Vince Young and the Wonderlic

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terry Bradshaw, anyone?

612859[/snapback]

I see that I am redundant, someone else picked that up before me. I do know people around Terry who say that he is intelligent, but dyslexic, and I have been around such people.

I wrote phamplets in the Navy Reserve on taking tests, and never placed lower than third on any Massachusetts civil service test, even on jobs which I would not have been able to perform. I have one brother who is considered a genius, and I always was in the 99th percentile in the Iowa Test of Educational develompent (in the days before the SAT) We have a younger brother who has never forgiven our (now deceased) parents for having his intelligence tested by outside experts when he was seven or eight, because he seemed so much slower than the rest of the children. He did go to college, but never bought a textbook because of poor reading skills, and he wasn't going to spend money on books he wasn't going to read. He did have one skill, however. He could remember every idea from a lecture, and after college, would go to conferences and pick up every idea and make friends with every person he met.

I guess that he has done ok, he is president of three corporations, has been flown by private jet to inteview for important jobs, and was considered for an undersecretary position in a governmental agency. Meanwhile, I am a retired low level civil sevent, and my genius brother teaches ESL classes.

It harkens to a quote I heard many years ago: "You have to go to college, or you will just have to hire college grads to work for you."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/ins...todd&id=2346494

If this is true his stock HAD to fall. 

T_R

612895[/snapback]

Perhaps you missed this long-assed thread about it:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=42215

I just LOVE the obsession some here have for the Wonderlic.

Uh, the report he scored a 6 has been proven wrong.

612902[/snapback]

Well...I think I'd say:

The rumor he scored a "6" has been replaced with a new rumor. NOTHING'S been "proven" here.

See? Drug advocacy has a consequence.  :doh:  :D

612917[/snapback]

A consequence, to be sure...but, not a negative consequence...right?

And, I'm glad you only attributed the consequence to the ADVOCACY of drugs...not the drugs themselves. Never blame the drugs!

This was reported by Pro Football Talk.com

ProFootballTalk.com

I'll believe it when I see it on a source that ISN'T known for stirring up sh-- and faulty rumors.

Until then, this is a non-issue.

612029[/snapback]

I was wondering when the resident Vince young squeegeeboy was going to chime in.

:D

This is a pretty funny wonderlic link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/060227

my favorite is...

45. When Brett Favre throws an interception into quadruple coverage, it is generally thought to be excusable because ____.

Answer choices: (a) he is a "gunslinger"; (b) he isn't surrounded by top-notch talent, so therefore his only alternative is to play down to their level; © he is nice to the media; (d) he is Brett Favre; (e) all of the above; (f) I have no idea.