Bates Declining Bills DC Job Offer!!

D' men

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=clayton_john

Bates might not take Bills' offer: Don't be surprised if Jim Bates turns down the Bills offer to be defensive coordinator. Even though he has two years of money coming from the Packers, Bates may not be happy with the money the Bills are offering. The Bills' job is the last defensive coordinator job available, so the option for Bates is to sit out a year and wait unless he wants to coach a position.

OH NO!!!!!! :lol: Say it isn't so!!!!! :)

And Rotonews just reported he won't come to Buffalo. Oh great, more bad news!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i do not get how the bills are the last team left for bates when the raiders do not even have a head coach yet?????

585110[/snapback]

Raiders re-signed their D-Coordinator to a long-term deal. Al wants whoever the next HC to be to take the D-Coordinator as part of the deal (much like how apparently some of our old coaches are to be involved in the new staff with Jauron)

From what I understand, Bates is getting $750K from the Packers each of the next 2 years.  He already rejected $1M a year from the Rams.  I'd have to think the Bills are offering him that much.  He'd be a fool to turn down a $250K raise and be under the radar for a year, hoping for a good gig next year.

585112[/snapback]

Douche bag...f** him :lol:

PTR

No one knows what Bates will do, or what the offer was except Bates and the Bills.  Clayton is just blowing smoke 'cause there has been no announcement.

585118[/snapback]

I don't think an sports analyzer would just blowing smoke 'cause there has been no announcement.

Bates might not take Bills' offer: Don't be surprised if Jim Bates turns down the Bills offer to be defensive coordinator. Even though he has two years of money coming from the Packers, Bates may not be happy with the money the Bills are offering. The Bills' job is the last defensive coordinator job available, so the option for Bates is to sit out a year and wait unless he wants to coach a position.

OH NO!!!!!! :)  Say it isn't so!!!!!  I guess we could settle with Caldwell. :lol:

585107[/snapback]

Caldwell doesn't coach defense, billsboys.

OH NO!!!!!! :)  Say it isn't so!!!!!  I guess we could settle with Caldwell. :lol:

585107[/snapback]

It's right there in my face, but I just refuse to believe it. How can Ralph be too cheap to pay quality coaching? If it's true, it's every bit as bad as Mike Brown refusing to hire scouts. You just can't go cheap on the sidelines.

What John usually says is very accurate. 
Just because you think that doesn't mean it's true.

I don't think an sports analyzer would just blowing smoke 'cause there has been no announcement.

585122[/snapback]

He may or may not. But I bet he'd blow smoke to cover his own arse.

<snip> If it's true <snip>.

585129[/snapback]

Bingo. IF it's true. Nobody has confirmed that Bates was even contacted by the Bills, much less an offer made or an offer rejected.

But you know how it is BADOL, and we shouldn't allow a lack of fact stop anyone from jumping to conclusions and getting their panties in a wad.

you knew it was about the money when he was offered the job and didnt accept. If Im Ralph and Marv I pull the offer and move on. Let the guy sit out and collect his check from GBay. Maybe he thinks he will go somewhere with Sherman next season. Who knows but the Bills should immedialtely go with option 2 whatever that may be.

585122[/snapback]

nice edits. Now go back and read what he said. The same speculation everyone on this board is making based upon what he believes the facts to be: 1) the Bills made an offer; 2) no word that it has been accepted; and 3) Ralph's reputation for not paying coaches (despite Ralph's recent public statements to the contrary). Ooo, "don't be surprised" "may not be happy." blah blah blah

Listening to sirius nfl today , they had Gil Brandt on and he said Bates was looking for BIG scratch.

They were also talking about the strong possibility of him hooking up with Kubiak in Houston.

In light of those comments I consider it a lost cause, daddy war bucks doesn't pay BIG SCRATCH

for coaches...................NEXT.................

Listening to sirius nfl today , they had Gil Brandt on and he said Bates was looking for BIG scratch.

They were also talking about the strong possibility of him hooking up with Kubiak in Houston.

In light of those comments I consider it a lost cause, daddy war bucks doesn't pay BIG SCRATCH

for coaches...................NEXT.................

585145[/snapback]

KUBIAK!!!! Why on earth would he choose the Texans over the Bills! :)

That would be crazy! :lol:

OH NO!!!!!! :lol:  Say it isn't so!!!!! :)

585107[/snapback]

If he doesn't take the DC job who will? If no one volunteers, I'll take the job for free.