It is Official....Bills Tag Clements!

Mike32282

The Bills Wednesday announced that the team has designated cornerback Nate Clements as its franchise player.

“We are announcing today that we have placed the franchise tag on Nate Clements,” Bills general manager Marv Levy said. “We consider Nate a valuable member of our defense and believe he will play an important role in re-establishing our defense as one of the toughest units in the league. At the same time, we remain optimistic that we will be able to work out a long-term deal with Nate in the foreseeable future.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3611

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills Wednesday announced that the team has designated cornerback Nate Clements as its franchise player.

“We are announcing today that we have placed the franchise tag on Nate Clements,” Bills general manager Marv Levy said. “We consider Nate a valuable member of our defense and believe he will play an important role in re-establishing our defense as one of the toughest units in the league. At the same time, we remain optimistic that we will be able to work out a long-term deal with Nate in the foreseeable future.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3611

608592[/snapback]

Nice ! I especially like it that they will be trying to work out a long term deal. Somehow I suspect, TD would have let NC go for the same reasons as he did Pat Williams. Oh well, TD ain't here ....

Out of curiosity, what would you have changed it to if Nate were to have left Buffalo? Bannan97 or Gandy69 has a nice ring to it.

608615[/snapback]

Sorry, but according to the board by-laws he would have had to move over to the message board of whatever team Clements ended up on....just like there's a certain Pats fan who's glad Donahoe hasn't taken another job...yet....

Sorry, but according to the board by-laws he would have had to move over to the message board of whatever team Clements ended up on....just like there's a certain Pats fan who's glad Donahoe hasn't taken another job...yet....

608623[/snapback]

Oh so that is what happened to posters like AirBledsoe11 or alwaysthebridesmaidnevergilbride!!!

IMO, this is a great move.  We either lock him up, keep him for the year at that price and groom his replacement, or tag and trade.  Either way, we aren't going to just give him up for nothing.

608594[/snapback]

To get back to the issue of the thread:

What I also like about this move is it at least initially sends a message to the rest of the team and the NFL that the Bills can commit to players...under TD, it seems the Bills lost their way in that regard (letting Pat go as the primary example)

At least I hope that is the effect this signing has.

he he. my bad!

608657[/snapback]

Click on your original post - in the lower left hand of the screen is a box named "Moderator Options". Scroll in that box, and you can choose to eliminate your thread.

It's a handy thing - not for this innocuous topic, but when one posts something outrageous and would really like to retract it... :lol:

I guess marv didn't see how horrible nate was this past season. he cost us so many big plays, and ultimately the outcome of the game. he was late on every tackle, and a step behind everything else. I can't believe that we are tagging him as our franchise player. If nate clements is the "franchise" player of this team, then I'm afraid of what is to come.

Click on your original post - in the lower left hand of the screen is a box named "Moderator Options". Scroll in that box, and you can choose to eliminate your thread.

It's a handy thing - not for this innocuous topic, but when one posts something outrageous and would really like to retract it... :lol:

608668[/snapback]

So that's why a search on your username only returns 743 posts... :lol: