QB's doomed to PLUMMET in the 2006 Draft?

Seriously, think about it:

-Houston has a committment to David Carr and Reggie Bush to the city

-New Orleans is the supposed front runner for Drew Brees

-Tennessee WILL take a QB

-New York has resigned Chad Pennington and apparently has all but traded for Patrick Ramsay

-Green Bay selected Aaron Rodgers with their 1st pick last year

-San Francisco selected Alex Smith with the 1st pick overall last year

-Oakland is one of the front runners for Culpepper

I hate to say it, but could we see Vince Young taking Holcomb's number next season?

-New York has resigned Chad Pennington and apparently has all but traded for Patrick Ramsay

I hate to say it, but could we see Vince Young taking Holcomb's number next season?

623791[/snapback]

Young will go to TN. McNair is the perfect mentor for VY. IMO

You're right, it shouldn't. But how can you say it'll never happen? If New Orleans signs Drew Brees, it's a damn good possibility that Young will be there.

623830[/snapback]

then we should trade the pick.

but Marv will not deviate from his draft board. :lol:

Mike Martz will do wonders with him :doh:

If any of the big 3 QBs are on the board when we pick, it's a solid change to trade down with a Minnesota, a Miami, or even with the Cowboys. Besides, even if the draft goes Bush - Brick - Ngata -Williams - Davis - Huff - Bunkley, we can still pick up, say, a Tamba Hali for our D line, Winston Justice for OT, or even Jimmie Williams to replace Nate if he leaves in 2007 (not that all 3 QBs will drop that far anyway).

Picking a QB would likely be good for selling tickets to fans blinded by the glitz in the short run, but it would set back building a winner in the short and medium run as the team dealt with:

1. The holes remaining in our line-up at DT and OL that might be helped by picking a stud linemen with the #8 (or even trading down and supplementing both poisitions with picks in the first two rounds.)

2. Like any young QB he will likely need a year or two of ttraining before he is able to win, and the odds are against happening given the crapshoot of picking talent in the draft which is at its worst in choosing QBs from the statistical comparisons I have seen.

3. We are commited to having AT LEAST the heavy slotted contract of 1 QB sitting on the bench as deadspacr and it will probably be two wasted fisrt roun contracts if Holcomb has an average camp and the two young QBs have young QB camp.

I'm sure the media would delight in helping the Bills sell tickets to the rubes promotinh the presence of Leinart or Youig if we got one of 'em.

I would not go near Vince Young with a 10 foot pole. His throwing motion looks like he is trying to flick dog poop off of his hand.

After reading this piece by Jason Whitlock I would be so freaking pissed if we wasted a draft pick on him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...whitlock/060309

623848[/snapback]

Playing quarterback in the NFL is the equivalent of getting in the sack with Jenna Jameson. Oh, everybody wants to do it, but it can be an incredibly humbling and "short" experience.

:lol::doh:

VY = RJ This would be no suitable measurement to the level of my disgust if the Bills drafted this guy.

I would not go near Vince Young with a 10 foot pole. His throwing motion looks like he is trying to flick dog poop off of his hand.

After reading this piece by Jason Whitlock I would be so freaking pissed if we wasted a draft pick on him.

623848[/snapback]

Playing quarterback in the NFL is the equivalent of getting in the sack with Jenna Jameson. Oh, everybody wants to do it, but it can be an incredibly humbling and "short" experience.
:lol:

623848[/snapback]

You mean kinda like Bernie Kosar except he's 10 times faster.......Kosar had a pretty good career IMO....... with a dog poop flicking throwing motion. :lol:

623791[/snapback]

If the bills were to draft Vince I would be looking for a new team, maybe become a fish.