Here's how I mock it barring trades:

1.) Houston - Reggie Bush, RB USC

2.) New Orleans - Matt Leinart, QB USC

3.) Tennessee - Vince Young, QB Texas

4.) New York - D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT Virginia

5.) Green Bay - A.J. Hawk, LB Ohio State

6.) Oakland - Mario Williams, DE N.C. State

7.) San Francisco - DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis

Honestly, that's the most realistic 1-7 you can get. So who will Buffalo pick? Who's left? Well here's a list of players. We should look forward to seeing one in Buffalo blue next season:

Haloti Ngata, DT Oregon - 75% of the mocks you read will have us picking him. And why not? He's far and away the #1 DT in the draft. "The Tongan Terror" is a huge, athletic run stuffer that would be an immediate impact player.

Vernon Davis, TE Maryland - This would be a little bit of a shocker, but he's every bit worth it. Consistently listed as the #1 TE in the draft (which is saying a LOT because this is a DEEP TE class), Davis is an explosive playmaker. Many compare him to Antonio Gates and he is the best TE since Kellen Winslow.

Michael Huff, S/CB Texas - "Huff Daddy" was this year's Jim Thorpe winner for the nation's top DB. He has all the skill in the world and is described as a "ball hawk". He was the heart of that terrifying national championship defense and you can put him wherever in the secondary.

Tamba Hali, DE Penn State - There was a time when Mathias Kiwinuka was considered the best DE in the draft. Those days are long gone! Especially after a terrible regression this past season and an emberassing Senior Bowl. These days it's all about Mario Williams and Tamba Hali. Super Mario is the pinnacle, but Hali is a beast as well. He'll make an immediate impact. A pass rush for once would be nice.

Jimmy Williams, CB Virginia Tech - Without a doubt, Williams is the #1 pure CB in the draft. Antonio Cromartie may have been able to give him a run for his money, but then he got injured. Jimmy is quick, explosive, and a DeAngelo Hall clone. The only problem is he has some of those "character issues".

Winston Justice, OT USC - He played RT at USC. But playing with left-handed Leinart, RT = LT. He's a big, stud OT who seems to get better as time goes by. He may be a bit of a reach at 8, but if we decide that we have to pick OL with our 1st pick and we can't trade down; he's the guy.

Those are the obvious choices. But sometimes (or in TD's case; a lot of times) things don't work out like we think they will. Sometimes there are circumstances that are kept quiet at OBD. Now for the SHOCKERS:

Jay Cutler, QB Vanderbilt - He'll go in the 1st round, most likely to Detroit after we make our selection. He's easily the #3 QB in the draft and many argue he'd be #1 if he didn't play at Vandy. If the "Golden Boys" have decided Losman's fate in a negative way; this is a very real possibility.

Santonio Holmes, WR Ohio State - The #1 WR in the 2006 class. He's not Braylon Edwards or Larry Fitzgerald, but he's still the guy you want if you're drafting a WR this year. Right now picking him at 8 would be a little bit of a reach. But I predict he'll have a monster combine. Combine (bad pun) that with his Fiesta Bowl performance and his stock will rise tremendously. He's not as small as everyone makes him sound and he could easily put on a little muscle mass.

Lendale White, RB USC - At the Rose Bowl, everyone might have been anticipating what Reggie Bush would do. But it was all about Lendale. He is constantly in Reggie's shadow, but he shouldn't be. He's a beastly power runner who OBVIOUSLY wouldn't have a problem sharing the field with Willis. If Marv is questioning Willis' play and character, Lendale White might be too good to pass on as a weapon and insurance.

It's definitely possible that the Brick, Super Mario, or others could fall. But it's unrealistic to expect it. This is the definitive list of options for us. I wouldn't be upset with any one of them.

my only argument about your first 7 picks is this, Turner is the new OC in SF, hence if they go back they'll go with White, because he is more of a power back, who could carry it 30+ times a game, while I know Williams did it in college, he also suffered injuries and played in CUSA-not quite in USC league.

It will not shock me if Tenn picks Cutler or Green bay picks Ngata, remember Jackson is a free agent and they lost Hunt last year, they are weak up the middle.

while they have depth at LB, well somewhat, no one to Hawks abilities though.

one possible trade down that could get a 2nd rounder without moving us much, is if the Cards show interest in getting Cutler, or if they trade their first for Culpepper and the Vikes want to draft Cutler (this scenario is more possible) they just have to leap frog Detroit to ensure it, but the jump if there is competition would be worth a 2nd rounder and another later round pick. all there has to be is a market for Cutler, as I see it, the Ravens may have some interest, the cards, and Detroit which of course would be the best for us. If Williams, and Ngata are off the board then I would test the waters here, if they are both there and Detroit want to ensure the pick of cutler, then hell yeah I'd do it. and maybe get a 3rd or 4th rounder for a little move. which would also save us a little cap room.

my only argument about your first 7 picks is this, Turner is the new OC in SF, hence if they go back they'll go with White, because he is more of a power back, who could carry it 30+ times a game, while I know Williams did it in college, he also suffered injuries and played in CUSA-not quite in USC league.

591667[/snapback]

I think White is going to make a bigger impact than Bush. For one, he is likely going to go to a team with less problems, and I think his style is just a little more punishing. Give this guy a lane and he's going to kill you. Another guy I hope doesn't get drafted in-division (likely he won't as it would be tough to see him dropping to the Pats, Miami is already stocked and the Jets draft too early).

Winston Justice, OT USC - He played RT at USC. But playing with left-handed Leinart, RT = LT. He's a big, stud OT who seems to get better as time goes by. He may be a bit of a reach at 8, but if we decide that we have to pick OL with our 1st pick and we can't trade down; he's the guy. 

591642[/snapback]

And Mike Williams "only played RT at Texas because Chris Simms is a lefty".

Jimmy Williams, CB Virginia Tech - Without a doubt, Williams is the #1 pure CB in the draft. Antonio Cromartie may have been able to give him a run for his money, but then he got injured. Jimmy is quick, explosive, and a DeAngelo Hall clone. The only problem is he has some of those "character issues".

591642[/snapback]

i dont think thats true at all, pure corner? many list him as being a safety in the NFL, he played a lot of zone in college. And DeAngelo Hall clone he is not, hes 6'3'' over 200 lbs, thats why he might be a safety. Anyways i like him im just not sure marv would pick him with his "character issues."

I like Ngata, but i just dont see him getting to us, there are too many teams ahead of us that need at DT (Green Bay, San Fran, Raiders, just to name a few).

MICHAEL HUFF BABY!!!!!!!! (my Dick Vitale impersonation)

Vernon Davis, TE Maryland - This would be a little bit of a shocker, but he's every bit worth it. Consistently listed as the #1 TE in the draft (which is saying a LOT because this is a DEEP TE class), Davis is an explosive playmaker. Many compare him to Antonio Gates and he is the best TE since Kellen Winslow.

591642[/snapback]

That is a reach.....The best TE among the recent crop of TEs has been

Heath Miller...Have you seen him play...He makes play after play....He has

been the go to guy for Ben Rothelisberger this season......the guy who has

put Big Ben in the comfort zone.....

i think culter goes in the top 7, bumping a player or two down to us........

not many people are mocking the jets to take a QB, but i think after all the pennington nonsense they are seriously considering taking one early......as well, oakland is in dire need a young QB to build around........

i think culter goes in the top 7, bumping a player or two down to us........

not many people are mocking the jets to take a QB, but i think after all the pennington nonsense they are seriously considering taking one early......as well, oakland is in dire need a young QB to build around........

592063[/snapback]

cutler is terrible, he's extremely raw and underdevolped, way too high, top 10 for this guy? come on

That is a reach.....The best TE among the recent crop of TEs has been

Heath Miller...Have you seen him play...He makes play after play....He has

been the go to guy for Ben Rothelisberger this season......the guy who has

put Big Ben in the comfort zone.....

592054[/snapback]

No way!

Heath Miller was barely picked in the 1st round. He had a good college career that has translated VERY well into the NFL. But he wasn't half the prospect Davis is coming out of college.

No way!

Heath Miller was barely picked in the 1st round. He had a good college career that has translated VERY well into the NFL. But he wasn't half the prospect Davis is coming out of college.

592181[/snapback]

I was comparing Heath Miller to the guys who were picked in the recent past,

not with Davis....I know nothing about Davis....

playing RT in college does not equate to playing LT in the NFL.

even if he moves well for his size :D

591671[/snapback]

I'm not saying it does.

All i'm saying is that if Leinart threw righty, Justice would have been their LT. While most teams put their top OL at LT to protect their QB's blindside, Leinart's blindside was coming from the RT spot.

I'm not saying it does.

All i'm saying is that if Leinart threw righty, Justice would have been their LT. While most teams put their top OL at LT to protect their QB's blindside, Leinart's blindside was coming from the RT spot.

592258[/snapback]

yeah- just like Fat Mike

he played RT at USC because he wasn't good enough to play LT.

The top linemen play the left side because most of the premiere pass rushers come from that side. Teams tend to run to their right where the larger less mobile players can excel at run blocking.

Contracry to the crap dispensed by the media, talent determines where the tackles play, not from which side the QB throws.

yeah- just like Fat Mike

he played RT at USC because he wasn't good enough to play LT.

The top linemen play the left side because most of the premiere pass rushers come from that side. Teams tend to run to their right where the larger less mobile players can excel at run blocking.

Contracry to the crap dispensed by the media, talent determines where the tackles play, not from which side the QB throws.

592453[/snapback]

Honestly, Winston Justice isn't my first choice. I don't like the idea of Buffalo taking him and i'd be upset if they did. The only reason I listed him is because he's the #2 OT in the draft on most boards. If Buffalo decided they MUST take an OT with their 1st pick and they can't trade down, he'd be the guy.

Honestly, Winston Justice isn't my first choice. I don't like the idea of Buffalo taking him and i'd be upset if they did. The only reason I listed him is because he's the #2 OT in the draft on most boards. If Buffalo decided they MUST take an OT with their 1st pick and they can't trade down, he'd be the guy.

592495[/snapback]

Why? If we have a need for a Left OT why would we take a Right OT? Understand they are two different positions! Case in point if we needed a half back would you take a full back? No, because they are different positions even though both fall under the overall category of running back.

Why? If we have a need for a Left OT why would we take a Right OT? Understand they are two different positions! Case in point if we needed a half back would you take a full back? No, because they are different positions even though both fall under the overall category of running back.

592511[/snapback]

I might respect you're argument if you didn't have us taking Eric Winston at 8 :huh:

I might respect you're argument if you didn't have us taking Eric Winston at 8  :huh:

592721[/snapback]

Laugh all you want but Winston by most reports is the 2nd best Left OT in the draft and considering the need we have and likely will need long time he's my choice. As stated I feel it's likely to change the closer we get to the draft.

Jokeman, I have to respect your order of selection in your sig line: OT, DT, CB (after that it's a crepeshoot).

We need the O-Line to improve drastically; that's a given. But wouldn't you rather get a proven OT via free agency--especially after recently being stung by your #4 pick MW--and draft positions where a rookie might help from Game 1, like DT/DE, and even TE?