They are losing as a team folks.....