Our top options for the 2006 NFL Draft

Jokeman, I have to respect your order of selection in your sig line: OT, DT, CB (after that it's a crepeshoot).

We need the O-Line to improve drastically; that's a given. But wouldn't you rather get a proven OT via free agency--especially after recently being stung by your #4 pick MW--and draft positions where a rookie might help from Game 1, like DT/DE, and even TE?

592863[/snapback]

The problem is finding an OT in free agency. Jeff Backus would be a nice fit but at what price? If available I think Petigout is definately worth looking at and would even go after Mike Pearson too yet for the most part their question marks. I also don't think we got stung by Mike Williams as in retrospect don't believe TD and company had any thoughts of him being a Left OT. I've stated throughout many of my offseasons plans that we should take the best lineman with our top pick. I know Ngata's the fashionable choice but have a feeling he might be taken by Green Bay. I've also said that really like Kiwi (and Mario Williams) and would take either before Winston. Infact after the Senior Bowl my feelings toward Winston have lessoned and depending on free agency (and the combine) might join in the masses in wanting Ngata but feel that Watson as a 2nd Round pick could easily make an impact we're looking for. In terms of TE, it's a luxery, would definately like one but think we need to shore up the lines before even think of adding one.

cutler is terrible, he's extremely raw and underdevolped, way too high, top 10 for this guy? come on

592071[/snapback]

Well...Considering there is a List a mile Long of QB's who did not belong in the Top 10 of their Draft, but got Drafted in the Top 10 anyway, I don't see any reason why a Team wont take a shot at Cutler before #11 in the 2006 Draft...

And regardless of how anyone feels about Cutler's QB skills, there were plenty of Scouts and Coaches praising him at the Sr. Bowl, and all Year long for that matter...I imagine, because he's a QB, Cutler will go higher than he should...Most QB's do... :lol:

Well...Considering there is a List a mile Long of QB's who did not belong in the Top 10 of their Draft, but got Drafted in the Top 10 anyway, I don't see any reason why a Team wont take a shot at Cutler before #11 in the 2006 Draft...

And regardless of how anyone feels about Cutler's QB skills, there were plenty of Scouts and Coaches praising him at the Sr. Bowl, and all Year long for that matter...I imagine, because he's a QB, Cutler will go higher than he should...Most QB's do... :lol:

593088[/snapback]

i would like to hear some names on this mile long list, but anyways the fact that nobody talked about cutler all year long, and they only did when reviewing the game tapes and realizing that he has all the talent in the world, leads my to believe he is only talked about now because of what a coach could potentially turn him into. It isnt as if cutler had outstanding performances and has been doing this for years, he is only a recent phenomena. With that said, i dont think that a guy of his nature (potential without a list of crudentials) will go in the top 10. I'm pretty sure he will do outstanding at the combine because of his physical prowess, and this will be the main reason he goes in the first round.

i would like to hear some names on this mile long list, but anyways the fact that nobody talked about cutler all year long, and they only did when reviewing the game tapes and realizing that he has all the talent in the world, leads my to believe he is only talked about now because of what a coach could potentially turn him into. It isnt as if cutler had outstanding performances and has been doing this for years, he is only a recent phenomena. With that said, i dont think that a guy of his nature (potential without a list of crudentials) will go in the top 10. I'm pretty sure he will do outstanding at the combine because of his physical prowess, and this will be the main reason he goes in the first round.

593093[/snapback]

Cutler didn't get a lot of publicity during the year because he did not have a hype machine at Vanderbilt.