GM Mock draft (JinVA is on the clock)

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pittsburgh Steelers select:

Laurence Maroney RB 5’11 205 Minnesota Jr.

Laurence Maroney has been one of the biggest playmakers in the country at the running back position over the past two seasons. He paired with Marion Barber III to form one of the best rushing duos in the history of college football. They both ran for over 1,000 yards for two consecutive seasons, becoming the first duo to ever accomplish that feat. As a freshman in 2003, Maroney ran the ball 162 times for 1,121 yards and 10 touchdowns. He was voted to just about every freshman All-American team, and was named the Big 10 Freshman of the Year. He topped those numbers the following year as a sophomore, going for 1,348 yards on 217 carries, with 12 touchdowns on the ground.

Maroney is a big play back out of the backfield. He possesses great speed, quickness and has the ability to break off a long run at any time. He runs with authority. He sees a hole and hits it; he doesn’t have very many missed steps. Because of the decisiveness in his style, he packs some punch at the end of runs. He keeps his legs moving and does not go down easily. He brings some return ability as well. As a freshman in 2003, he averaged over 25 yards per kickoff return, and returned one for a touchdown.

Yeah, I knew they had Staley and Parker. Staley is injured a lot, so I figured he's not part of their long range plan. Willie Parker has talent, but sometimes hurts the team more in dropped passes and fumbles. He needs competition and Maroney is a tough runningback. OLB Bobby Carpenter was the safe choice. Every site I see has Pitt taking him ("could be GREAT in a 3-4...!) No thanks.. Chad Jackson was picked before me, but I dont trust Florida receivers for some reason.

Yeah, I knew they had Staley and Parker.  Staley is injured a lot, so I figured he's not part of their long range plan.  Willie Parker has talent, but sometimes hurts the team more in dropped passes and fumbles. He needs competition and Maroney is a tough runningback.  OLB Bobby Carpenter was the safe choice.  Every site I see has Pitt taking him ("could be GREAT in a 3-4...!) No thanks.. Chad Jackson was picked before me, but I dont trust Florida receivers for some reason.

593246[/snapback]

Rally just mad cuz I wanted him...haha

and 2003, you have our picks wrong on the main page....Indy picked Chad Jackson and you have us with Maroney

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.