My only hope

My only hope is if Marv somehow convinced Jauron of the Marv Levy theory of coaching rather than the Dick Jauron theory of coaching, and convinced Dick of the advantages of the Delegator in Chief. That there are so many things a head coach has to do to motivate the team, and to prepare for the game, and to let your coordinators deal with the majority of the game-planning and play-calling. It worked pretty well for Marv (although was somewhat his ultimate downfall). I don't doubt Dick Jauron is a very smart guy. He was a terrific, tough player in his day. He probably does have a lot of respect from his players. He could likely handle that role pretty well. Sharp, Ivy league brains doesn't necessarily translate to football smarts as in schemes and play-calling, and DJ has rarely exhibited them.

I think this question may be answered by this afternoon or as soon as the coordinators are announced. If Dick goes back to his cronies, I think we're screwed. If Caldwell or some new, fresh blood is brought in on offense and defense to run the show, we may have a chance.

My only hope is if Marv somehow convinced Jauron of the Marv Levy theory of coaching rather than the Dick Jauron theory of coaching, and convinced Dick of the advantages of the Delegator in Chief. That there are so many things a head coach has to do to motivate the team, and to prepare for the game, and to let your coordinators deal with the majority of the game-planning and play-calling. It worked pretty well for Marv (although was somewhat his ultimate downfall). I don't doubt Dick Jauron is a very smart guy. He was a terrific, tough player in his day. He probably does have a lot of respect from his players. He could likely handle that role pretty well. Sharp, Ivy league brains doesn't necessarily translate to football smarts, and DJ has rarely exhibited them.

I think this question may be answered by this afternoon or as soon as the coordinators are announced. If Dick goes back to his cronies, I think we're screwed. If Caldwell or some new, fresh blood is brought in on offense to run the show, we may have a chance.

579749[/snapback]

That's not funny. :D

And great football minds, too.  :D Well, at least George W. attended all of the Yale football games.

In a short skirt holding a megaphone.

579854[/snapback]

More then Kerry who was hanging out with the commies and chasing skirts, when he wan't shooting unarmed teenagers in the back.

My only hope is if Marv somehow convinced Jauron of the Marv Levy theory of coaching rather than the Dick Jauron theory of coaching, and convinced Dick of the advantages of the Delegator in Chief. That there are so many things a head coach has to do to motivate the team, and to prepare for the game, and to let your coordinators deal with the majority of the game-planning and play-calling. It worked pretty well for Marv (although was somewhat his ultimate downfall). I don't doubt Dick Jauron is a very smart guy. He was a terrific, tough player in his day. He probably does have a lot of respect from his players. He could likely handle that role pretty well. Sharp, Ivy league brains doesn't necessarily translate to football smarts as in schemes and play-calling, and DJ has rarely exhibited them.

I think this question may be answered by this afternoon or as soon as the coordinators are announced. If Dick goes back to his cronies, I think we're screwed. If Caldwell or some new, fresh blood is brought in on offense and defense to run the show, we may have a chance.

579749[/snapback]

basically, what you are saying is that the less our HC is involved with the team - the better chance we have? Nice... I love this hire more and more! :D

It sounds like the old middle management joke. Clueless people get promoted, so that they are removed from the productive stream of the company.

579749[/snapback]

So our GM has to coach our new coach?

Mike Sherman was over qualified!

basically, what you are saying is that the less our HC is involved with the team - the better chance we have? Nice... I love this hire more and more!  :D

It sounds like the old middle management joke.  Clueless people get promoted, so that they are removed from the productive stream of the company.

580024[/snapback]

Sadly, yes. ;) Although I wouldn't call Jauron clueless. He probably knows a helluva lot about football and football players and the NFL. he can probably gain the players and media's and referees and agents respect. He does not seem to me to be anything like the evil genius type you often need to coach and strategize.

Sadly, yes.  ;) Although I wouldn't call Jauron clueless. He probably knows a helluva lot about football and football players and the NFL. he can probably gain the players and media's and referees and agents respect. He does not seem to me to be anything like the evil genius type you often need to coach and strategize.

580039[/snapback]

Kelly dont waste your time. SDS is convinced Marv is no good and any coach Marv favored is also no good. Time will tell on all of this hopefully 2 - 3 years from now the board is not once again errupting with X should be GM and Y be our new coach.

Oh well time to go to sleep till draft day and than until the preseason.