Free USB Flash Drive

I've got three of the stupid things. Got 'em at an Exchange for Service Providers seminar a couple years ago. They're 16MB (or at least, they were).

While in the seminar, I used my Macintosh laptop to make a 3-disk software RAID 5 volume with the USB keys, at it worked. Even the MS guys were impressed at that.

I wonder what info it will record and report back to Uncle Bill?

619887[/snapback]

None. USB drives are passive (and erasable) storage devices analogous to floppies.

Thanks for the heads up on this.

None.  USB drives are passive (and erasable) storage devices analogous to floppies.

Thanks for the heads up on this.

620883[/snapback]

Except for that last inaccessable 128kb and its little bit of assembler code. FAR JUMP NEAR JUMP POKE POKE POKE, all for registers, stand up an holler! Yea Flags!. :blink:

I refuse to give MS any presumption of innocence...

:blink:

Except for that last inaccessable 128kb and its little bit of assembler code. FAR JUMP NEAR JUMP POKE POKE POKE. :blink:

I refuse to give MS any presumption of innocence...

:blink:

621480[/snapback]

I may be naive, but would transmitting any type of data back to MS from something in a flash drive be illegal? I know data is transmitted to MS from the OS itself all the time but that's in the user agreement.

I doubt MS would have much to gain vs. the amount it could lose from using a flash drive for this purpose.

I've got three of the stupid things.  Got 'em at an Exchange for Service Providers seminar a couple years ago. They're 16MB (or at least, they were).

While in the seminar, I used my Macintosh laptop to make a 3-disk software RAID 5 volume with the USB keys, at it worked. Even the MS guys were impressed at that.

620880[/snapback]

I got a 64-mb one from M$ at a conference a while ago

I may be naive, but would transmitting any type of data back to MS from something in a flash drive be illegal? I know data is transmitted to MS from the OS itself all the time but that's in the user agreement.

I doubt MS would have much to gain vs. the amount it could lose from using a flash drive for this purpose.

621489[/snapback]

Beats me, but being suspicious of Microsoft is not a bad philosophy. :blink: