From the Hindsight Dept.

Mickey

How many Bills fans would like to have Steve Hutchinson, All Pro guard for the Seattle Seahawks on our roster?

Turns out, we could have. Buffalo had the 14th pick in the draft that year. We traded down to the 21st pick with Tampa, also getting their second round pick which we ultimately turned in to Brandon Spoon and Travis Henry. Tampa took Kenayatta Walker OT. We took Clements with that 21st pick. In between the pick we had at 14 and the pick we ended up with at 21, Seattle selected Steve Hutchinson G, Michigan at 17. I would also point out that G Matt Light was picked by the Patriots that year only two selections after we took Schobel but that would be piling on.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. 0:)

How many Bills fans would like to have Steve Hutchinson, All Pro guard for the Seattle Seahawks on our roster?

Turns out, we could have.  Buffalo had the 14th pick in the draft that year.  We traded down to the 21st pick with Tampa, also getting their second round pick which we ultimately turned in to Brandon Spoon and Travis Henry.  Tampa took Kenayatta Walker OT.  We took Clements with that 21st pick.  In between the pick we had at 14 and the pick we ended up with at 21, Seattle selected Steve Hutchinson G, Michigan at 17.  I would also point out that G Matt Light was picked by the Patriots that year only two selections after we took Schobel but that would be piling on.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. 0:)

590916[/snapback]

At least we got Clements. In 2000, we passed on Marvel Smith to grab Erik Flowers.

At least we got Clements. In 2000, we passed on Marvel Smith to grab Erik Flowers.

590927[/snapback]

After years of expensive therapy, I had managed to block that memory out and was finally learning to again enjoy life. Until now.

Maybe we should just use "Patulski" as a shorthand reference to cover any post about really, really, really bad draft picks.