OT: How's the NBS Look Now

zonabb

Yeah, I know this is a football board but I have to take my shot here. Yesterday, someone posted about Kobe's 81 and how awesome it was. I replied that Jordan's 69-pt game was better for many reasons, most importantly Jordan had 18 rebounds, and 6 assists. Kobe had 2 assists (remember, he's a point guard) and 6 rebounds.

But what kills me are all the media guys saying this is the best thing to happen since Wilt's 100, in fact even better. Mainly because these guys need to drum support for this league of degenerate, selfish, gun-toting, fan-beating, violent, a-holes. The league sucks. I was a fan a long time ago and enjoyed the game but it has turned into a league of clowns, dunking and then pointing fingers in each others faces. Somehow, the art of basketball has been lost for a highly-priced version of streetball.

So, I say this to the guy who posted yesterday and all the people who think Kobe is going to save this league. Forget it. This league is it's own worst enemy. One of it's biggest degenerates, and it's hard to pick one, has whined and complained and foirced a trade, and then when it was made, he opined that he wasn't going where they wanted to trade him.

So sandwiched around the 81 Kobe (he's no angel, let's remember the aldutery and sodomy he got off of) was a guy going into the stands for no reason and this lastest black eye for this league. Oh, and let's throw in LeBron's mother getting picked up for DWI.

So, enough already. The league is irrelevant. It's socially-disconnected and lacks players people want to like.

Sure the NFL is hardly the angels league, but man, compared to this group of criminals, immature high schoolers, and crybabies, it's like a church choir.

Yeah, I know this is a football board but I have to take my shot here. Yesterday, someone posted about Kobe's 81 and how awesome it was. I replied that Jordan's 69-pt game was better for many reasons, most importantly Jordan had 18 rebounds, and 6 assists. Kobe had 2 assists (remember, he's a point guard) and 6 rebounds.

But what kills me are all the media guys saying this is the best thing to happen since Wilt's 100, in fact even better. Mainly because these guys need to drum support for this league of degenerate, selfish, gun-toting, fan-beating, violent, a-holes. The league sucks. I was a fan a long time ago and enjoyed the game but it has turned into a league of clowns, dunking and then pointing fingers in each others faces. Somehow, the art of basketball has been lost for a highly-priced version of streetball.

So, I say this to the guy who posted yesterday and all the people who think Kobe is going to save this league. Forget it. This league is it's own worst enemy. One of it's biggest degenerates, and it's hard to pick one, has whined and complained and foirced a trade, and then when it was made, he opined that he wasn't going where they wanted to trade him.

So sandwiched around the 81 Kobe (he's no angel, let's remember the aldutery and sodomy he got off of) was a guy going into the stands for no reason and this lastest black eye for this league. Oh, and let's throw in LeBron's mother getting picked up for DWI.

So, enough already. The league is irrelevant. It's socially-disconnected and lacks players people want to like.

Sure the NFL is hardly the angels league, but man, compared to this group of criminals, immature high schoolers, and crybabies, it's like a church choir.

582701[/snapback]

Though I agree with you for the most part, I hardly think LeBron's mother's DWI is the league's fault. :ph34r:

582701[/snapback]

You left out "blunt smoking".

582701[/snapback]

I couldn't care less about Kobe Bryant, but last I knew he's not a point guard. He's a shooting guard/small forward.

This league is it's own worst enemy. One of it's biggest degenerates, and it's hard to pick one, has whined and complained and foirced a trade, and then when it was made, he opined that he wasn't going where they wanted to trade him.

582701[/snapback]

TO joined the NBA already??? Damn...

One of it's biggest degenerates, and it's hard to pick one, has whined and complained and foirced a trade, and then when it was made, he opined that he wasn't going where they wanted to trade him.

582701[/snapback]

<sarcasm>Ron Artest is simply misunderstood. He is a great player and deserves to be able to decide which team he will wreck next. Plastic Cup is to blame for this mess.</sarcasm>

The NBA serves one purpose: It allows guys like me who pay absolutely no attention to the sport to make a crapload of money betting on the over during the all-star game. Place bet, sit down, turn on TV, watch ultra extreme chocolate dudes running up and down a court slamdunking against no defense.

That kicks ass.

(Editors note: the use of the phrase "chocolate" is a specific reference to African Americans as allowed by the chocolate mayor of New Orleans. It is in no way meant to imply anything beyond what it meant when it came out of his mouth. If you are offended, I want to publically apologize for your inability to understand what I'm saying.)