BEST METAL VOCALIST OF ALL TIME

bbh10128

... WHO IS BEST HEAVY METAL VOCALIST EVER?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. ... WHO IS BEST HEAVY METAL VOCALIST EVER?

• RONNIE JAMES DIO
    • UDO DIRKSCHNEIDER
    • OZZIE OSBOURNE
    • AXEL ROSE
    • STEVEN TYLER
    • DAVID LEE ROTH
    • ROB HALFORD
    • BON SCOTT
    • ROBERT PLANT
    • JOE ELLIOTT
    • DAVID COVERDALE
    • OTHER (SPECIFY)

I remember X traded me the J Geils Band Centerfold for Dio - Holy Diver in sixth grade straight up. I made him look like Tom Donahue and he was left confused, holding the bag. No one touches Dio - the man is a vocal metal god. Even his later stuff - Angry Machines is great. My ipod is full of Dio. J Geils had one good song on that album - Piss on the Wall. X still sings it when I visit.

oh yeah I still have the Holy Diver tape...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember X traded me the J Geils Band Centerfold for Dio - Holy Diver in sixth grade straight up. I made him look like Tom Donahue and he was left confused, holding the bag. No one touches Dio - the man is a vocal metal god. Even his later stuff - Angry Machines is great. My ipod is full of Dio. J Geils had one good song on that album - Piss on the Wall. X still sings it when I visit.

606961[/snapback]

HEY BEAVIS, IS "X" BUTTHEAD?

606961[/snapback]

No-No, you gave me Van Halen 1 and 2.

i take the opposite view in terms of the ratio between good and crap in ANY genre.

I figure anywhere from 1%-10% of the music in any given genre is good and the rest is derivative crap.  Of course, I'm a putrid music snob!

606843[/snapback]

I agree with that in terms of what I personally like, but I really think that only the fringe cases can be called "noise." I am too, by the way. I only like a narrow band in each genre.

I remember X traded me the J Geils Band Centerfold for Dio - Holy Diver in sixth grade straight up. I made him look like Tom Donahue and he was left confused, holding the bag.

606961[/snapback]

Lucky for you it wasn't Full House, or you would've been burned. :devil: