Sabres vs Bruins

I have never heard an announcing team that were bigger homers than those two.  When the Sabres scored the play by play guy sounded as if there had just been a death in the family.

618381[/snapback]

Get used to them. I checked the schedule on inDemand and all the Sabres-Bruins games this month are the NESN feed. I wish the NHL.com radio feed didn't have such a big delay.

Get used to them.  I checked the schedule on inDemand and all the Sabres-Bruins games this month are the NESN feed.  I wish the NHL.com radio feed didn't have such a big delay.

618476[/snapback]

Yikes! We play the Bruins 5 times in the month of March!

I don't mind the homer calls so much...I like the sort of low-key, regional feel of the broadcasts...BTW, I think the guys who do the Penguins games are the worst...if the Sabres aren't playing, and I am actually home to see the games live, I will watch pretty much watch any broadcast that doesn't involve the Penguins announcers. I can't even explain it, they are just awful...the Edmonton guys are very good. It makes me appreciate Jeanerett and Lorenz all the more. When I was growing up in Buffalo, we used to knock Jim Lorenz all the time (watch him speak, with the sound turned down, the way he shifts his head back and forth between Jeanerette and the camera is excruciating, he still looks very uncomfortable in front of the camera after all thes years), but he is actually much more insightful than most color guys...

BTW, last nights game was a nice win, and Marty was terrific after the first 10 minutes. I am a little concerned, however, about how many shots the Sabres gave up in the third period....I really would like to see Buffalo get another legit defensemen for the playoff run....

Yikes! We play the Bruins 5 times in the month of March!

I don't mind the homer calls so much...I like the sort of low-key, regional feel of the broadcasts...BTW, I think the guys who do the Penguins games are the worst...if the Sabres aren't playing, and I am actually home to see the games live, I will watch pretty much watch any broadcast that doesn't involve the Penguins announcers.  I can't even explain it, they are just awful...the Edmonton guys are very good.  It makes me appreciate Jeanerett and Lorenz all the more.  When I was growing up in Buffalo, we used to knock Jim Lorenz all the time (watch him speak, with the sound turned down, the way he shifts his head back and forth between Jeanerette and the camera is excruciating, he still looks very uncomfortable in front of the camera after all thes years), but he is actually much more insightful than most color guys...

BTW, last nights game was a nice win, and Marty was terrific after the first 10 minutes.  I am a little concerned, however, about how many shots the Sabres gave up in the third period....I really would like to see Buffalo get another legit defensemen for the playoff run....

618581[/snapback]

I have to agree with you on that one, but the Caps announcers give them a good run for the title.

I went to the game last night, and did the Sabres ever look terrible in the first period.  They really turned it on though, and proved they are by far the better team.  I really like the way they are playing.  I was concerned at first when Miller wasn't in goal, but Biron did settle down and play well.  He was amazing in the 3rd period.  Shots on Goal for the game was something like Buffalo 22, Boston 44, not sure exactly, but it did seem like Boston was rapid fire shooting in the third period in an attempt to win.

It was really awesome that the Sabres fans (myself yelling along) go the LETS GO BUFFALO going in the third period.  I was sufficiently scoring points with my neighbors (NOT) when I would yell out "HERE WE GO SABRES HERE WE GO!"

Great game last night.  I was worried that the Sabres were going to fall on thier swords after going down by two, but I was very happily surprised.

618443[/snapback]

I was there too. I actually thought Biron looked great throughout - it was the D that was having alot of trouble with bad giveaways early on. It easily could've been 4-0 halfway through the 1st. Everyone seemed lethargic til the 1st Boston penalty and then the power-play goal. That seemed to wake everyone up. We dominated the 2nd and Biron stopped 20 in the 3rd. How Biron wasn't one of the 3 stars was beyond me.

Saw lots of Sabres fans there, and the Garden was only maybe 75% full. Blades, their mascot, saw my son and I in our Sabres jerseys pre-game and came over to harass us. My son probably would've taken a swing at him... Bruin fans seem resigned to their mediocrity. We got a parking spot at a meter in front of the place we went for dinner (The Fours) so for $3 in quarters we didn't have to worry about parking. The Garden was alot like HSBC I thought. I missed alot of the 3rd period waiting on line for ice cream :huh:

Joe Beninati is the Caps' TV guy and he was the one who called Team USA's games for Westwood One radio during Torino. 

TERRIBLE.

618829[/snapback]

The color guy is brutal. I can't stand his voice. He sounds like Buck Martinez who coincidentally does the Orioles games on Comcast too.

I like the Vancouver announcing team (RSN Pacific). The play by play guy does the EA Sports games. Maybe I am just used to him from that.

The color guy is brutal.  I can't stand his voice.  He sounds like Buck Martinez who coincidentally does the Orioles games on Comcast too.

I like the Vancouver announcing team (RSN Pacific).  The play by play guy does the EA Sports games.  Maybe I am just used to him from that.

619349[/snapback]

He's Craig Laughlin. And you are correct unfortunately (the guy was a star at my Alma Mater a few years before I got there).