Bills News per KFFL.

Bills | Vincent will have decision to make on Adams (what type of title is that?)

Sun, 29 Jan 2006 09:01:21 -0800

Leo Roth, of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, reports the Buffalo Bills will have a decision to make on FS Troy Vincent this upcoming offseason. He is testing the performance vs. return for the money question

Bills | Team will have decision to make on Milloy

Sun, 29 Jan 2006 09:01:01 -0800

Leo Roth, of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, reports the Buffalo Bills will have a decision to make on SS Lawyer Milloy this upcoming offseason. He is testing the performance vs. return for the money question.

Bills | Team will have decision to make on Fletcher

Sun, 29 Jan 2006 09:00:47 -0800

Leo Roth, of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, reports the Buffalo Bills will have a decision to make on LB London Fletcher this upcoming offseason. He is testing the performance vs. return for the money question.

Bills | Team will have decision to make on Posey

Sun, 29 Jan 2006 09:00:32 -0800

Leo Roth, of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, reports the Buffalo Bills will have a decision to make on LB Jeff Posey this upcoming offseason. He is testing the performance vs. return for the money question.

Bills | Team will have decision to make on Adams

Sun, 29 Jan 2006 09:00:16 -0800

Leo Roth, of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, reports the Buffalo Bills will have a decision to make on DL Sam Adams this upcoming offseason. He is testing the performance vs. return for the money question.

Bills | Team will have decision to make on McGahee

Sun, 29 Jan 2006 08:59:53 -0800

Leo Roth, of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, reports the Buffalo Bills will have a decision to make on RB Willis McGahee this upcoming offseason. McGahee is expected to seek a new deal that will pay him a lot more than his previous contract which was more incentive-laden.

Bills | Team will have decision to make on M. Williams

Sun, 29 Jan 2006 08:59:19 -0800

Leo Roth, of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, reports the Buffalo Bills will have a decision to make on OT Mike D. Williams this upcoming offseason. Williams will carry a salary cap number close to $10.8 million for the 2006 season, a price the Bills might not want to pay.

Bills | Team will have decision to make on Moulds

Sun, 29 Jan 2006 08:58:59 -0800

Leo Roth, of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, reports the Buffalo Bills will have a decision to make on WR Eric Moulds this upcoming offseason. Moulds will carry a salary cap number close to $10.8 million for the 2006 season, a price the Bills might not want to pay.

Bills | Team will have decision to make on Clements

Sun, 29 Jan 2006 08:58:19 -0800

Leo Roth, of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, reports the Buffalo Bills will have a decision to make on CB Nate Clements this upcoming offseason. Clements is eligible for unrestricted free agency after the 2005 season and is looking to become one of the highest paid players at his position.

JOIN MY GM MOCK DRAFT!

Alright, I'm gonna weigh in on this one...

First and foremost recall that most of these guys are in the last year of their contracts and will be gone next year anyhow. Furthermore we should have a decent amount of cap room so we can avoid throwing our players in a mass-grave of free agency.

Vincent....Keep him unless we get some type of stud via other means or Rashad Baker is the real deal. Vincent is a key veteran and a smart player who leads by example.

Milloy...Same deal, last year of his contract, no viable replacement lined up. Still a key player in our D, a fantastic blitzer and good run-stopper. Remember how sh------- the D is without him.

Fletcher....Again, we're not in any type of cap hell, he's a solid player who plays hard but is in no way a prototype. Gets emotional and makes some bonehead plays but the tenacity outweighs it. Fletcher will also benefit from the return of Takeo.

Posey...I'm sick of hearing "within our scheme" bullcrap in relation to Posey. A physical specimen with limited athleticism, limited tenacity, limited effectiveness. He has to go, UNLESS we switch to a 3-4, but I don't think thats altogether that likely.

Adams...Keep him, big D lineman are far too valuable. Especially ones who when properly motivated can jump the snap count like Adams. Still one of the quickest first steps for a DT in the league. I think not having Mularkey and Jerry Grey around would do a lot for him. He needs help down there though.

Moulds...10.8 million i sa lot of money. However he's the oldest Bill and despite the way the end of last year went, I think we try to keep him around. He definately showed at the end of the eyar that he can still play at a pretty high level. Rarely will you encounter a reciever who is as dedicated to his craft and is as much a specimen as moulds is.

Mike Williams ... him or moulds likely going to have to go. If i have my choice I keep moulds because you knojw he can produce. WE still have no idea what we've got in MW, is it in the 2004 MW or the 2005 version? We just don't have any clue. If he doesnt take some type of dramatic paycut he's gone.

McGahee...Toughest decision of the all of them... If marv can keep him happyu uin buffalo, then we sign him. It just seemed that once our record got really bad that he was playing not to get hurt, which with most players would bother me but I get it with Willis. Something tells me that if we were contending(or had any type of blocking) that Willis would've sprung 1500+ on us last year.

Clements....Franchise him and work from there. Premium corners are worth too much in this league. Let alone a top 10 talent with every raw tool you can imagine and a nose for the ball.

Bills | Vincent will have decision to make on Adams (what type of title is that?)

Sun, 29 Jan 2006 09:01:21 -0800

Leo Roth, of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, reports the Buffalo Bills will have a decision to make on FS Troy Vincent this upcoming offseason. He is testing the performance vs. return for the money question

Bills | Team will have decision to make on Milloy

Sun, 29 Jan 2006 09:01:01 -0800

Leo Roth, of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, reports the Buffalo Bills will have a decision to make on SS Lawyer Milloy this upcoming offseason. He is testing the performance vs. return for the money question.

Bills | Team will have decision to make on Fletcher

Sun, 29 Jan 2006 09:00:47 -0800

Leo Roth, of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, reports the Buffalo Bills will have a decision to make on LB London Fletcher this upcoming offseason. He is testing the performance vs. return for the money question.

Bills | Team will have decision to make on Posey

Sun, 29 Jan 2006 09:00:32 -0800

Leo Roth, of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, reports the Buffalo Bills will have a decision to make on LB Jeff Posey this upcoming offseason. He is testing the performance vs. return for the money question.

Bills | Team will have decision to make on Adams

Sun, 29 Jan 2006 09:00:16 -0800

Leo Roth, of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, reports the Buffalo Bills will have a decision to make on DL Sam Adams this upcoming offseason. He is testing the performance vs. return for the money question.

Bills | Team will have decision to make on McGahee

Sun, 29 Jan 2006 08:59:53 -0800

Leo Roth, of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, reports the Buffalo Bills will have a decision to make on RB Willis McGahee this upcoming offseason. McGahee is expected to seek a new deal that will pay him a lot more than his previous contract which was more incentive-laden.

Bills | Team will have decision to make on M. Williams

Sun, 29 Jan 2006 08:59:19 -0800

Leo Roth, of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, reports the Buffalo Bills will have a decision to make on OT Mike D. Williams this upcoming offseason. Williams will carry a salary cap number close to $10.8 million for the 2006 season, a price the Bills might not want to pay.

Bills | Team will have decision to make on Moulds

Sun, 29 Jan 2006 08:58:59 -0800

Leo Roth, of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, reports the Buffalo Bills will have a decision to make on WR Eric Moulds this upcoming offseason. Moulds will carry a salary cap number close to $10.8 million for the 2006 season, a price the Bills might not want to pay.

Bills | Team will have decision to make on Clements

Sun, 29 Jan 2006 08:58:19 -0800

Leo Roth, of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, reports the Buffalo Bills will have a decision to make on CB Nate Clements this upcoming offseason. Clements is eligible for unrestricted free agency after the 2005 season and is looking to become one of the highest paid players at his position.

JOIN MY GM MOCK DRAFT!

587288[/snapback]

Why not just link to the D&C article instead of KFFL?

Keep Vincent, Milloy, Adams, and Big Mike. I say we release Mike and then re-sign him ala Troy Brown or Peter Boulware for much less money.

London Fletcher shouldn't even be mentioned. He was one of the only bright spots last year.

If McGahee becomes a problem, he should be replaced. Especially if DeAngelo Williams is available.

Let Moulds go and franchise Nate. That wasn't so hard.

First and foremost recall that most of these guys are in the last year of their contracts and will be gone next year anyhow.  Furthermore we should have a decent amount of cap room so we can avoid throwing our players in a mass-grave of free agency.

Vincent....Keep him unless we get some type of stud via other means or Rashad Baker is the real deal.  Vincent is a key veteran and a smart player who leads by example.

Milloy...Same deal, last year of his contract, no viable replacement lined up.  Still a key player in our D, a fantastic blitzer and good run-stopper.  Remember how sh------- the D is without him.

Fletcher....Again, we're not in any type of cap hell, he's a solid player who plays hard but is in no way a prototype.  Gets emotional and makes some bonehead plays but the tenacity outweighs it.  Fletcher will also benefit from the return of Takeo.

Posey...I'm sick of hearing "within our scheme" bullcrap in relation to Posey.  A physical specimen with limited athleticism, limited tenacity, limited effectiveness.  He has to go, UNLESS we switch to a 3-4, but I don't think thats altogether that likely.

Adams...Keep him, big D lineman are far too valuable.  Especially ones who when properly motivated can jump the snap count like Adams.  Still one of the quickest first steps for a DT in the league.  I think not having Mularkey and Jerry Grey around would do a lot for him.  He needs help down there though.

Moulds...10.8 million i sa lot of money.  However he's the oldest Bill and despite the way the end of last year went, I think we try to keep him around.  He definately showed at the end of the eyar that he can still play at a pretty high level.  Rarely will you encounter a reciever who is as dedicated to his craft and is as much a specimen as moulds is.

Mike Williams ... him or moulds likely going to have to go.  If i have my choice I keep moulds because you knojw he can produce.  WE still have no idea what we've got in MW, is it in the 2004 MW or the 2005 version?  We just don't have any clue.  If he doesnt take some type of dramatic paycut he's gone.

McGahee...Toughest decision of the all of them... If marv can keep him happyu uin buffalo, then we sign him.  It just seemed that once our record got really bad that he was playing not to get hurt, which with most players would bother me but I get it with Willis.  Something tells me that if we were contending(or had any type of blocking) that Willis would've sprung 1500+ on us last year.

Clements....Franchise him and work from there.  Premium corners are worth too much in this league.  Let alone a top 10 talent with every raw tool you can imagine and a nose for the ball.

587358[/snapback]

agree with most of your comments except two:

1) i wouldn't extend mcgahee......his attitude blows, but beyond that i believe RB's are easy to replace and the money should go into the OL.....fix that first, get the RB later.......

2) in the last year of his deal, fletcher's cap hit is almost 5M.......it is not good salary cap management to carry him at that inflated number.......extending him would be the smartest move the bills can make, getting his cap hit down to the 2-3M range.......

First and foremost recall that most of these guys are in the last year of their contracts and will be gone next year anyhow.  Furthermore we should have a decent amount of cap room so we can avoid throwing our players in a mass-grave of free agency.

Vincent....Keep him unless we get some type of stud via other means or Rashad Baker is the real deal.  Vincent is a key veteran and a smart player who leads by example.

Milloy...Same deal, last year of his contract, no viable replacement lined up.  Still a key player in our D, a fantastic blitzer and good run-stopper.  Remember how sh------- the D is without him.

Fletcher....Again, we're not in any type of cap hell, he's a solid player who plays hard but is in no way a prototype.  Gets emotional and makes some bonehead plays but the tenacity outweighs it.  Fletcher will also benefit from the return of Takeo.

Posey...I'm sick of hearing "within our scheme" bullcrap in relation to Posey.  A physical specimen with limited athleticism, limited tenacity, limited effectiveness.  He has to go, UNLESS we switch to a 3-4, but I don't think thats altogether that likely.

Adams...Keep him, big D lineman are far too valuable.  Especially ones who when properly motivated can jump the snap count like Adams.  Still one of the quickest first steps for a DT in the league.  I think not having Mularkey and Jerry Grey around would do a lot for him.  He needs help down there though.

Moulds...10.8 million i sa lot of money.  However he's the oldest Bill and despite the way the end of last year went, I think we try to keep him around.  He definately showed at the end of the eyar that he can still play at a pretty high level.  Rarely will you encounter a reciever who is as dedicated to his craft and is as much a specimen as moulds is.

Mike Williams ... him or moulds likely going to have to go.  If i have my choice I keep moulds because you knojw he can produce.  WE still have no idea what we've got in MW, is it in the 2004 MW or the 2005 version?  We just don't have any clue.  If he doesnt take some type of dramatic paycut he's gone.

McGahee...Toughest decision of the all of them... If marv can keep him happyu uin buffalo, then we sign him.  It just seemed that once our record got really bad that he was playing not to get hurt, which with most players would bother me but I get it with Willis.  Something tells me that if we were contending(or had any type of blocking) that Willis would've sprung 1500+ on us last year.

Clements....Franchise him and work from there.  Premium corners are worth too much in this league.  Let alone a top 10 talent with every raw tool you can imagine and a nose for the ball.

587358[/snapback]

I agree with all of it- Brilliant!

Vincent, Milloy, Fletcher and Adams are all no brainers in my opinion. Vincent is a class act and having him around only helps the image of the Bills. Milloy and Adams are savvy veterans that can produce if our scheme is set to our strengths. How in the world people mention Fletcher as a cap casualty I have no idea. One of the most productive Middle linebackers in the league and grossly undervalued by the league. I love him on my team.

Posey is Posey. He doesn't really hurt you but doesn't make you great either. I'm fine with whatever decision the team makes.

The two toughest decision are Mike Williams and Eric Moulds.

Mike is right up there with Erika Flowers as the best draft picks I've seen the Bills ever make. I don't know if it's because he doesn't have the ability or if he's just not motivated. If the price tag is 10+ forget about it. I did recently read a quote that suggested he would take a paycut whether he was playing guard or tackle. For the right place let's see what he can do at guard. If not, k bu bye.

As for E Moulds he still has mad game. The real issue whether or not he's interested in taking another paycut to stay on a team that probabily won't make the playoffs again. I'd love to have him at a reduced salary but I don't think it will happen.

McGahee will have to play his way to a new contract. I seriously question his heart and his intelligence. I don't know what's worse, listening to him sound like a fool or Ralph babble. Have a productive 2006 and bring it to the bargaining table in 2007.

I think with Nate, you franchise him and look for a trade ala Peerlice Price. There will be takers that is for sure but if the pricetag isn't what we are looking for we have a shut down corner for another year.

Git R Done Marv.

The Real

guys no way do you keep MILLOY and Vincent if we are a rebuilding team lets rebuild this year we are going to have to rebuild next year anyways. Both players are old and slow and we need to start young guys and develop them big time. Moulds is gone also we keep ADAMS and draft NAGATA.

587358[/snapback]

Ok, let me weigh in on this...

Nothing is sweeter than seeing Big Sam shoot the gap in perfect harmony with the snap! The QB hands the ball to the running back who is like "OH STEVESTOJAN!" as he gets plowed under by 350 lbs. of Sam Adams, the second he takes the hand off. THOSE are the plays that make differences in the game, and it's been a long long time since we've had a d-lineman with that capability.

I see Fletcher staying, but I also see us targeting a LB that is going to be the kind of player Urlacher was in Jauron's Chicago defense. The nucleus. Takeo is going to be back, and I believe, will wreak havoc. But we need another leader there. Fletcher is going to be good for another year or two and then it begins to get complicated. I say start having the new guy (a tough second/third-rounder with raw talent and leadership potential) learn from him now.

Any draft scholars know who might be that guy?

Ok, let me weigh in on this...

Nothing is sweeter than seeing Big Sam shoot the gap in perfect harmony with the snap! The QB hands the ball to the running back who is like "OH STEVESTOJAN!" as he gets plowed under by 350 lbs. of Sam Adams, the second he takes the hand off. THOSE are the plays that make differences in the game, and it's been a long long time since we've had a d-lineman with that capability.

587932[/snapback]

And he might be well rested after a nice vacation at "Club Marv" come summer.