Hey Wall Golfers, what is in your bag?

ACor58

I've been telling myself that I'm going to buy some new sticks one of these decades (truth be told I kind of enjoy beating my buddies and their fancy new clubs with my 20 year old rust-spotted mix'n'match specials;-).

What is a "fitting", who does it, what does it entail, where do you have it done, etc?

Cya

613242[/snapback]

Any respectable pro/pro shop should offer fittings. It can be done in a few different ways. Some people will just measure your height, arm length, and other things like that. A good place will do that and also have you hit a few clubs. They want to make sure the clubs are the right length, have the right shafts, and other more technical things. It may not sound like much, but it can make a whole world of difference.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any respectable pro/pro shop should offer fittings.  It can be done in a few different ways.  Some people will just measure your height, arm length, and other things like that.  A good place will do that and also have you hit a few clubs.  They want to make sure the clubs are the right length, have the right shafts, and other more technical things.  It may not sound like much, but it can make a whole world of difference.

613262[/snapback]

At the better places they will measure swing speed, club head speed, ball launch angle, ball speed, ball spin, etc... They can really design clubs shaft, and even balls to match the style of play and your swing.

I was Fitted at the ping plant here in Phoenix. You hit several dozen balls while they measure the angle of the club. The length of the shaft, the speed and several other aspects of your game. You need to supply info as to whether you play a draw or a fade, etc...

Everybody should be fit so that their equipment matches the style of their game.

• 3 weeks later...

Damn you all!!!

I say that because this thread got me thinking that I need to upgrade my clubs...

- Taylor Made RAC OS Irons, 5 - SW, custom fitted.

- Taylor Made R5 Type N Driver

- Custom made Hybrid 2, 3, 4 irons.

- Knock off of Taylor Made Monza Corza putter.