NEWS FLASH! Sequel Set For Brokeback Mountain

To quote Stan on South Park:

"Dude, you have SEX...with...children.  That's just (bleeped) up."

That's the way I feel, too.

Mike

588577[/snapback]

What about higher VD rates?

A "lifestyle" that seemingly champions many sexual contacts can be viewed as a public health menace.

P.S.  I don't care what people do as far as sex is concerned...but my God, just don't shove my face in it.  And that goes for hetero sex as well.

588508[/snapback]

Anyone see the Daily Show where they were interviewing a cowboy about Brokeback Mountain

He said something like "Just stop cramming it down my throat!"

Watch it <here>

Just checking the liberal vs conservative contribution to this gay bashing thread.

Carry on.

588618[/snapback]

Gee... As a "liberal"... Didn't think I was bashing when I made the thread. I think it was more or less a response to the USA Today article how "Brokeback Humor" has really taken off.

Levity is one way to bring things "maintstream." The first stage to acceptance is through laughter... It doesn't have to be mean-spirited or hate driven.

I could care less what people do.

You sound like a cranky lib. <_<:devil:

Anyone see the Daily Show where they were interviewing a cowboy about Brokeback Mountain

He said something like "Just stop cramming it down my throat!"

Watch it <here>

588727[/snapback]

I saw that episode, it was great. The Daily Show correspondant went to a gay rodeo, and then afterwards, he was talking about it to a straight, homophobic cowboy. The DS guy said, "It was so gay. There were guys walking around in tight jeans and leather chaps, and they had little vests on and cowboy hats, and they were riding around on ferocious bulls...(laughing) It was so gay!"

And the cowboy is looking at him, and he says, "Well actually, the leather chaps and vests and cowboy hats are standard for every cowboy."

The Daily Show guy was just staring at him like he was a homo. It was funny. The best line (you mentioned it above) was the cowboy saying "I don't mind what they do on their own time, just stop cramming it down my throat."

:D

I saw the movie and it didn't turn me gay. It's not that graphic, and there are actually more shots of bare female breasts in the movie than there is in-your-face male nudity.

It is a love story, or more of a story about a relationship involving people who can't articulate love because it's not a language for them. It also is pretty heartbreaking to watch both men try to live lies and damage their families in the process, which is all too true-to-life.

Don't see it if you don't want to, but I'll warrant that most people discussing this movie are pretty misinformed. As a film it's incredibly well-made, and the open scenery of the west and cinematography have as much a role to play in it as the leading men.