IF NORWOOD MAKES THAT KICK ....

think about it. if norwood converts from 47, bills win by 2. the difference turns out to be the safety bruce smith got on giants QB. and it was OJ Anderson who totally whiffed on the block of smith.

just goes to show what a difference a few feet make in telling the tale and assigning hero or goat labels.

think about it. if norwood converts from 47, bills win by 2.  the difference turns out to be the safety bruce smith got on giants QB.  and it was OJ Anderson who totally whiffed on the block of smith. 

just goes to show what a difference a few feet make in telling the tale and assigning hero or goat labels.

592202[/snapback]

Grammar is your friend.

By the way, wasn't it Otis Anderson?

If I recall correctly, Bruce's "sack" was a matter of being in the right place at the right time, as Hostetler tripped over one of his linemen's feet and fell down in the endzone. Even on the one good play that I can recall that Bruce made during those miserable Super Bowls, he failed to get the strip, when Hostetler's arm was exposed with the ball.

If I recall correctly, Bruce's "sack" was a matter of being in the right place at the right time, as Hostetler tripped over one of his linemen's feet and fell down in the endzone. Even on the one good play that I can recall that Bruce made during those miserable Super Bowls, he failed to get the strip, when Hostetler's arm was exposed with the ball.

592619[/snapback]

you're right and you actually helped make my point. OJ Anderson both tripped Hostetler and and whiffed on blocking smitty because he had lined up too much inline with the center. he was out of position from the start

you're right and you actually helped make my point. OJ Anderson both tripped Hostetler and and whiffed on blocking smitty because he had lined up too much inline with the center.  he was out of position from the start

592646[/snapback]

Then shouldn't your topic read.

IF BRUCE SMITH MAKES THAT SAFETY......

OJ ANDERSON IS GOAT NOT MVP.....

ummmm, smith did make that safety. thats the point: if norwood makes the FG bills win by 2, which means smith safety was margin of victory.

592793[/snapback]

:huh::);)

Yep I butchered that pretty good. The worse part is, what I meant to type didn't make any more sense than that did now that I think about it. Something to the effect of Had Bruce not been out of position......... you get the point.

What??? No mention of Stephen Baker the Touchdown Maker running through the entire Bills D to get a first down??

592661[/snapback]

I think you mean Mark Ingram. To my mind THAT'S the play that lost the game. I'm STILL pissed how may tackles the Bills missed on that play.

I think you mean Mark Ingram.  To my mind THAT'S the play that lost the game.  I'm STILL pissed how may tackles the Bills missed on that play.

592876[/snapback]

Yep, Baker scored the touchdown after that play and the Bills went into the locker room leading 12-10 without the momentum instead of 12-3 with it.

Why do I do this to myself?