Trade down in rd. 1

If we were to trade down i would want to draft Broderick Bunkley with the pick. The guy is a beast. At the combine he benched 225, 44 times. When he was at Florida State, he broke some kind of record for most tackels for a loss.

If we trade down, we better take a serious look at Bunkley because i don't care what people say, he will not be there in the second round.

It has been reported in the papers down here, the Bucs would like to trade Simeon Rice for a #1. I would be VERY happy if the Bills could trade down, pick up a #2 and Simeon.

619726[/snapback]

They'll be hard pressed to find a team willing to trade a 1st rd pick for a 32 year old de. Even though I think Rice is on another stratosphere then John Abraham, he's not likely to merit a 1st rd pick in a trade due to his age, but for a 2nd I'd hop all over that.

If we were to trade down i would want to draft Broderick Bunkley with the pick. The guy is a beast. At the combine he benched 225, 44 times. When he was at Florida State, he broke some kind of record for most tackels for a loss.

If we trade down, we better take a serious look at Bunkley because i don't care what people say, he will not be there in the second round.

619753[/snapback]

I agree Broderick Bunkley is a beast. IMO he'll be better then ngata when all is said and done.

I agree Broderick Bunkley is a beast.  IMO he'll be better then ngata when all is said and done.

619761[/snapback]

i've been wondering the same thing too.

have heard some trade down ideas with us getting the bunk and an interior guy like mangold or max gilles.

that is prolly the best value, but if we nab bunk and a guy like watson (or similar DT) we'd be laughing.

I agree Broderick Bunkley is a beast.  IMO he'll be better then ngata when all is said and done.

619761[/snapback]

OK, silly question time.

Is Bunkley the guy with the short arms? If he is, how big a deal is that for a D-lineman? O-lineman can engage more quickly if they have long arms, so it can be a limiting factor for them. What about d-line, are short arms a hinderance?

OK, silly question time.

Is Bunkley the guy with the short arms?  If he is, how big a deal is that for a D-lineman?  O-lineman can engage more quickly if they have long arms, so it can be a limiting factor for them.  What about d-line, are short arms a hinderance?

619938[/snapback]

It's more of a big deal for DEs than DTs. Long armed OTs are able to lock onto pass rushers to neutralize their speed, kind of like what Walter Jones is able to do and what many feel D'Brickashaw Ferguson (whose wingspan is like that of a 7 footer) will be able to do.

OK, silly question time.

Is Bunkley the guy with the short arms?  If he is, how big a deal is that for a D-lineman?  O-lineman can engage more quickly if they have long arms, so it can be a limiting factor for them.  What about d-line, are short arms a hinderance?

619938[/snapback]

I believe you're thinking of the guy from Ohio State who did 45. As his arms definately looked short where Bunkley's didn't.

OK, silly question time.

619938[/snapback]

No, he's the guy with rather long arms, which makes his 44 reps even more impressive. The latest projections have him and Watson going in the mid to late first. Watson has been a career underachiever, he even was benched a few games last year for poor performance. Just say no to Watson, if he wasn't good enough to start at Michigan full time IMHO he's going to have a lot of trouble in the NFL.

Just say no to Watson, if he wasn't good enough to start at Michigan full time IMHO he's going to have a lot of trouble in the NFL.

620755[/snapback]

Sort of like that QB that wasn't good enough for Big Blue a couple of years ago, what was his name? oh yeah Tom Brady. The truth is Watson has been very impressive at the Senior Bowl and combine and likely elevated himself back into the 1st Round after falling out of it do in part because of his poor play this season.

Sort of like that QB that wasn't good enough for Big Blue a couple of years ago, what was his name? oh yeah Tom Brady. The truth is Watson has been very impressive at the Senior Bowl and combine and likely elevated himself back into the 1st Round after falling out of it do in part because of his poor play this season.

620762[/snapback]

Yeah, but he sucks.

620762[/snapback]

I watched every senior bowl practice and was not impressed with Watson, Mangold dominated him in the one on one drills (but he did that with everyone). IMHO he's got Bust written across his forehead. You have to put some value into his play on the field which has never been over the top, unlike someone like Bunckley. Watson has been labled an enigma..all the physical tools in the world put just never been able to put it all together...tends to disapear on a lot of plays and has a questionable work ethic. I'll take a pass.

It has been reported in the papers down here, the Bucs would like to trade Simeon Rice for a #1. I would be VERY happy if the Bills could trade down, pick up a #2 and Simeon.

619726[/snapback]

Simeon Rice is a well known D*#k Head.

He has beaten up his wife.

When asked about black males having kids out of weddlock, said, "That's just what brothers do...its part of our culture"

He also said Pat Tilman had watched to many Rambo movies....

Pass on that Ass!

Not a character guy type that Marv is looking for.

620762[/snapback]

More like Pat Williams, who was a turd at Texas A&M, and developed a work ethic by having to earn his pay in the NFL. Of course, Watson will be set for life with his first contract, so he won't have that carrot to chase. Physically, he has the most talent of all of the DT's in this draft, but he's got to be THE most likely early round prospect to be a bust.

620762[/snapback]

I think that the fact that Watson is willing to work in the weeks before the draft means that he looks for short cuts. I think he didn't try on the football field because he knew that he could just impress at the combine and still climb into the 1st or second round.

I think it is all about money for a guy like this and his main goal for his career is not to win a championship or elevate his level of play, but instead elevate the amount of money in his pocket. His main goal is to be drafted high and then turn into Gilbert Brown.

Forgive me if you think differently, but that's just how i see it.

619726[/snapback]

I would be shocked if anyone actually traded something for Rice. If he were a free agent, he'd only get offered one year deals or a phony long term deal that is equivalent to a one year deal like Ty Law got from the Jets.

I would be shocked if anyone actually traded something for Rice.  If he were a free agent, he'd only get offered one year deals or a phony long term deal that is equivalent to a one year deal like Ty Law got from the Jets.

620856[/snapback]

If that is the case then Rice will be a Buc in 06 one way or another. If the Bills don't get him, I will be very happy if he remains a Buc.