Moulds rejects Bills' 2nd request to take paycut

Veteran receiver Eric Moulds' future with the Buffalo Bills became more uncertain Thursday after he rejected the team's second request this week to take a pay cut.

"This thing is going nowhere," Moulds' personal adviser, Greg Johnson, told The Associated Press after he and the player's agent, Harry Henderson, held talks with the Bills. "The dollars they're presenting at this particular time are much too low. We're way too far apart to have an intelligent conversation anymore."

Although Johnson expects the Bills to release Moulds, a move that would save the team about $5.5 million in salary cap space, he's not sure when that would happen.

"I think they're going to cut him, but not any time soon," Johnson said.

The Bills were not immediately available for comment. General manager Marv Levy has previously said he is interested in retaining Moulds, a 10-year veteran and Buffalo's senior player who ranks second on the team in several career receiving categories.

Moulds rejected the team's initial request to accept a pay cut on Monday.

Although he didn't provide monetary details of the negotiations, Johnson said the Bills haven't budged from their stance that Moulds accept what he called a significant pay cut.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/foot...ills.moulds.ap/

"This thing is going nowhere," Moulds' personal adviser, Greg Johnson, told The Associated Press after he and the player's agent, Harry Henderson, held talks with the Bills. "The dollars they're presenting at this particular time are much too low. We're way too far apart to have an intelligent conversation anymore."

616874[/snapback]

Someone should tell these agents that you first off, you have to be intelligent to have an intelligent conversation. They are all a bunch of douchebags.

Is there any Bills players on the roster right now that you would really miss? Maybe Lee Evans and Brian Moreman and that's about it for me.

616877[/snapback]

Good call, those are the only two that I would really miss as well.

Just cut him and get it over with.

Is there any Bills players on the roster right now that you would really miss? Maybe Lee Evans and Brian Moreman and that's about it for me.

616877[/snapback]

I agree, but I'd add Terrence McGee and a healthy Takeo Spikes to that list. Maybe even Willis McGahee too.

616877[/snapback]

It all depends on when his roster bonus is due. If it's not due until June (highly unlikely) then Bills can ride it out.

By not cutting him immediately, Bills benefit by holding EM off FA market and increase their chances of having him agree to a sweeter deal. Which is exactly why it's unlikely EM & his agents would agree to an extended bonus period.

They may have a week of wiggle room.

616877[/snapback]

Mike Schneck

Veteran receiver Eric Moulds' future with the Buffalo Bills became more uncertain Thursday after he rejected the team's second request this week to take a pay cut.

Although Johnson expects the Bills to release Moulds, a move that would save the team about $5.5 million in salary cap space, he's not sure when that would happen.

"I think they're going to cut him, but not any time soon," Johnson said.

The Bills were not immediately available for comment. General manager Marv Levy has previously said he is interested in retaining Moulds, a 10-year veteran and Buffalo's senior player who ranks second on the team in several career receiving categories.

Moulds rejected the team's initial request to accept a pay cut on Monday.

Although he didn't provide monetary details of the negotiations, Johnson said the Bills haven't budged from their stance that Moulds accept what he called a significant pay cut.

616874[/snapback]

Oh still my barely beating heart.

Wow, you guys are rediculous...all this whining about not having anybody worth keeping but 3 or 4 players? How can you call yourselves fans of the Bills? Rediculous. Where's the loyalty? sh------- or not, the Bills are still my team...and i'm wayyyyyy out in the northwest. My friends all shat all over me this year with comments about the Bills being so pathetic and what not...I know they are, but i'm not going to B word and say they have only 3 players worth keeping.

Wow, you guys are rediculous...all this whining about not having anybody worth keeping but 3 or 4 players? How can you call yourselves fans of the Bills? Rediculous. Where's the loyalty? sh------- or not, the Bills are still my team...and i'm wayyyyyy out in the northwest. My friends all shat all over me this year with comments about the Bills being so pathetic and what not...I know they are, but i'm not going to B word and say they have only 3 players worth keeping.

616953[/snapback]

There are plenty that are worth keeping...

but only 3 that I would really miss if they left.. not the same thing.

I haven't forgotten 2003 :doh: ... and last year wasn't any fun either.

That Johnson guy seems like an ass, and Moulds and his entourage better be careful and not piss the Bills off because they could REALLY fukk with Moulds if they wanted to by keeping him until the last minute and then cutting him when few teams have any money or openings left. They could wait until July.