It is Official....Bills Tag Clements!

Mike32282

Two words that should slap the sense back into you: Chris Chambers

608981[/snapback]

Nate was not man-up with Chambers for more than a handful of plays in that game

Two other words you may not have known about: Trail Technique (something Nate was asked to utilize alot this past season)

...and a blitz /zone over the top scheme/philosophy...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two words that should slap the sense back into you: Chris Chambers

608981[/snapback]

Let's see in the first game against Miami Chambers had 60 yards and Nate forced a game clenching fumble against Ronnie Brown. Oh I know, you're talking about the 2nd game when on 2nd down Nate slapped the ball out of his hands and looked to be a game winning play?

Of course many forget on 4th down Jabari Greer was covering Chambers and was called for pass interference and also gave up the game winning TD.

Say what you want about Nate's play all day but with the game on the line Nate made a play that would have won the game (inpart this is why he's referred to as a playmaker). Conversely a player who would have been favored as his replacement failed and could be goated for the "player that lost us the game".

Let's see in the first game against Miami Chambers had 60 yards and Nate forced a game clenching fumble against Ronnie Brown. Oh I know, you're talking about the 2nd game when on 2nd down Nate slapped the ball out of his hands and looked to be a game winning play?

Of course many forget on 4th down Jabari Greer was covering Chambers and was called for pass interference and also gave up the game winning TD.

Say what you want about Nate's play all day but with the game on the line Nate made a play that would have won the game (inpart this is why he's referred to as a playmaker). Conversely a player who would have been favored as his replacement failed and could be goated for the "player that lost us the game".

609090[/snapback]

What about an excuse for the poor play on Jimmy Smith in the opening game of last year at the end of the opening drive?

Time is running out, Jacksonville is marching down the field and just need one big play to put themselves in scoring position. Leftwich tosses it deep down the left sideline where Nate Clements is man up with Jimmy Smith. All he has to do is make the play.

WHAT DO YOU DO TOM?

Knock it down!

I wish he had, that ball was hung up in the air like a fishing line being cast into the water. Clements goes up to try and pick it off and instead of making the easy play, Smith catches it and Jacksonville ultimately wins the game in a big part to Nate's poor decision making on that play.

The Bills Wednesday announced that the team has designated cornerback Nate Clements as its franchise player.

“We are announcing today that we have placed the franchise tag on Nate Clements,” Bills general manager Marv Levy said. “We consider Nate a valuable member of our defense and believe he will play an important role in re-establishing our defense as one of the toughest units in the league. At the same time, we remain optimistic that we will be able to work out a long-term deal with Nate in the foreseeable future.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3611

608592[/snapback]

Good. Now it's on to restructuring the contract of Eric Moulds.

Good call to keep Nate, the Bills just can't afford to lose the little top notch talent they have.  And even though it was a down year for Nate, some team would have paid twice as much to sign him.  Any one recall if TD used the franchise tag in his regime?

608860[/snapback]

Another team overpaying for a mediocre talent is NOT the Bills' problem.

In fact, it HELPS the Bills.

Anyone see Nate Odomes, Jeff Burris or Antoine Winfield lately?

Another team overpaying for a mediocre talent is NOT the Bills' problem.

In fact, it HELPS the Bills.

Anyone see Nate Odomes, Jeff Burris or Antoine Winfield lately?

609499[/snapback]

Well, I saw PLENTY of Winfield when I watched the Vikings. 89 tackles (the Bills couldda used a few of those from a DB) and 4 INTs. He is also one of the best one-on-one cover men in the league.

Make no mistake, the Bills could not keep AW at the price he was commanding. BUT, he was/is a HUGE loss on this D. Other than Fletcher, I'm not sure we have a sure tackler on this team.

Sorry....CBs are NOT WORTH THE MONEY. They are WRs who didnt have the hands to cut it on that side of the ball. NOTHING MORE, save for a VERY FEW notable exceptions.

The Patriots havent had a good secondary in years. And only wound up having one of the best defenses in the NFL. Syaing keep Nate is "critical to the defenses success" is like saying "keeping the long snapper is critical to the Special Team's success." Laughable.

Sorry....CBs are NOT WORTH THE MONEY. They are WRs who didnt have the hands to cut it on that side of the ball. NOTHING MORE, save for a VERY FEW notable exceptions.

The Patriots havent had a good secondary in years. And only wound up having one of the best defenses in the NFL. Syaing keep Nate is "critical to the defenses success" is like saying "keeping the long snapper is critical to the Special Team's success." Laughable.

609686[/snapback]

Yeah because Receivers have to be able display their backpedaling, recovery speed, and hip fluidity skills all the time :D

What about an excuse for the poor play on Jimmy Smith in the opening game of last year at the end of the opening drive?

Time is running out, Jacksonville is marching down the field and just need one big play to put themselves in scoring position. Leftwich tosses it deep down the left sideline where Nate Clements is man up with Jimmy Smith. All he has to do is make the play.

WHAT DO YOU DO TOM?

Knock it down!

I wish he had, that ball was hung up in the air like a fishing line being cast into the water. Clements goes up to try and pick it off and instead of making the easy play, Smith catches it and Jacksonville ultimately wins the game in a big part to Nate's poor decision making on that play.

609217[/snapback]

No one on this board is going to argue with you on the Jax game, however bringing a game up that happened two years ago is a pretty weak response to Jokeman's post.

No one on this board is going to argue with you on the Jax game,  however bringing a game up that happened two years ago is a pretty weak response to Jokeman's post.

609707[/snapback]

I wasn't trying to argue i was just trying to say that Nate Clements is a little above mediocre, and i was just using examples of his bad playing to prove my point. I didn't mean to offend anybody but it is my firm belief that i need to see something out of him this year before i accept his status in the league as anything other than the Bills Digest/ Tom Donahoe hype.

Maybe you weren't reading before hand but i agreed with the move.

I wasn't trying to argue i was just trying to say that Nate Clements is a little above mediocre, and i was just using examples of his bad playing to prove my point. I didn't mean to offend anybody but it is my firm belief that i need to see something out of him this year before i accept his status in the league as anything other than the Bills Digest/ Tom Donahoe hype.

Maybe you weren't reading before hand but i agreed with the move.

609758[/snapback]

Above medicore = Terrence McGee at CB. Nate is in a whole lot better than that. He's easily a top 10 CB in the league and TD didn't have to tell me.

Above medicore = Terrence McGee at CB. Nate is in a whole lot better than that. He's easily a top 10 CB in the league and TD didn't have to tell me.

609978[/snapback]

I wasn't implying that TD had to tell you. I think Nate is very good. I actually have to agree with you on most of the things that you have stated.