Brees to NO?

Tom

According to the Miami Herald, the Saints have emerged as the leaders in the Brees sweepstakes. The Dolphins and Lions were believed to have the inside track at Brees, the top quarterback on the free-agent market, but a source told the Herald that the Saints are poised to guarantee more money than anyone else."

No link,,, heard on radio

Yeah and the Jets and the Raiders (along with the Dolphins) are supposed to be the front runners for Culpepper. If Brees goes to NO and Culpepper goes to either NY or Oak that could really screw us come draft day.

Why the hell is San Diego letting Brees go?

623764[/snapback]

You really don't watch too much football do you?

Let's see, first there's the injury. And secondly, a certain backup named Rivers, that's two reasons to trade him away.

Let's see, first there's the injury. And secondly, a certain backup named Rivers, that's two reasons to trade him away.

623842[/snapback]

Gee, you must be real-smart like.

Since Rivers has looked so spectacular, I can see why they want to let him go. Especially with his pro-style delivery. I shall now, and forever more, defer to you.

623842[/snapback]

Take it from someone who had the EXACT same operation on Tuesday of this week (my labrum was torn 80%, a lot more than Brees) its not even that bad. I expect to be 100% by the end of May. And while I'm not an NFL quarterback I'm very young and athletic and after a little physical therapy, I'll be lifting weights 5 days a week like I used too. IMHO Brees will be fine, and San Diego is making a big mistake letting him go. Not to mention, Rivers has looked less than impressive in my opinion.

Why the hell is San Diego letting Brees go?

623764[/snapback]

LOL! You must've not seen week 17 last year and the brutal hit he took in the middle of that game. The guy's career is pretty much over, just like Pennington's.

LOL!  You must've not seen week 17 last year and the brutal hit he took in the middle of that game.  The guy's career is pretty much over, just like Pennington's.

623925[/snapback]

I'm willing to bet he plays at the same level in 2006.

Yeah and the Jets and the Raiders (along with the Dolphins) are supposed to be the front runners for Culpepper.  If Brees goes to NO and Culpepper goes to either NY or Oak that could really screw us come draft day.

623742[/snapback]

May be the Dolphins or some other team will then trade into the top 7 to

get their QB of choice...

Brees had shoulder surgery and they got the River.

623773[/snapback]

I don't buy into this argument......If they re-sign Brees, then the trade

value for Rivers is very less.....However, their cap hit taking in two QBs

will be big, with a big contract for Brees.

AJ Smith is betting that LT is the center piece of this team and hopes to

plug Rivers in at the QB position and move on....

Before anyone jumps on me with the JP comparison, there is one big

difference.....San Diego has one of the best OL in the league and the

leagues best RB....The bills on the contrary had a poor OL and to make

matters worse, a horrible gameday coach who fought with his veterans

and couldn't control this team.

LOL!  You must've not seen week 17 last year and the brutal hit he took in the middle of that game.  The guy's career is pretty much over, just like Pennington's.

623925[/snapback]

Pennington's got rotator cuff issues. As Stl noted above, Brees' injury was a torn labrum. Brian Griese had that same surgery during the 2000-01 offseason, and was ready to start week 1 in 2001. (In fact, he threw a career-high 23 TD passes that season.)

Pennington's got rotator cuff issues. As Stl noted above, Brees' injury was a torn labrum. Brian Griese had that same surgery during the 2000-01 offseason, and was ready to start week 1 in 2001. (In fact, he threw a career-high 23 TD passes that season.)

623960[/snapback]

Brees also had SLIGHT damage to the rotator cuff, but it was very minimal unlike Pennigton who tore the crap out his rotator cuff....TWICE. According to Brees's Doctor it was so slight, no suture was required in the repair and there should be no lasting effects. The labrum was the significant injury in his case, and IMHO he will be good to go at the begining at the season.

May be the Dolphins or some other team will then trade into the top 7 to

get their QB of choice...

I'm thinking the Dolphins will go with Ramsey. Some of this is posturing, because one of them is taking Cutler.