Going to B-more in April

Beerball

Going to Baltimore in early April, Annapolis to be exact.  If any of the locals would be so kind as to suggest a couple places where I can get my fill of crab and other assorted goodies from the sea it would be greatly appreciated.

605497[/snapback]

Crabs: smashing crabs outdoors.

If you're in Annapolis:

Cantler's - it's a hole in the wall just out of town but very local and one of the local tributaries.

Jimmy Cantler's Riverside Inn

458 Forest Beach Road

Annapolis, MD 21401

410-757-1311 (tel)

ww.cantlers.com

- bring friends, smash crabs, get seriously pissed.

Mike's - on the South River.

Mike's Restaurant and Crab House

3030 Old Riva Rd.

Riva, MD 21140

410-956-2784 (tel)

www.mikescrabhouse.com

Downtown: Phillips. More of a regular commercial restaurant, but local commercial.

Avoid Buddy's Crabs & Ribs like the plague, only tourists go there.

Crab CAKEs or any seafood: All on the water, great atmosphere; very good but not very cheap. Not NYC, DC expensive but bring the credit card.

The Chart House - Eastport side.

O'Leary's - many say this is the best place.

Carroll's Creek.

Less pricey, downtown, more bar atmosphere:

McGarvey's

Griffin's

O'Brien's

Take a cab, parking is hard to find plus you don't have to drive home.

Going to Baltimore in early April, Annapolis to be exact.  If any of the locals would be so kind as to suggest a couple places where I can get my fill of crab and other assorted goodies from the sea it would be greatly appreciated.

605497[/snapback]

Couple of things, April is most likely too early for local crabs, so you will be eating Asian or Texas crabs, if your eating hard shells, so I would say pass. If they are locals, prolly to small to even waste the effort of pickin em!!!

If your eating soft shells or cakes, doesn't really matter.

One suggestion I'll make if you have a car, and depending on the atmosphere you want. Take a drive over the bay bridge to Kent Narrows, maybe 15-20 minutes from Annapolis. Couple places there that have great seafood, but more of a casual type place. One on the right as soon as you go over the Kent Narrows bridge is called Fishermans. Excellant crab cakes. BTW, if your getting cakes remember in order of preferance

1) Sauteed

2)Broiled

3)Fried(why bother?)

On the left is Red Eyes Dock Bar. Now, I have must say I have never eaten anything there but oysters on the half, but a sunny Sat. or Sunday there is one big ole party. You'll swear its Saturday night at 2.00 in the afternoon. Lots o fun right on the bay.

In terms of restauarnts right in anna. the other suggestions sounded on the money

Good suggestions all, thanks!  We'll be in the area from Wednesday-Sunday, with one day spent in DC (probably Saturday).  Thursday & Friday are pretty wide open, so if anyone has suggestions they would be welcome.  FYI we will have a car.

605614[/snapback]

This is the enetertainment at red eyes on the weekends. Youll prolly be there too early for these to start, but good info to know lol.

http://www.redeyedockbar.com/photo-gallery.htm

Not to far away form Annapolis is:

http://www.oloughlinspub.com/

The owner is a Buffalo boy and a GREAT guy. His menu is a mix of local MD and WNY dishes. If he is there he'll sit down and talk with you. He's a Bills fan, so he'll talk football too.

I have not been to this new location (they relocated), but the type of people he drew before were the repeat locals where everyone knows everyone. Think people shouting "Norm!" when you walk in...

Not to far away form Annapolis is:

http://www.oloughlinspub.com/

The owner is a Buffalo boy and a GREAT guy.  His menu is a mix of local MD and WNY dishes.  If he is there he'll sit down and talk with you.  He's a Bills fan, so he'll talk football too.

I have not been to this new location (they relocated), but the type of people he drew before were the repeat locals where everyone knows everyone.  Think people shouting "Norm!" when you walk in...

605618[/snapback]

Mmmmmm, beef on weck!

Mmmmmm, beef on weck!

605633[/snapback]

The place is the real deal... seriously, it's like visiting two areas at the same time. Have a bowl of cream of crab soup (which the regulars at the table next to you will chime in and tell you how good it is) and split an orders of wings. Then have a Beef on Weck for dinner... They probably have a selection of Canadian beers too.

Ask to talk to Tom and he'll sit down and talk your ear off if you want. He's the kind of guy you want to give your money to for a good meal.