Mike Williams or McKinnie

Frez

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donahoe should've selected Bryant McKinnie with that #4 pick in 2002.

We told you so!  :lol:

610297[/snapback]

That wasn't the decision.....it was between Roy Williams and Mike Williams.

During their predraft visits to Buffalo, Mike Williams was a "used car salesman" and the Bills left the lot with a 1994 Ford F-150 that was leaking oil. They could have had brand new, harding hitting Mustang in their backfield.

During their predraft visits to Buffalo, Mike Williams was a "used car salesman" and the Bills left the lot with a 1994 Ford F-150 that was leaking oil.  They could have had brand new, harding hitting Mustang in their backfield.

610309[/snapback]

Not true. TD was all over Harrington, but the Lions crossed him up, so he went with an overweight RT with a history of at least 1 serious injury.

During their predraft visits to Buffalo, Mike Williams was a "used car salesman" and the Bills left the lot with a 1994 Ford F-150 that was leaking oil.  They could have had brand new, harding hitting Mustang in their backfield.

610309[/snapback]

Unfortunately the Mustang only has 3 gears and can't run with anybody on the open road.

Not true. TD was all over Harrington, but the Lions crossed him up, so he went with an overweight RT with a history of at least 1 serious injury.

610310[/snapback]

With the #4 it was between Mike Williams and Roy Williams.

Mike Williams was the pick two days before the draft. With the more recent move and drafting of JP LOsman I can understand TD wanting Harrington. :lol:

610309[/snapback]

Roy Williams would have looked great in a Bills uni, but I remember a lot of experts thinking that #4 was too high for a safety. (I never understand that argument. If the guy is one of the best players in the draft you take him. Period.)

Are you guys forgetting that not only TD, but most of the sporting media thought Williams was a safer pick over Mckinney, do to attitude issues? And when McKinney held out on the Vikes, it sure did look like ol' TD made the smart move. Obviously in retrospect it wasn't, but everyone here is acting like TD went against conventional wisdom by drafting big Mike, when that was not the case.

Donahoe should've selected Bryant McKinnie with that #4 pick in 2002.

We told you so!  :lol:

610297[/snapback]

All one can say is that McKinnie he has been more durable that MW. The jury is still out whether he was worth the fourth pick overall. McKinnie has yet to appear in a Pro Bowl.

He is also not a "character guy." He was arrested for a scuffle in a gas station last year and is all about the money.

Besides, based on all the talk on this board it looks like they should have drafted LeCharles Bentley

Ah, must be a painful day for you, Simon. TD's biggest failure in the player draft cut? Further proof of Ol'whitey's incompetence and baseless bravado.

610315[/snapback]

Wow, he missed a draft pick. He must really suck. :lol:

The only painful day of this offseason was the one where the Bills panicked and demolished a solid administration because of one predictable step backwards and I realized that my fellow Bills fans had become some of the whiniest bitches in the league.

Oh well, there's always next decade.....

Wow, he missed a draft pick. He must really suck.  :lol:

The only painful day of this offseason was the one where the Bills panicked and demolished a solid administration because of one predictable step backwards and I realized that my fellow Bills fans had become some of the whiniest bitches in the league.

610326[/snapback]

I'd say he whiffed on the next pick too.........Josh Reed. :D

Wow, he missed a draft pick. He must really suck.  :lol:

610326[/snapback]

A SOLID ADMINISTRATION?

Dude, that must be some good sh-- you're smoking. What, you have a direct connection to Thailand or something?

Tom Donahoe did exactly JACK SQUAT to improve this team beyond what it was when he took over. To me, that's not exactly what you'd call "solid."

Hell, that whole draft was a mess!

Mike Williams T Texas

Josh Reed WR Louisiana State

Ryan Denney DE Brigham Young

Coy Wire DB Stanford

Justin Bannan DT ColoradoKevin Thomas DB UNLV

Mike Pucillo G Auburn

Rodney Wright WR Fresno State

Jarrett Ferguson RB Virginia Tech

Dominique Stevenson LB Tennessee

Mike Williams  T Texas

Coy Wire DB Stanford

Mike Pucillo G Auburn

610331[/snapback]

But it was only ONE PICK.

Let's take a look at two of TD's other draft gems, shall we?

Roscoe Parrish

Ron Edwards

Don't even get me started on FAs.

But it was only ONE PICK.

Let's take a look at two of TD's other draft gems, shall we?

Roscoe Parrish

Ron Edwards

Don't even get me started on FAs.

610332[/snapback]

That's why he's not here any more Joe ,we all know that. :lol:

but everyone here is acting like TD went against conventional wisdom by drafting big Mike, when that was not the case.

610323[/snapback]

Sorry, but you are just wrong. Here is a history of all Offensive Tackles that have been drafted in the last several decades. Can you find one who was drafted in the top 5 as a RT? I cannot.

John Hannah was drafted in the top 5 as a Guard way back when. He was the only non-LT offensive lineman that I can find who was a top 5 pick.

TD had a tendency to get "cute" in the first round (or with his first selection of a draft) during his stay in Buffalo. He passed on Steinbach to wait a year for MaGahee. He passed on McKinnie (LT) to go with Fat Mike. He took Little Richard Parrish while both lines were crying out for help. He gave away the store for JP, then handed him the job based on nothing.

The more I think about it, getting canned in Pitt. must have really screwed with his head, and left him determined to "out-smart" the football world. Too bad, because he was a truly good football man.

I wonder how he feels now after getting fired in Buff and watching Pitt win it all. :lol:

Mike Williams  T Texas

Coy Wire DB Stanford

Mike Pucillo G Auburn

610331[/snapback]

The work of a Solid Administration. :lol: