No slam at Marv

Buftex

I would feel a little more comfortable with this transition into the "new NFL" with someone like TD at the helm...say what you will about him, he was a good businessman...it just seems like this whole new era is going to get off to a running start, teams could make some poor decisions out of the gate...it does not seem that the Bills can afford to be one of them.

Keeping my fingers crossed....I didn't think I was a dropout, but maybe I am! I don't understand this whole thing. It sounds like the high revenue teams are making the bigger concessions, but the "experts" still keep pointing out that this will be tougher for the small revenue teams.

Incidently, ESPN showed the 5 bottom revenue teams in the leauge, the Bills were not amongst them...

I would feel a little more comfortable with this transition into the "new NFL" with someone like  TD at the helm...

621972[/snapback]

REALLY ?!?!?!?????

You lost me after that comment. If anything I would feel more comfortable with one of Bruce Smiths old jock straps being the GM over TD at this point.

The only thing Marv has to do IMO to be a better GM then TD is fix our OL and DL.

TD's only real downfall IMO was his inability to see the extreme importance of high quality OL and DL.

I see your point in a way because I'll admit I bashed TD but he did a solid job on the business front and made several good moves (he fleeced the Falcons out of a #1 for Peerless and then used it on McGahee, he actually got a 3rd round pick for Henry which will be a top 3 pick in round 3 in this years Draft)...however the way the Bills are structured Marv will only be responsible for the football side as in overseeing the Draft and free agency...the Bills have some solid people in the organization to help Marv out because at his age - he will need help!

I see your point in a way because I'll admit I bashed TD but he did a solid job on the business front and made several good moves (he fleeced the Falcons out of a #1 for Peerless and then used it on McGahee, he actually got a 3rd round pick for Henry which will be a top 3 pick in round 3 in this years Draft)...however the way the Bills are structured Marv will only be responsible for the football side as in overseeing the Draft and free agency...the Bills have some solid people in the organization to help Marv out because at his age - he will need help!

622000[/snapback]

All this proves is TD was a good sheister, but a lousy GM.

This isn't a revolution. We didn't change the size of the field, didn't change the number of guys on it at any one time, didn't make it one point for a field goal. We just negotiated a new CBA! Owners will make more money. Some will make a little more than others. Players will probably make more money. Better players will make a considerable amount more. We will swallow hard and pay more for tickets, and TV will pay more for the rights to show games, and commercials will be a little more expensive. Ho hum.

I would feel a little more comfortable with this transition into the "new NFL" with someone like  TD at the helm...say what you will about him, he was a good businessman...it just seems like this whole new era is going to get off to a running start, teams could make some poor decisions out of the gate...it does not seem that the Bills can afford to be one of them. 

621972[/snapback]

Didn't RW promote someone within to be the VP of the business operations...

giving him the same power as TD to run the business side of the team.