WORST CALL THAT WENT AGAINST SEATTLE?

Which Call Against Seattle Was the Worst?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Which Call Against Seattle Was the Worst?

• Rothlesberger TD when Ball was Down Before Goal Line
    • Push-Off By Ingram which Nullified Seattle TD
    • Holding Call Nullifying Seattle's 1st & Goal from the 2
    • Illegal Block on Hasselback

Could have been a good game except the officials truly ruined it. I am no fan of either team so I have no particular axe to grind or bias. other than wanting to see a good Super Bowl. But consistently and suspiciously throughout critical moments of the game the officials made calls that consistently went against the Seahawks. Granted one of them was overturned (one of them was not), but the question remains why so many calls against Seattle? In particular, which call do you think was the worst?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could have been a good game except the officials truly ruined it.  I am no fan of either team so I have no particular axe to grind or bias. other than wanting to see a good Super Bowl.  But consistently and suspiciously throughout critical moments of the game the officials made calls that consistently went against the Seahawks.  Granted one of them was overturned (one of them was not), but the question remains why so many calls against Seattle?  In particular, which call do you think was the worst?

595793[/snapback]

Define "worst".

The call on Rothlesburger's TD was the most damaging to Seattle...but the "blocking too low" on Hasselbeck's tackle was the most egregiously stupid, I think.

Define "worst". 

The call on Rothlesburger's TD was the most damaging to Seattle...but the "blocking too low" on Hasselbeck's tackle was the most egregiously stupid, I think.

595800[/snapback]

i think by worst he means the most detromental (and incorrect) call against seattle in the game

I think the most damaging was the hold after Stevens' catch. That started the chain of events that drove the game out of hand.

They have 1st and goal from the 1 if that doesn't happen. They almost certainly get 7 out of it. But then two plays later, Hassel throws the pick. Then the ridiculous penalty on the return.

4 plays later it is 21-10.

No holding call there, and it is probably 17-14 Seattle.

I think the most damaging was the hold after Stevens' catch. That started the chain of events that drove the game out of hand.

They have 1st and goal from the 1 if that doesn't happen. They almost certainly get 7 out of it. But then two plays later, Hassel throws the pick. Then the ridiculous penalty on the return.

4 plays later it is 21-10.

No holding call there, and it is probably 17-14 Seattle.

595817[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. Of course it's not a given that Seattle would score a TD but given the year Alexander had and his TD total I'd say it's pretty likely.

I don't think Ben got in on that TD run, but i don't blame them for not overturning it on replay....couldn't clearly see that he didn't get in. What was more disturbing was the side judge running in to spot the ball short...was as tho he initially forgot that the steelers were supposed to get all the calls, but remembered as he was running, so signaled TD. WHAT THE @Q#()@ ???

The other calls were inexcusable...

The other play at the end of the 1st half -- Hasselback threw to DJack, who caught it going into the end zone. They called him out....clearly lookd in to me!! And no review!! He got one foot down, then the other CLEARLY kicked over the pylon. That is a TD....not even reviewed.

I don't think Ben got in on that TD run, but i don't blame them for not overturning it on replay....couldn't clearly see that he didn't get in.  What was more disturbing was the side judge running in to spot the ball short...was as tho he initially forgot that the steelers were supposed to get all the calls, but remembered as he was running, so signaled TD.  WHAT THE @Q#()@ ???

595820[/snapback]

That was my read, too. They probably made the right call based on the rules but i don't think he got in.

Did anyone else think that the Steelers were offsides on the phantom hold, too, that would have been first and goal on the one? The OLB definitely jumped the snap, it was just a matter of whether he crossed the LOS before the ball moved. I think he did. Actually, I think he did it two plays in a row.

The other play at the end of the 1st half -- Hasselback threw to DJack, who caught it going into the end zone.  They called him out....clearly lookd in to me!!  And no review!!  He got one foot down, then the other CLEARLY kicked over the pylon.  That is a TD....not even reviewed.

595825[/snapback]

That's another one I was wondering about and agree with you. he clearly clicked the pylon with his second foot before going out of bounds. I thought that the Steelers screwed themselves when they called that time-out and it gave the guys in the booth extra time to look it over but they never did. And the announcers never mentioned it. Anyone know the real rule on that? I think that should have been a TD.

Did anyone else think that the Steelers were offsides on the phantom hold, too, that would have been first and goal on the one? The OLB definitely jumped the snap, it was just a matter of whether he crossed the LOS before the ball moved. I think he did. Actually, I think he did it two plays in a row.

595831[/snapback]

That was my gut reaction too. I just couldn't tell if he crossed or not. But I tend to think that he was NOT offsides, because on the very next play, he got off early again. I think he nailed Hasselbeck's count. But it was very close either way IMO.

Hold was BS though...even more Fd up if he was offsides to begin with.

I don't think Ben got in on that TD run, but i don't blame them for not overturning it on replay....couldn't clearly see that he didn't get in.  What was more disturbing was the side judge running in to spot the ball short...was as tho he initially forgot that the steelers were supposed to get all the calls, but remembered as he was running, so signaled TD.  WHAT THE @Q#()@ ???

595820[/snapback]

i now am totally confused as to what 'breaking the plane' of the goalline is...in the broadcast they said all they had to do was get INTO the white line area...not cross it...in which case i agree with them..the football was into the white line..but it never crossed it, which i always believed a touchdown was..(hench BREAKING the plane)...somebody clear this up for me?

That was my read, too. They probably made the right call based on the rules but i don't think he got in.

595831[/snapback]

I'm glad to see others saw what I did. I am a Hawks fan (second team, Bills #1 always) and I was totally disgusted. It was just like watching any Bills game - just no respect and all the breaks given to the favorites who had "90% of the fans in the stands" according to the talking heads.

And the Stones sucked too. Yuck.

I'm glad to see others saw what I did.  I am a Hawks fan (second team, Bills #1 always) and I was totally disgusted.  It was just like watching any Bills game - just no respect and all the breaks given to the favorites who had "90% of the fans in the stands" according to the talking heads.

And the Stones sucked too.  Yuck.

595843[/snapback]

Well, to me, that was by far the best halftime show ever. Even if they did suck. Because of the extreme and often criminal sucktitude of 40 previous halftime shows. :doh:

i now am totally confused as to what 'breaking the plane' of the goalline is...in the broadcast they said all they had to do was get INTO the white line area...not cross it...in which case i agree with them..the football was into the white line..but it never crossed it, which i always believed a touchdown was..(hench BREAKING the plane)...somebody clear this up for me?

595839[/snapback]

The white line is the plane. As soon as the white starts, that is the goaline. You enter that zone, you score.