David Givens signs with Cleveland

Brandon

Even more reason to keep moulds

624175[/snapback]

If Givens was the only FA WR on the market I might reluctantly agree. But he's not and I don't think there's anything the Browns could do to make me want to pay 7 million dollars to a guy who quit on us during a dolphin game.

Cya

Well with Givens gone who does that leave

Bruce? Resigned with the Rams

Jureviscious? He is looking at resigning with Seattle

Bryant? he is the only replacement worth cutting moulds for, but he has an atittude problem and may not be the type of guy Marv wants on the team

There just aren't valuable replacements for wide reciever on the market this year.

im verry surprised at this, not that he signed with cleveland, but that it was so quickly. He was a highly coveted free agent, and I would have thought he would take his time and let teams compete to raise his price. It seems as though givens didnt care about money and just wanted to go where he was happy. I think this really shows the relationship that Romeo Crennel develops (even tho he was the DC) with his teamates.

I hear they are facing possible fines.

The first weird free-agency report of the night came from Cleveland, when the team's Web site reportedly signed Patriots wide receiver David Givens and Ravens punter Dave Zastudil. The only problem was it wasn't true. Givens' agent, Brad Blank, has his client on a 7 a.m. flight to Miami to visit the Dolphins, and he almost didn't send Givens to Cleveland because of the erroneous report. Blank theorized that someone hacked into the Browns' computer, but he emphasized that no deal is done. Givens is scheduled to visit the Browns on Sunday if he doesn't sign with the Dolphins on Saturday.