I'm going to Washington DC

aussiew

I'm leaving tomorrow and will be there until next Friday. Staying downtown near the convention center at the Hilton Garden Inn.

Looks like I'm stuck watching the Super Bowl alone so I'd like to find someplace rowdy with good wings and beer (and even some good looking men) :P

Any recommendations? It will need to be close to downtown because I'm not renting a car.

Thanks.

I'm leaving tomorrow and will be there until next Friday. Staying downtown near the convention center at the Hilton Garden Inn.

Looks like I'm stuck watching the Super Bowl alone so I'd like to find someplace rowdy with good wings and beer (and even some good looking men)  :P

Any recommendations? It will need to be close to downtown because I'm not renting a car.

Thanks.

593936[/snapback]

Watch out for Crap Throwing Monkeys

EDIT:

Dunno if it's still there. Dunno if it's still a decent bar...but, when I used to go visit, i always like the rhino bar, Garretts in Georgetown. I also like the 21st Ammendment, but it burned down.

I'm taking a raincoat. I'll put it on as I leave Reagan airport, just in case that damn monkey is around.

593981[/snapback]

Good thing. It's raining today.

If you don't mind commercial glitz, there's an ESPNZone downtown, about five blocks from the Hilton Garden Inn. (12th and E, you'll be on 14th and H...walk south from H to E, turn left, walk two blocks). I don't know how the wings or men are...but rowdy's a good bet, and they're likely to have something good on tap.

Other than that, I don't know downtown sports bars well at all.

Good thing.  It's raining today.

If you don't mind commercial glitz, there's an ESPNZone downtown, about five blocks from the Hilton Garden Inn.  (12th and E, you'll be on 14th and H...walk south from H to E, turn left, walk two blocks).  I don't know how the wings or men are...but rowdy's a good bet, and they're likely to have something good on tap. 

Other than that, I don't know downtown sports bars well at all.

594188[/snapback]

There is always Grievies, need a car though. Or that place we went earlier in the year, whoch is metro accessible. The waitresses there were kind of cute. :blink:

Looks like I'm stuck watching the Super Bowl alone so I'd like to find someplace rowdy with good wings and beer (and even some good looking men)  :doh:

Thanks.

593936[/snapback]

Rent a car! You can't travel that far and be so close to two WEGMANS without stocking up! :blink:

And the part where she said "It will need to be close to downtown because I'm not renting a car" sort of clued me in that maybe I shouldn't bother mentioning anything outside the friggin' Beltway.  :blink:

594193[/snapback]

And what part of "need a car" don't you understand?

Also, why don't you be helpful, and state the name of the place we went to in Arlington instead of being a dick?

And what part of "need a car" don't you understand? 

Also, why don't you be helpful, and state the name of the place we went to in Arlington instead of being a dick?

594197[/snapback]

I don't understand why you'd offer up somewhere for which she'd need a car, when she's already said she doesn't have one.

"I need to go somewhere, but I don't have a car."

"Well, you could go here...but you need a car"

"Gee, thanks. That was helpful."

:blink:

Wow! I'm flattered! Been a few years since I had two guys spatting over me.

:blink:

I'm here on the company so I can catch a cab. Just didn't want anything way out in the suburbs and have to explain a long cab ride to the acctg dept.

It's gray and raining here.

I've got a "fix up" date who is taking me to the Wizards game tonight. Good seats too. That should be cool.

Does anyone on this board work in the City?

There is always Grievies, need a car though.  Or that place we went earlier in the year, whoch is metro accessible.  The waitresses there were kind of cute.  :blink:

594190[/snapback]

The Dunn Loring Metro station isn't terribly far from Greavey's. Were you going to McFadden's earlier in the year?

Bailey's in Balston is a Steelers bar. They cook wings in an assortment of fashions that are good.

Looks like I'm stuck watching the Super Bowl alone so I'd like to find someplace rowdy with good wings and beer (and even some good looking men)  :blink:

Thanks.

593936[/snapback]

See if this link helps you

DC Area Bars

Try the Dubliner, kitty corner from the train station. Great hangout for ex Buffalonians of the Irish variety, great Irish music, lots of legal and news folk. I've been going there for over twenty years and never fail to find some hospitable ex Buffalonians. Irish food, Irish music and lots of craic.