KC is awarded SB XLIX

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A cold weather superbowl?? Are you guys sure that KC doesn't have plans for ad domed stadium by then? I'd LOVE to see the game played outdoors in cold weather, but I have my doubts.

A cold weather superbowl?? Are you guys sure that KC doesn't have plans for ad domed stadium by then? I'd LOVE to see the game played outdoors in cold weather, but I have my doubts.

618528[/snapback]

If this is true...and if there are no plans for a dome in KC, this is GREAT news for football...and for Buffalo, IMO.

If this is true...and if there are no plans for a dome in KC, this is GREAT news for football...and for Buffalo, IMO.

618538[/snapback]

There is no way Buffalo ever gets a superbowl. What are we going to do for entertainment take everyone bowling or have bus tours to Niagara Falls?

Lets get real. KC is is a great city if you have ever been there. I hope they plan on a dome though, because a cold weather superbowl is just dumb.

There is no way Buffalo ever gets a superbowl.  What are we going to do for entertainment take everyone bowling or have bus tours to Niagara Falls?

Lets get real.  KC is is a great city if you have ever been there.  I hope they plan on a dome though, because a cold weather superbowl is just dumb.

618542[/snapback]

Yes, you'd have to use the Falls (Ontario) in any proposal...plain and simple. And that's not too hard to sell IMO. (I'd include Toronto in any presentation, as well.)

They wouldn't be busing to NF...many/most would be STAYING in NF and busing to the game. There woujld be limo/luxury buses to TO as well.

The KC SB is contingent on them putting a roof over Arrowhead. They're considering building a sliding roof that could be shared between Arrowhead and the Royals' stadium.

If they don't get the roof done (I recall 2010 as the deadline) the SB gets put out for "bid" again.

The KC SB is contingent on them putting a roof over Arrowhead.  They're considering building a sliding roof that could be shared between Arrowhead and the Royals' stadium.

If they don't get the roof done (I recall 2010 as the deadline) the SB gets put out for "bid" again.

618558[/snapback]

That BLOWS...but, it figures.

The KC SB is contingent on them putting a roof over Arrowhead.  They're considering building a sliding roof that could be shared between Arrowhead and the Royals' stadium.

618558[/snapback]

Seeing as the SB is only already scheduled up to ONLY 2010 - how did they jump ahead to 2015 ?

http://www.superbowl.com/features/futuresites

While I love Ralph Wilson Stadium, and think it is fine for NFL football, it doesn't really compare, in terms that corporate America (ie: those who get to attend the Super Bowl) prioritizes, with Arrowhead....I'd love to see it though. Would WNY have enough ammenities (we know there is not a lot of money) to put on a good show? Would the Goo Goo Dolls be the half-time act, or would Buffalo hold out for Mark Freeland?

There is no way Buffalo ever gets a superbowl.  What are we going to do for entertainment take everyone bowling or have bus tours to Niagara Falls?

Lets get real.  KC is is a great city if you have ever been there.  I hope they plan on a dome though, because a cold weather superbowl is just dumb.

618542[/snapback]

football is meant to be played outdoors. id kill to see a SB in the snow. did you ever notice how the superbowl is never as exciting as the playoffs that lead up to it?

While I love Ralph Wilson Stadium, and think it is fine for NFL football, it doesn't really compare, in terms that corporate America (ie: those who get to attend the Super Bowl) prioritizes, with Arrowhead....I'd love to see it though.  Would WNY have enough ammenities (we know there is not a lot of money) to put on a good show?  Would the Goo Goo Dolls be the half-time act, or would Buffalo hold out for Mark Freeland?

618565[/snapback]

Ani DeFranco

You are correct re:The Ralph. I love it, but a new stadium would be needed for a SB.

So - cities won't have to bid anymore on the SB ?

Just respond to the NFL's blackmail ?

Let's see - carrot or stick ?

618610[/snapback]

Like carrots? Hate the feel?

Carrot on a stick! Think of it, carrot-kabobs everywhere!!!