QB's doomed to PLUMMET in the 2006 Draft?

The important question is, if QBs fall like crazy, who below us in the draft needs a QB? And are they willing to trade up for our spot?

624054[/snapback]

Right! A more likely scenario is an offer to Kerry Collins or even Griese or Fiedler, just in case JP is really a bust. No way Marv would waste #8 on him.

Guest BackInDaDay

If Leinart and/or Cutler are availabe for New Orleans , they'd be crazy not to take one of them. Brees is now a fine NFL QB, but he's also coming off a bad injury. Besides, with everything the Saints franchise has gone through, on and off the field, they need to give their fans hope. What sells hope better than a young champion (Leinart) or loacal hero (Cutler) at QB? Imagine the reaction to passing on these kids for Brees and he can't get it back. There'll be more murders in the Superdome.

Guest BackInDaDay
Right! A more likely scenario is an offer to Kerry Collins or even Griese or Fiedler, just in case JP is really a bust. No way Marv would waste #8 on him.

624062[/snapback]

I don't like Collins competing for the 1st string because unless Losman has somehow improved his ability to play NFL QB in the off-season, Collins will beat out both JP and Holcomb. Bledsoe may be a statue, but this guy's a gravestone.

Griese, Fiedler and Holcomb are all good backups. Granted either one of them will beat out a green JP for the starter role. If Culpepper wasn't coming off a bad knee injury I'd try to sign him but he is, so I wouldn't. Hopefully a vet QB with more upside than Holcomb becomes available.

You're right, it shouldn't. But how can you say it'll never happen? If New Orleans signs Drew Brees, it's a damn good possibility that Young will be there.

623830[/snapback]

I've been of the belief that VY would drop that far all along. He will be there at #8. We will pass on him. It'll never happen.

I think the first thing most people are forgetting is that the Jets have tried to/ want to/ or have, set up a private workout with Matt Leinart.

Steve McNair is crazy about Vince Young and has some kind of spell on the people in Tennessee. (Example: The fact that he has been able to stay on the roster for a lot more money than he deserves. I forget the exact figure cause i am unsure if he renegotiated.)

Culpepper want to go to a team that has a very good chance of winning, and more than likely that would be found in the NFC. Not to mention, he and Randy Moss weren't exactly the best of friends in Minnesota. Al Davis also loves the idea of a young quarterback with a strong arm, so if Cutler is there than he may take him.

If he doesn't take Cutler, it will be more than likely he has signed Dante Culpepper.

If Cutler or Young are still on the board it is important to remember that Detroit is behind the Bills at #9, and they need a quarterback. So that would mean that the best thing the Bills could do is trade down and get a guy like Broderick Bunkley or something that we need.

The fact that there are people out there that think that we should draft a quarterback and forget about Losman have no idea how to build a football team, and more than likely know little about the game itself.

For those out there that wish to get rid of Losman should seriously consider becoming a fan of one of the New York teams. All they do is B word about how they need a new quarterback or coach. You guys would fit right in.

If Culpepper wasn't coming off a bad knee injury I'd try to sign him but he is, so I wouldn't.

624101[/snapback]

Even if he were healthy, I think Culpepper would struggle in the wintry environs of Buffalo, NE and NY. His small hands would have a difficult time hanging onto the ball. He'd be a fumbling machine.

The important question is, if QBs fall like crazy, who below us in the draft needs a QB? And are they willing to trade up for our spot?

624054[/snapback]

Detroit, Arizona, and Baltimore are all in the "next 5" category.

There's zero chance of Leinart being on the Board when the Bills pick, and I don't care what you think about Losman, but the Bills would be insane to pass on a player of Leinart's caliber if he were somehow there due to the collective insanity of the other Teams in the League. Matt Leinarts just plain should not be available at #8.

JDG

Young will go to TN. McNair is the perfect mentor for VY. IMO

623833[/snapback]

I don't understand this. I know they are friends but their playing styles are ver very different. Oh yeah and they're black. Leinert is five times the pro QB that Young is and Chow (he won him a couple of titles at SC remember) would take him well before entertaining the thought of Young.

Titans will pick Leinart if his's available at #3. There's no way Norm Chow takes Young with Leinart on the board.

623866[/snapback]

Amen.

Seriously, think about it:

-Houston has a committment to David Carr and Reggie Bush to the city

-New Orleans is the supposed front runner for Drew Brees

-Tennessee WILL take a QB

-New York has resigned Chad Pennington and apparently has all but traded for Patrick Ramsay

-Green Bay selected Aaron Rodgers with their 1st pick last year

-San Francisco selected Alex Smith with the 1st pick overall last year

-Oakland is one of the front runners for Culpepper

I hate to say it, but could we see Vince Young taking Holcomb's number next season?

623791[/snapback]

You make the assumption that whatever rookie QB is drafted will be starting in 2006. How'd things work out for JP? Oh wait, I forgot...Leinhert and Young walk on water.

PTR

I don't like Collins competing for the 1st string because unless Losman has somehow improved his ability to play NFL QB in the off-season, Collins will beat out both JP and Holcomb.  Bledsoe may be a statue, but this guy's a gravestone.

Griese, Fiedler and Holcomb are all good backups.  Granted either one of them will beat out a green JP for the starter role.  If Culpepper wasn't coming off a bad knee injury I'd try to sign him but he is, so I wouldn't.  Hopefully a vet QB with more upside than Holcomb becomes available.

624101[/snapback]

Other than Brees, I don't see a whole lot of vet QBs with more upside than Holcomb out there. Holcomb's a decent QB, but his career won't last forever. The Bills need to think about who their starting QB will be once Holcomb hangs up his cleats. A guy like Cutler or (if by some miracle he's available) Leinart could fit the bill nicely.