Top-15 Draft Board.....

I thought this would be a fun little game. Create the first 15 prospects of the Bills draft board if you were GM.

Mind you, this is a value board, not a NEED board. Just because someone is #1 on the board doesn't mean you have to select him. Here's mine:

1.) Reggie Bush, RB USC

2.) Vince Young, QB Texas

3.) D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT Virginia

4.) Matt Leinart, QB USC

5.) Mario Williams, DE N.C. State

6.) A.J. Hawk, LB Ohio State

7.) Haloti Ngata, DT Oregon

8.) Tambla Hali, DE Penn State

9.) Michael Huff, S Texas

10.) Jimmy Williams, CB Virginia Tech

11.) DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis

12.) Vernon Davis, TE Maryland

13.) Santonio Holmes, WR Ohio State

14.) Lendale White, RB USC

15.) Jay Cutler, QB Vanderbilt

You'll notice that with the exception of Ngata, Williams, and Kiwinuka; there are no D-Lineman and with the exception of Ferguson; no O-Lineman. That's because there isn't anyone else worth being in the top-15 (I actually have Tambla Hali at 16 however). After Ngata, the next best DT's are Brodrick Bunkley, Claude Wroten, and Gabe Watson. They won't be selected until the middle-1st at best. Same goes for Winston Justice, Marcus McNeill, and Eric Winston on OT.

So if neither Ngata, Ferguson, or Williams are there; then we should trade down. If we can't, then we may have to look outside the OL/DL box in the 1st round. Otherwise, we'll be reaching (even though Kiwinuka is 8th on my board, I think picking him 8th would be a little bit of a reach). I believe we'll address both lines HEAVILY in FA, so it won't be the end of the world if we wait until the 2nd (although it's not preferred).

How about you guys?

EDIT: After catching some Senior Bowl practices, I have to agree that Hali is better than Kiwinuka. Therefore, i've switched their spots (Hali was 16 and unlisted).

I thought this would be a fun little game. Create the first 15 prospects of the Bills draft board if you were GM.

Mind you, this is a value board, not a NEED board. Just because someone is #1 on the board doesn't mean you have to select him. Here's mine:

1.) Reggie Bush, RB USC

4.) Matt Leinart, QB USC

8.) Mathias Kiwinuka, DE Boston College

You'll notice that with the exception of Ngata, Williams, and Kiwinuka; there are no D-Lineman and with the exception of Ferguson; no O-Lineman. That's because there isn't anyone else worth being in the top-15 (I actually have Tambla Hali at 16 however). After Ngata, the next best DT's are Brodrick Bunkley, Claude Wroten, and Gabe Watson. They won't be selected until the middle-1st at best. Same goes for Winston Justice, Marcus McNeill, and Eric Winston on OT.

So if neither Ngata, Ferguson, or Williams are there; then we should trade down. If we can't, then we may have to look outside the OL/DL box in the 1st round. Otherwise, we'll be reaching (even though Kiwinuka is 8th on my board, I think picking him 8th would be a little bit of a reach). I believe we'll address both lines HEAVILY in FA, so it won't be the end of the world if we wait until the 2nd (although it's not preferred).

How about you guys?

584557[/snapback]

pretty solid but i have seen Hali ahead of Kiawanuka, and i think that is correctly so. I also don't think Lendale White is that good (good, but not top 15 caliber)

1.) Reggie Bush, RB USC

4.) Matt Leinart, QB USC

How about you guys?

584557[/snapback]

I think Tamba Hali and Eric Winston will climb up the charts as the draft approaches. Kiwi and DeAngelo Williams will slide into the 2nd half of the first round and Leinart should (but probably won't) drop a bit lower.

1.) Reggie Bush, RB USC

4.) Mario Williams DE N.C. State

5.) A.J. Hawk, LB Ohio State

6.) Haloti Ngata, DT Oregon

7.) Matt Leinart, QB USC

8.) Michael Huff, S Texas

9.) Jay Cutler, QB Vanderbilt

11.) Tamba Hali, DE Penn State

15.) Eric Winston, OT Miami

1. Reggie Bush

2. Vince Young

3. Matt Lienert

4. Mario Williams

5. D. Fergauson

6. A.J. Hawk

7. H. Ngata

8. Jimmy Williams

9. Jay Cutler

10. Chad Greenway

11. Michael Huff

12. Vernon Davis

13. Deangalo Williams

14. Sanantonio Holmes

15. T. Hali

584649[/snapback]

Greenway is an interesting addition. I think he will be a damn good player.

1.) Reggie Bush, RB USC

4.) Matt Leinart, QB USC

How about you guys?

584557[/snapback]

Very Nice. But I'm not sure about Ngata being ranked that high.

1*Reggie Bush RB

2*Vince Young QB

3Matt Leinart QB

4D'Brickashaw Ferguson OT

5*Mario Williams DE

6*LenDale White RB

7A.J. Hawk LB

8Jimmy Williams CB

9Jay Cutler QB

10Michael Huff DB

11*Haloti Ngata DT

12*Vernon Davis TE

13*Winston Justice OT

14Tamba Hali DE

15Chad Greenway LB

1.) Reggie Bush, RB USC

4.) Matt Leinart, QB USC

How about you guys?

1.) Reggie Bush, RB USC

2a.)Jay Cutler, QB Vanderbilt

4.) Matt Leinart, QB USC

584557[/snapback]

1.) Reggie Bush, RB USC

2.) Matt Leinart Qb USC

3.) Mario Williams, DE N.C. State

4.) Dbrickshaw Ferguson OT Virginia

5.) Haloti Ngata, DT Oregon

7.) Mathias Kiwinuka, DE Boston College

8.) Chad Greenway OLB Iowa

9.) Marcedes lewis te UCLA

12.) Lendale White, RB USC

13.) Antonio Cromartie CB Florida St

14.) DeMeco Ryans OLB Alabama

15.) Vernon Davis, TE Maryland

Noteable subtractions: Vince Young. Vince Young is a tremendous athlete. However the spread option offense doesnt fly in the nfl. I wouldnt want an offense solely built around Young, cause I dont think he'll ever be that good of a quaterback. Michael Huff. I dont get the hype about this guy. Yeah he's got some speed, and well thats about it. He's not a great hitter, and he's not good in coverage. I also refuse to rank a safety as a top 15 player

Noteable additions: Chad Greenway... think brian urlacher. Marcedes Lewis. He got of got lost in the shuffle with Vernon Davis. Lewis has the height advantage. He'll be a bigger redzone threat. He has better hands and he's quicker off the line. I also think he work the middle of the field better. Antonio Cromartie. If not for his knee injury before the season would be a no doubt about it top 10 pick. The total package as far as cb's go, knee inury be damned he makes my list. DeMeco Ryans. Kind of gets lost in the shuffle with the other lbs in this draft. Not overly fast, but has a great nose for the ball. Makes plays sideline to sideline. Hell of a lb, and a guy a team can build a foundation of a defense around.

1.) Reggie Bush, RB USC

2.) Matt Leinart  Qb USC

3.) Mario Williams, DE N.C. State

4.) Dbrickshaw Ferguson OT Virginia

5.) Haloti Ngata, DT Oregon

7.) Mathias Kiwinuka, DE Boston College

8.) Chad Greenway OLB  Iowa

9.) Marcedes lewis  te  UCLA

12.) Lendale White, RB USC

13.) Antonio Cromartie CB  Florida St

14.) DeMeco Ryans OLB  Alabama

15.) Vernon Davis, TE Maryland

Noteable subtractions:  Vince Young.  Vince Young is a tremendous athlete. However the spread option offense doesnt fly in the nfl.  I wouldnt want an offense solely built around Young, cause I dont think he'll ever be that good of a quaterback.  Michael Huff.  I dont get the hype about this guy. Yeah he's got some speed, and well thats about it.  He's  not a great hitter, and he's not good in coverage. I also refuse to rank a safety as a top 15 player

Noteable additions:  Chad Greenway... think brian urlacher.  Marcedes Lewis.  He got of got lost in the shuffle with Vernon Davis.  Lewis has the height advantage. He'll be a bigger redzone threat. He has better hands and he's quicker off the line. I also think he work the middle of the field better.  Antonio Cromartie.  If not for his knee injury before the season would be a no doubt about it top 10 pick. The total package as far as cb's go, knee inury be damned he makes my list.  DeMeco Ryans.  Kind of gets lost in the shuffle with the other lbs in this draft.  Not overly fast, but has a great nose for the ball. Makes plays sideline to sideline.  Hell of a lb, and a guy a team can build a foundation of a defense around.

584889[/snapback]

You know what's amazing? We're disagreeing about something and acting civil about it. :lol:

Seriously though, I think Davis is better than Mercedes. I've always felt he was a little overhyped myself.

I like Cromartie a lot. But I don't think he's top-15. Not after his injury and all.

I think Greenway is a good LB. Probably in the 15-20 range. But personally, i'm not a big fan.

And I understand a lot of people aren't high on Young for whatever reason. But to drop him below Cromartie, Ryans, and Davis is just plain crazy talk.

From the practices I've watched I think T. Hali is far better than Kiwi, Kiwi was being B word slapped all over by the Brick.

To be honest I think T. Hali is top 10, great quickness, gets off the ball like greased lightning alot like Freeney, hope the Bills trade down and take him.

Ngata jumped on the Scouts Inc. list from 19 to 8.  Anyone know why or is it just because they're pulling these rankings out of their behinds?

Sorry to post this where I'm not sure it belongs, but it's not worth its own thread.

584750[/snapback]

Because the season is over and draft experts and many NFL teams alike start to overanalyze players and weigh in too many things that have nothing to do with performance on the field in their evaluation.

Ngata and Gabe Watson are big DT's but nowhere near as good as their hype. In some of the better DT drafts of recent years, these guys wouldn't even be mentioned as first round prospects. Yet they are mentioned as such in this draft(a strong overall class, IMO) simply because you need 2-4 good DT's and it's hard to find that many. By contrast, OT's aren't rotated, so you can get by with two good ones. Ngata is a fat guy with a low motor. I think Gabe Watson can even hit double-low if properly unmotivated. By the end of the year, Gabe was actually getting less snaps than his backup, "Tree", who I believe is a sophomore.

Nice job......

My only thought would be that Jay Cutler is definitely in the top 10....

I can't wait for the draft!!

585079[/snapback]

Ive heard Cutler mentioned that high by several guys on the NFL network and espn. My question is where does he go. Will a team try to teade up to get him. If so with us sitting at 8 and pending the Brick is off the board do we field offers by a desperate team wanting Cutler? After him the drop off is huge.

Because the season is over and draft experts and many NFL teams alike start to overanalyze players and weigh in too many things that have nothing to do with performance on the field in their evaluation.

Ngata and Gabe Watson are big DT's but nowhere near as good as their hype.  In some of the better DT drafts of recent years, these guys wouldn't even be mentioned as first round prospects.  Yet they are mentioned as such in this draft(a strong overall class, IMO) simply because you need 2-4 good DT's and it's hard to find that many.  By contrast, OT's aren't rotated, so you can get by with two good ones.  Ngata is a fat guy with a low motor.  I think Gabe Watson can even hit double-low if properly unmotivated.  By the end of the year, Gabe was actually getting less snaps than his backup, "Tree", who I believe is a sophomore.

585166[/snapback]

Watson's been having a GREAT Senior Bowl though.

pretty solid but i have seen Hali ahead of Kiawanuka, and i think that is correctly so. I also don't think Lendale White is that good (good, but not top 15 caliber)

584571[/snapback]

After watching some practices, I agree completely about Kiwanuka. Although, I disgree about White.

I've also edited my board accordingly.