Can anyone explain this?

SDS

You'll be impressed to know the IT guys dismissed the whole situation until I offered up that possibility.  They immediately jumped on that as the only possibility.

OK...maybe you won't be impressed.  But, I was.  :pirate:

600377[/snapback]

They're selling Girl Scout Cookies in the office. That's what made me think of it.

Mmmmmmm...... cookies.

They're selling Girl Scout Cookies in the office.  That's what made me think of it.

Mmmmmmm......  cookies.

600437[/snapback]

Izzit Girl Scout cookie time? Excellent! Gotta get me some Samoa, some choclolate mint, some peanut butter....etc.

Izzit Girl Scout cookie time?  Excellent!  Gotta get me some Samoa, some choclolate mint, some peanut butter....etc.

600442[/snapback]

The Samoas are now known as Carmel Delights. It's more more politically correct term they say.

And I found this little bit of interesting trivia while looking for the new name of Samoas....

"Each local Girl Scout council sets the price per box, based on its needs and its knowledge of its local market. The price per box, therefore, may vary from one location to another and from one year to the next. "

From Girl Scout Cookies.

You can now get Girl Scout Cookies on Ebay.

The Samoas are now known as Carmel Delights. It's more more politically correct term they say.

And I found this little bit of interesting trivia while looking for the new name of Samoas....

"Each local Girl Scout council sets the price per box, based on its needs and its knowledge of its local market. The price per box, therefore, may vary from one location to another and from one year to the next. "

From Girl Scout Cookies.

You can now get Girl Scout Cookies on Ebay.

600518[/snapback]

Indeed they are Carmel Delights here..I just found a sign-up sheet in another dept.

I was under the impression it depended on the company that was contracted to make the cookies. There were at least two different suppliers (ABC Bakers and Little Brownie Bakers come to mind).

Indeed they are Carmel Delights here..I just found a sign-up sheet in another dept.

I was under the impression it depended on the company that was contracted to make the cookies.  There were at least two different suppliers (ABC Bakers and Little Brownie Bakers come to mind).

600558[/snapback]

Now that's interesting - I just love those things, and when I bought them here in The BuffTown, I'm pretty sure they were called Somoas. I bought many boxes, both from friends and from the girl scouts selling them at The Ralph on game day, and I know they were called Somoas.

Then I signed on for a few more boxes at work from a guy who was selling them for his daughter in Ohio, and couldn't find Somoas on the sheet - the were called Carmel Delights.

Someone needs to get to the bottom of this, Dean.

Now that's interesting - I just love those things, and when I bought them here in The BuffTown, I'm pretty sure they were called Somoas.  I bought many boxes, both from friends and from the girl scouts selling them at The Ralph on game day, and I know they were called Somoas.

Then I signed on for a few more boxes at work from a guy who was selling them for his daughter in Ohio, and couldn't find Somoas on the sheet - the were called Carmel Delights.

Someone needs to get to the bottom of this, Dean.

600562[/snapback]

Under normal circumstances I'd volunteer to get to the "bottom" of this. But, as this involves girl scouts, and given the gov't's combing of internet activity...I'll think I'll take a pass.