Villarrial on Jauron

Webster Guy

Villarrial called him a winner. So, because a mediocre player refers to him as a winner, he is?

Try looking at the numbers. (If you need reference, see my signature).

581011[/snapback]

totally with ya. the data doesn't lie. clearly, sherman told marv he wouldn't be allowed to dictate his coordinators. i can't think of anything else except for monetary disagreements.

Why stop at not including the guys coach of the year season?  How about we just take out all the wins?

If your looking for games that don't count I suggest you not include the year they didn't play at soldier field.  Not that I'm a Jauron supporter, more of a wait and see guy.

581016[/snapback]

in case you missed it, I also did include that season.

Dick Jauron's Record:

35 - 46 (.432)

If you're happy with that, god bless ya.

i moved out of the roch in 98....only fond memories of getting harrassed for money in the back parking lot and preying that my car stereo was still there.

581012[/snapback]

You should not have been trying to buy your drugs in the wrong neighborhood

in case you missed it, I also did include that season.

Dick Jauron's Record:

35 - 46 (.432)

If you're happy with that, god bless ya.

581024[/snapback]

Can you do a little research on Brett Favre's career record compared to Jim Miller's? How about Ahman Green vs. Anthony Thomsas?

I'd be willing to bet Favre is better than Miller. Do you think that helped/hurt Jauron/Sherman?

I have this weird theory that teams with better players tend to win more. It's crazy, I know.

Bill Belichick was 36-44 with the Cleveland Browns. 

Now shut up, you bunch of whining fuggin' maggots.

581079[/snapback]

Wow... shocker.... darin is supporting a move that the majority doesn't like so that he can call everyone a "retard".

I swear, if everyone on this board started a thread saying that the world was round, you would have to call us all tards and tell us how flat it really is.

Of course there are exceptions to proven losers turning things around.... Hell, Marv had a losing record coming in... but when you can have a PROVEN winner (Sherman), why do you go with Jauron?

Now, instead of supporting this move just because the majority doesn't Darin, why not give us a few reasons we should be happy with a move to bring in a HC with an awful record?

Bill Belichick was 36-44 with the Cleveland Browns. 

Now shut up, you bunch of whining fuggin' maggots.

581079[/snapback]

Not whining, just discussing the facts. I would love to know why Jauron is going to succeed here if you can please explain? I do not claim to be a football expert. Please teach me....

Wow... shocker.... darin is supporting a move that the majority doesn't like so that he can call everyone a "retard".

I swear, if everyone on this board started a thread saying that the world was round, you would have to call us all tards and tell us how flat it really is.

Of course there are exceptions to proven losers turning things around.... Hell, Marv had a losing record coming in... but when you can have a PROVEN winner (Sherman), why do you go with Jauron?

Now, instead of supporting this move just because the majority doesn't Darin, why not give us a few reasons we should be happy with a move to bring in a HC with an awful record?

581092[/snapback]

Bill Belichick.....proven loser..... :devil:

I don't see where he supports or disapporves of the move. He merely points out that you (and two trillion others) are using stats that are at best dubious and at worst meaningless.

Is Grady Little a proven winner? Gene Mauch a loser?

So, in your estimation - Dick Jauron is on par with Bill Belichek? :devil:

581110[/snapback]

That's not the point nor should it be the standard. The point is that you cannot say.....this guy lost...therefore he will lose again....and if you disagree you are a Pollyanna.

So, in your estimation - Dick Jauron is on par with Bill Belichek? :devil:

581110[/snapback]

I don't know - and neither does anyone else. I wish Jauronimo all the luck in the world because he's obviously facing a tall hill and isn't going to have any kind of honeymoon with the majority of the classless folks who masquerade as "fans".

Sorry for not piling on the guy before he does a single thing as head coach of the team I follow. I should obviously give alot more credence to Bears' fans, because they're so friggin' informed that Saturday Night Live actually parodied them.

FWIW, I'd hoped we'd hire Mike Sherman. I wonder if Bill Belichick would even get his second chance in today's NFL. Probably not.

I don't know - and neither does anyone else.  I wish Jauronimo all the luck in the world because he's obviously facing a tall hill and isn't going to have any kind of honeymoon with the majority of the classless folks who masquerade as "fans".

I'm not sure if you are including me in that bunch, but I have not made any proclamations of guaranteed failure in the future. I have no idea what will happen. Hell, a team can go 13-3 by playing a schedule full of pussies. You never know how it will play out...

I think this decision can be hammered today without having to know what is in store for the future. You can go over the falls in a barrel, survive, and it can still be a dumb ass thing to do. Just because a situation ultimately works out doesn't mean the decision making process was a good one.

Today, I am hammering this decision because I think it was piss poor one by Marv Levy. I see precious few reasons why this guy gets a 2nd chance. It borders on the absurd. With that said - maybe we go 12-4 next season, but I doubt it. Most HC's fail, so I am no Kreskin by guessing DJ will fail too.

Sorry for not piling on the guy before he does a single thing as head coach of the team I follow.  I should obviously give alot more credence to Bears' fans, because they're so friggin' informed that Saturday Night Live actually parodied them.

I tend to think that most NFL cities are the same... Levy is the one who should be piled on, not DJ - unless pointing out his history of mediocrity is piling on.

FWIW, I'd hoped we'd hire Mike Sherman.  I wonder if Bill Belichick would even get his second chance in today's NFL.  Probably not.

581122[/snapback]

Sure he would. His history of dominating defenses followed him where ever he went. We was on 2 SB winning staffs, coached in a 3rd one. Almost took another team (Jets) to a 4th. He isn't on the same planet as DJ.

I don't know - and neither does anyone else.  I wish Jauronimo all the luck in the world because he's obviously facing a tall hill and isn't going to have any kind of honeymoon with the majority of the classless folks who masquerade as "fans".

Sorry for not piling on the guy before he does a single thing as head coach of the team I follow.  I should obviously give alot more credence to Bears' fans, because they're so friggin' informed that Saturday Night Live actually parodied them.

FWIW, I'd hoped we'd hire Mike Sherman.  I wonder if Bill Belichick would even get his second chance in today's NFL.  Probably not.

581122[/snapback]

Every fan poll I saw was 65-85% preferring Sherman among the 6 interview candidates and Has. This reaction is pretty normal when you have that compelling a majority wanting something that does not come to pass.

The facts in favor of Sherman were pretty compelling...he would have had a honeymoon period with the majority of the fans...there is no honeymoon for DJ. Free Agency, The Draft, Mini-Camp, Camp, Pre-Season will all be scrutinized for signs of failure...and every one of these signs, no matter how insignificant, will be played out on this board.

But you know, we are a mercurial bunch -- start the season with a disciplined team that shows benefit of coaching on offense, defense and special teams and wins a few games early and this group will come around.

The thing we have lost is the immediate confidence and glee that hiring Sherman would have brought...But since the merger, the Bills have never been about immediate gratification...there have always been long suffering periods followed by dribs and drabs of success--and then almost a decade of success followed by the current malaise..

So you know what..I choose not to pass judgement either way regarding the real tards on the board. You can make an argument for and against both the "Jauron will do okay crowd" and the "Jauron will further kill this franchise" crowd. I will give the man the opportunity to show me what kind of coach he is before I cast stones--but it doesn't bother me that some are more intelligent than me and have already reached their own conclusions.

So folks, post on--no matter what your opinion--but do take time this fall to cheer for the Bills on the field and try to objectively analyze what you are seeing..if its bad--stay angry or feel vindicated--if its good--give this 55 year old father of two daughters a chance to win you over or brag about how you predicted he was the next Marv.

This nonsensical rant is over....

Sure he would.  His history of dominating defenses followed him where ever he went.  We was on 2 SB winning staffs, coached in a 3rd one.  Almost took another team (Jets) to a 4th. He isn't on the same planet as DJ.

581137[/snapback]

And each time he was with a HoF HC. He could have been considered a great coordinator who was a failure as a HC so why run the risk? I'm not pulling out my crystal ball or anything but it's simply not fair to compare Jauron with Belichick because BB always had his coordinator success under Parcells (whose defense was pretty damn good again this season).

That year, the Bears defense was ranked first in the league in points allowed and second in rushing.

So what's the real deal with his defensive stats? Why has everyone been saying he never had a top 10 D in his HC career???

Dick Jauron, when given a chance has proven to be a good coach. When the Bears brought in a new GM, he had NO intention of keeping Jauron. What did Jauron do during his make or break year? He led his team to a 13-3 finish and forced the Bears to begrudgingly give him an extension. And before you bring it up (because I know all of you will pounce on this), the next two seasons under Jauron were medicre and poor at best. What people fail to realize is that:

- They drafted a QB who turned out to be a miserable failure (McNown)

- They drafted a WR in the top 10 who turned out to be a miserable failure (Terrell)

- They lost solid players to injury (Urlacher, BigTed, A-Train)

Sherman, on the other hand, walked into a situation in which his team was one year removed from the NFC Freakin Championship. Put Jauron in his shoes and you never know what he could have done.

Am I saying Jauron is the answer? I don't know the f***ing answer. But I find it rather amusing that people think we let this amazing coach slip through our fingers in MIKE SHERMAN. If he was such a great coach, why didn't he get a job with one of the other teams?????? In fact, more than half the teams with vacancies didn't even bother to interview him.

I'd like an answer to that one.

581092[/snapback]

"Just talking with a few of my teammates, we're excited and we're are looking forward to getting back to work and showing everyone that we are not a dysfunctional football team but we are winners," Villarrial said via phone from Evansburg, Pennsylvania.

580936[/snapback]

Uhhh...sorry, Chris, but you're not winners, you're a dysfunctional 5-11 football team. :devil:

Am I saying Jauron is the answer? I don't know the f***ing answer. But I find it rather amusing that people think we let this amazing coach slip through our fingers in MIKE SHERMAN. If he was such a great coach, why didn't he get a job with one of the other teams?????? In fact, more than half the teams with vacancies didn't even bother to interview him.

I'd like an answer to that one.

581162[/snapback]

gm's and marv are afraid of sherman asserting more control. don't get me wrong, i still think jauron is a step up from mularkey. i would love to hear more info about why marv decided to fight the tape with this hire rather than side with sherman's formidable track record.