Eric Moulds

Mikie2times

Is this Tom Donahoe posting here????

Learn your lesson from the current Superbowl team Pittsburgh Steelers. Last year they allowed WR Plexico Burress to walk and took those savings and signed talented FA Guard Jeff Hartings. Thats how you win in this league. We have Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish - can you name the 2nd WR on Pittsburgh now..or carolinas or seattles or denvers??? Let WR Moulds walk

590701[/snapback]

I think your facts are messed up:

1) Because Plaxico was a free agent, the Steeelers didn't absorb a cap hit by releasing a player before the expiration of his contract;

2) Hartings was signed in 2002 by the Steelers, well before Plaxico left. So the Steelers didn't make a decision to let Plaxico go in an effort to sign Hartings.

I think KzooMike's point is that it makes financial sense to keep Moulds--we'll have to eat a lot of dead money if he cut him AND spend at least some money to sign a replacement. My guess is that the dead money + replacement = a WR who will be worse than Moulds. Why not keep Moulds instead?

read MY post.

restructuring simply pushes the cap money into future years.

He needs to take a major pay CUT.

590807[/snapback]

Ok there are two ways we can go with this.

1. If we are looking to improve the Overall team and not jsut for this year but years to come. Cutting Moulds saves 5 mil this year and an additional 5 mil next year. Renegoting his contract is only going to push up the cap hit when he is eventaully cut. Not to mention do you really think moulds is woth 10 mil a year. At best i would give him 3mil. I will not argue the point that moulds is the BEST reciever on our BILLS team. I just don think hes worth that much and I would like the overall team to improve. David patten and rande el are 2 off the top of my head available for free agency.

2. If we are going to stick with JP Then moulds definately needs to be released because he is the biggest factor of veterans not wanting him on offense. JP has built a nice repor with Lee evans and the sport casters are stating simualrities between Evans and Steve Smith. I believe they will be fine with a rebuilt line another pass catching TE adn a true threat at the back up running back position. Freeing moulds builds an offense with the money saved.

Very insightful use of statistics. Perhaps that could be related to Buffalo ranking 28th in yards per completion, or a rookie QB, or Kelly Holcomb’s arm strength. Somehow the solution to all this according to your logic is getting rid of the guy that accounted for 30% of your passing offense and dozens of plays in which his double coverage allowed other receivers to get open. Makes sense.

590766[/snapback]

if we're going to get into the comparison game, a guy who is pretty comparable to moulds in terms of both his game and his productivity is rod smith. he's 35, and still excellent. you can bet the broncos were glad they had him this past season.

Ok there are two ways we can go with this.

1. If we are looking to improve the Overall team and not jsut for this year but years to come. Cutting Moulds saves 5 mil this year and an additional 5 mil next year. Renegoting his contract is only going to push up the cap hit when he is eventaully cut. Not to mention do you really think moulds is woth 10 mil a year. At best i would give him 3mil. I will not argue the point that moulds is the BEST reciever on our BILLS team. I just don think hes worth that much and I would like the overall team to improve. David patten and rande el are 2 off the top of my head available for free agency.

2. If we are going to stick with JP Then moulds definately needs to be released because he is the biggest factor of veterans not wanting him on offense. JP has built a nice repor with Lee evans and the sport casters are stating simualrities between Evans and Steve Smith.  I believe they will be fine with a rebuilt line another pass catching TE adn a true threat at the back up running back position. Freeing moulds builds an offense with the money saved.

590835[/snapback]

Even at his age he caught over 80 balls for the second consecutive year, and has still flourished as the primary target. He made up 30% of our passing offense last season, with Lee making up 15%. As for your Steve Smith comparison Smith was elevated to a number one, but only after he posted an 88 catch season, for over 1100 yards. Lee hasn't had a year of that kind of production because Eric Moulds was having it, both his rookie year and this year.

What a joke, Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish Vs HINES WARD, Randell El, Heath Miller

590738[/snapback]

At the beginning of the season, the Steelers had a big question mark at WR...

Everyone here in Steeler Land were calling for cutting Randall El....He couldn't

run a route properly (rings a bell ?)......Heath Miller was a unknown being a

rookie TE.....The only proven receiver was Hines Ward.....Everyone decried

the signing of Cedric Wilsosn from SF....Comparing Plaxico to Wilson was like

comparing prince to a pauper....

Once the line was solid and was comfortable playing, they gave Ben the time

to throw the ball...he started spreading the ball around (a la Brady)....and both

Wilson and Randall El and Miller have been included in the game plan.....

Bottom line is you need a top line in the 1st place to build your team....

Superstart WRs come next.....

You are only as good as your Line is...

if we're going to get into the comparison game, a guy who is pretty comparable to moulds in terms of both his game and his productivity is rod smith. he's 35, and still excellent.  you can bet the broncos were glad they had him this past season.

590837[/snapback]

Exactly. We know the guy is doubled constantly, he was even suspended because he complained about it. Do people really believe Lee Evans would have put up that first quarter if Eric Moulds wasn't such a Dolphin killer in the past? Move past the suspension, because he is a team guy, he just needs a winning team for once. Let him remain the tactician and Lee the deep threat until another option becomes available.

Everyone here in Steeler Land were calling for cutting Randall El....He couldn't

to throw the ball...he started spreading the ball around (a la Brady)....and both

590858[/snapback]

So if we had the money to do both, or put a little extra into the line and cut Moulds which would you rather do?

Edit: Randell Ell amassed over 600 yards receiving in 04, Wilson also amassed over 600 yards that year. That wen't along with a proven #1 in Ward, and you would think Miller would be semi viable being a first round TE. They also have a solid QB that is nearing pro bowl status. We will have nowhere near that type of production coming back next year, with or without Moulds.

Exactly. We know the guy is doubled constantly, he was even suspended because he complained about it.  Do people really believe Lee Evans would have put up that first quarter if Eric Moulds wasn't such a Dolphin killer in the past? Move past the suspension, because he is a team guy, he just needs a winning team for once. Let him remain the tactician and Lee the deep threat until another option becomes available.

590875[/snapback]

I would love Moulds to be our starting WR....but he needs to be just that...He

cannot go around deciding who the QB of the team should be.....And he does

need to take a pay cut to help this team build a stronger OL....

He made 5.5 in 2005, how much more do you think Moulds would want? I think he just wants to win.

590819[/snapback]

If he just wants to win, he's going to the Colts. Reg Wayne is a FA who will leave the Colts. Marv Harrison and EM are close friends. EM signs a cap friendly contract and enjoys 16 games of catching Peyton Manning throws. 2006 SB favorite!

Why would he stick out the last few years of his career here? We're not going any where towards the playoffs

590858[/snapback]

AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if we're going to get into the comparison game, a guy who is pretty comparable to moulds in terms of both his game and his productivity is rod smith. he's 35, and still excellent.  you can bet the broncos were glad they had him this past season.

590837[/snapback]

Rod Smith was a much more reliable WR than Moulds in 2005.

and his salary cap hit is probably fraction of the $10 mil that Moulds costs.

If there aren;t enough linemen to use up the savings, then spend the money on Reggie Wayne

Rod Smith was a much more reliable WR than Moulds in 2005.

and his salary cap hit is probably fraction of the $10 mil that Moulds costs.

If there aren;t enough linemen to use up the savings, then spend the money on Reggie Wayne

591168[/snapback]

1st Down: Losman hands off to McGahee, 3 yard gain

2nd Down: Losman incomplete to Parish

3rd: Losman to Terrel Owens 47 yard Touchdown!!!!!

That's what I'm talking about!!!