24 Interceptions for Fewell's Defense

ChasBB

I don't know anything about this guy, but I sure do like that statistic for this past season's Bears' secondary.

590219[/snapback]

INTs are pretty easy to come by when your D can get consistent pressure while rushing only four guys most of the time.

The Bears do have a great front four but they utilized the blitz a lot this season.

They sure didn't in the games that I saw.

MDH is right, having Alex brown, Tommie Harris, Ogunleye and Tank Johnson up front was the primary reason teh Bears defense was so good last year. They'd occasionally bring Urlacher up the pipe when I saw them but the majority of the time they were able to succesfully rely on just their outstanding Front4 and as a result were able to create a lot of turnovers.

They sure didn't in the games that I saw.

MDH is right, having Alex brown, Tommie Harris, Ogunleye and Tank Johnson up front was the primary reason teh Bears defense was so good last year. They'd occasionally bring Urlacher up the pipe when I saw them but the majority of the time they were able to succesfully rely on just their outstanding Front4 and as a result were able to create a lot of turnovers.

590256[/snapback]

For what it's worth Mathias Kiwanuka has been compared to Ogunleye and we do need some help at Left DE. I know we lack a Tommie Harris but that could be addressed with an UFA. Just imagine a front four of Schobel Adams Pickett and Kiwanuka and sending Spikes/Fletcher.

INTs are pretty easy to come by when your D can get consistent pressure while rushing only four guys most of the time.

590221[/snapback]

The Bears had something like 3 blitzes they called all year because they rarely had to do it. They have by far the best front four in the game, especially with the way they rotated players.