Where can i order a copy of the NFL rule book?

stevestojan

Does anyone know where I can get an official copy of the NFL rule book?

I enjoy reading from time to time, but only very particular things (like "Texas Hold Em for Advanced Players" I must recommend that book, i can send it to anyone who wants to read it, just promise to return it!). Anyway, I would like to read all of the rules, in book format. Anyone know of a place to get it?

I enjoy reading from time to time, but only very particular things (like "Texas Hold Em for Advanced Players"  I must recommend that book, i can send it to anyone who wants to read it, just promise to return it!). Anyway, I would like to read all of the rules, in book format. Anyone know of a place to get it?

43541[/snapback]

Ask any of the officials from our last game. They obviously aren't using thiers.

the real reason i wanted one is so when there are calls like this, and i want to bash the ref, at least i know that my bashing is correct.

Like last week, when the official said "the hold started outside of the endzone", why would i NOT believe him? But, like posted above, that was NOT the correct call.

What a crock of stevestojan.

I enjoy reading from time to time, but only very particular things (like "Texas Hold Em for Advanced Players"  I must recommend that book, i can send it to anyone who wants to read it, just promise to return it!). Anyway, I would like to read all of the rules, in book format. Anyone know of a place to get it?

43541[/snapback]

I was thinking of getting that book. I've heard it's mostly for middle-limits, is it good for lower limit too?

I've also heard it's really dry and boring, although the content is gold.

I was thinking of getting that book.  I've heard it's mostly for middle-limits, is it good for lower limit too?

I've also heard it's really dry and boring, although the content is gold.

43585[/snapback]

you're summary is perfect.

better for middle to upper limit, but believe me can be helpful for lower games. DRY, very DRY, but i liked it because i felt like i was learning. Imagine taking a college course on Hold em. It sucks reading a text book, but at least you like the subject matter... make sense?

Be forewarned:

I had a rule book until the dog ate most of it (I now have about 1/3 of the rules.)

1st, the book is written in a very convoluted fashion. For instance, unless you were VERY familiar w/ the book, I bet you'd spend 30 minutes trying to figure if we were entitled to a safety or not.

The other problem, at least when I got one a feww years ago, is that by the time you get the book, the rules have changed. It's probably the case that the most current rules available to the general public were those implemented for the 2002 season. They change the rules slightly every year & I'm pretty certain that you're not gonna get the 2004 rules. That being said, it is still worthwhile to satiate your curiousity.

For instance, what prompted my purchasing this book was there was this rather controversial call pertaining to whether or not a pass was forward or not :lol:

Be forewarned:

The other problem, at least when I got one a feww years ago, is that by the time you get the book, the rules have changed.  It's probably the case that the most current rules available to the general public were those implemented for the 2002 season.  They change the rules slightly every year & I'm pretty certain that you're not gonna get the 2004 rules. 

43740[/snapback]

The first link I provided above is the Official NFL Rules for the 2004 Season, so dropping the $14.99 will indeed get you the current rulebook.