For those hypeing Cutler/Young

Unless they have some grand plan where not only do these two QBs turn out to be Ben RoboQB or Dan Marino and are productive in their rookie season AND the 06 Bills turn out to be as productive as the 04 Steelers in running and stopping the run, picking either of these two QBs (gosh forbid trading away valuable resources to move up) picking either player or any QB in the first does not seem to compute.

Do you really believe either of these players (or any other QB in this draft) is going to win now as Marv says the plan is with this team (psrticularly when they forgo getting help to stop the run with the #1 pick?

Do you think Marv is lying about the win now dictum (either to fool the opposition or because he simply is full of it).

Do you really see either of these players or this team pulling off something a player of the quality of Peyton Manning came no where near to pulling off his rookie year?

The idea of drafting either Young or Cutler seems bizarre to me if you plan to win in 06 or even in 07.

When Marv talked about "win now" he hadn't had a chance to fully analyze the roster and its dearth of talent. Considering how important Jim Kelly was to all those Super Bowl appearances, Marv has to realize how critical a good QB is. If we don't have the long term answer at QB on the roster now--which may well be the case--I really think Marv has to look closely at whichever QBs are available, beginning with the very first round of the draft.

It's important to remember a new regime has no loyalty to the previous regime's players and are not subject to their expectations, meaning TD or MM care about the fact that JP was a first-round pick (they shouldn't, but that's a different story). ML and DJ will evaluate JP objectively, ignoring where he was drafted and judge him on how he looks now. So I could easily see them deciding JP does not have what it takes. And then a QB comes into play again.

FFS, hypothetically - if Marv looks at JP and sees one of TD's mistakes, would you be surprised if he goes after a QB? Of course we need other positions, too, but that doesn't mean we don't need a QB as well.

When Marv talked about "win now" he hadn't had a chance to fully analyze the roster and its dearth of talent. Considering how important Jim Kelly was to all those Super Bowl appearances, Marv has to realize how critical a good QB is. If we don't have the long term answer at QB on the roster now--which may well be the case--I really think Marv has to look closely at whichever QBs are available, beginning with the very first round of the draft.

587785[/snapback]

QBs drafted by Marv: Steve Fuller & Todd Collins..

JP has played 8 games. 8 games... Nobody can tell if a QB is a longterm answer after only 8 games.

QBs drafted by Marv: Steve Fuller & Todd Collins..

JP has played 8 games. 8 games... Nobody can tell if a QB is a longterm answer after only 8 games.

587797[/snapback]

While i agree with your JP statement, Marv didn't draft Fuller and Collins.

While i agree with your JP statement, Marv didn't draft Fuller and Collins.

587805[/snapback]

You're right about Fuller.. Marv actually wanted somebody else.. but Marv ok'd the Collins pick. Butler often disagreed with Marv and Marv got his way. Moulds is a prime example, JB wanted to draft a RB(Leeland McElroy I think was his name) but Marv chose Moulds.

I just hope that Marv remembers everything that Jim Kelly taught him about football seeing as some around here don't think he knows or ever knew anything about the game prior to being shoved into the driver's seat of the Caddy that took him to four straight SuperBowls.

Pathetic.

On another note, I wonder how Marv will field Jauron's push-back on players Marv wants that DJ doesn't want. Who will get their way at that point? It's a situation he was involved in plenty of times before - but in the HC's shoes. I hope the selections aren't unaninous. It'll be interesting to see what the disagrements are - if any.

The idea of drafting either Young or Cutler seems bizarre to me if you plan to win in 06 or even in 07.

587740[/snapback]

Throw JP's name into this mix as well. I know, I know. We don't know what we have in him yet. Exactly my point. Bring in someone more established. If winning now is the order, I don't feel JP is the answer.

It's important to remember a new regime has no loyalty to the previous regime's players and are not subject to their expectations, meaning TD or MM care about the fact that JP was a first-round pick (they shouldn't, but that's a different story).  ML and DJ will evaluate JP objectively, ignoring where he was drafted and judge him on how he looks now.  So I could easily see them deciding JP does not have what it takes.  And then a QB comes into play again.

FFS, hypothetically - if Marv looks at JP and sees one of TD's mistakes, would you be surprised if he goes after a QB?  Of course we need other positions, too, but that doesn't mean we don't need a QB as well.

587793[/snapback]

Agree completely.

If we don't upgrade the lines with that first draft pick, I'm gonna be pissed! It doesn't matter what QB you put behind the current OL, he isn't going to do a damn thing, until its fixed. We need jsut as much help on the DLine too. If we pick a QB, RB, or WR, I'm going ballistic.

Even Jim Kelly didn't do much with "the bickering bills" Remember the bickering was mostly about a poorly performing offensive line. Marv knows that more important than finding another Jim Kelly (and there is no Jim Kelly or Dan Marino or John Elway in this years draft) is building a quality offensive line. And for my money JP Losman is unfinished business and may very well be the quarterback of the future. DJ has to put him in and let him play before we will know whether we have the key to quarterback puzzle under contract.

I don't want to "wait and see" what we have in JP. Sorry JP supporters, I just don't.

I'd like to give ourselves a better chance to win with someone who you already know what you'll get. Understanding not one of the following candidates is perfect, they would give a us a better chance. That could be Culpepper, Collins or Volek. I also like Matt Schaub. Atlanta's best QB.

As a matter of fact, yes I am. Anything wrong with wanting to win sooner rather than later?

587946[/snapback]

As I have stated earlier in other postings. Marve has said the future is now!!! He is going to do everything he can to win now and not only go to the superbowl but win the superbowl. Only 3 rookie Qbs i can recall in the last 2 decades have done either of the two. First is Dan Marino he went but didnt win and never saw a another one agian, Tom Brady a 3 superbowl winner and a 6th round pick who in his firts year was a 3rd stringer before being moved up to back up in his second year. The verdict is still oit on Big BEn but he has brought them to the dance in their second year. Only Dan marino looked like a QB that could do it the other two well they are just found gems. Thus with that being said a rookie QB takes 3-4 years typically to be ready mentally for a playoffgame as well as the Big Game. So in Marv the future is now will not be drafting a QB and personally I dont think he cares to draft any in this draft. He has two going to europe and will be looking for a veteran to challenge Holcomb for the starter and who ever loses out on the a starting QB will be alternating with JP between back up and 3rd string.

As I have stated earlier in other postings. Marve has said the future is now!!! He is going to do everything he can to win now and not only go to the superbowl but win the superbowl. Only 3 rookie Qbs i can recall in the last 2 decades have done either of the two. First is Dan Marino he went but didnt win and never saw a another one agian, Tom Brady a 3 superbowl winner and a 6th round pick who in his firts year was a 3rd stringer before being moved up to back up in his second year.  The verdict is still oit on Big BEn but he has brought them to the dance in their second year. Only Dan marino looked like a QB that could do it the other two well they are just found gems. Thus with that being said a rookie QB takes 3-4 years typically to be ready mentally for a playoffgame as well as the Big Game. So in Marv the future is now will not be drafting a QB and personally I dont think he cares to draft any in this draft. He has two going to europe and will be looking for a veteran to challenge Holcomb for the starter and who ever loses out on the a starting QB will be alternating with JP between back up and 3rd string.

587954[/snapback]

What if Cutler is as good as Roethlisberger?

he (Culpepper) will be heavily pursured by the Raiders who have a worse QB situation then the Bills.

587889[/snapback]

A Culpepper - Randy Moss reunion? That could be amusing...