If we WANTED to hire someone with the

SDS

I was just comparing FACTS and not future requirements. They are both the same on the other criteria.

579734[/snapback]

The question had nothing to do with facts...it had to do with the criteria set forth. I'm not looking for reasons why Jauron shouldnt have been hired...I trying to prove a point that no one was going to be satisfied with any coaching hire this season. Sherman was bashed just as bad as any other candidate on the board until Jauron was announce...then all of a sudden he was savior of the Bills that we passed on.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to fuggin' puke if another person pulls that 13-3 season out of their ass. They won how many miracle games because of Mike Brown?  How many of thiose teams had winning records?

579726[/snapback]

I understand, that was my first thought when I found out the true news, but I'm trying to put some positives on the situation. We have to live with it now. Hopefully it will turn out well.........

I'm going to fuggin' puke if another person pulls that 13-3 season out of their ass. They won how many miracle games because of Mike Brown?  How many of thiose teams had winning records?

579726[/snapback]

The personnel on those Chcago teams ensured that any win was a miracle. His Coach of the Year season doesn't count but the seasons with poor records tell all?

:D

My original take on the coach was:

Sherman sounds pretty good even though I thought GB underachieved for the last 5 years. I don't really want Capers. After that I have no idea. With Jauron....we'll see. Like many have stated, getting quality players is more important.

The personnel on those Chcago teams ensured that any win was a miracle.  His Coach of the Year season doesn't count but the seasons with poor records tell all?

:D

My original take on the coach was:

Sherman sounds pretty good even though I thought GB underachieved for the last 5 years.  I don't really want Capers.  After that I have no idea.  With Jauron....we'll see.  Like many have stated, getting quality players is more important.

579748[/snapback]

And somebody with the fire-eater personality of Dick is going to rake in the great free agents, right? Or maybe it's his stellar track record of winning and building up programs? Or maybe it's those little footnotes on his "will work for bread crumbs" resume? Once stood on the sideline with Mike Holmgren and Kay Stephenson.

If Sherman was so great, why did Green Bay fire him ? People don't get fired for doing a great job !

579616[/snapback]

There was a change in regime in Green Bay, and the new GM wanted to bring in his own guy, so he fired Sherman at the first opportunity.

Jauron was in the same situation in Chicago, but going 13-3 made him unfirable for two years.

JDG

Of the new coaches hired this year would you have been happy with any of them,look at what the fans of those teams must be saying so stop crying and give D.J.a chance.If Sherman was such a hot item why was he still around,Jerry Sullivan must be unbeatable in fantasy football with his geat knowlege of the sport.

And somebody with the fire-eater personality of Dick is going to rake in the great free agents, right?  Or maybe it's his stellar track record of winning and building up programs?  Or maybe it's those little footnotes on his "will work for bread crumbs" resume?  Once stood on the sideline with Mike Holmgren and Kay Stephenson.

579759[/snapback]

I'm sure al the FAs were calling their agents and telling them they'd only play for Sherman.

579726[/snapback]

Three: San Francisco and a sweep of Tampa Bay.

Four other teams were 8-8 or 7-9.

Still, considering the talent he had on that team, 6-10 was a reasonable goal, and even with a few fewer bounces he would still have pulled 10-11 wins out of that team.

JDG

Guess Mularkey's 9-7 of a year ago shows he's nearly a HOF'er too.

579765[/snapback]

Actually, this is a great point in Jauron's favor. Mularkey took a cupcake schedule, a relatively healthy season, and some decent talent and eeked out a 9-7 season culminated by one of the most embarassing losses in Bills History.

Jauron took a decently easy schedule and a talent-deprived roster and went 13-3. That alone should be cause for hope for improvement. Its not luck just any bum can go 13-3 in this League, especially with a bad team, no matter how lucky they are.

JDG

If Sherman was so great, why did Green Bay fire him ? People don't get fired for doing a great job !

579616[/snapback]

May be he couldn't have a working relationship with the new GM (from last

year) Ted Thomspon....If the philosophy of the GM and HC are different one

of them will have to go.

Actually, this is a great point in Jauron's favor.  Mularkey took a cupcake schedule, a relatively healthy season, and some decent talent and eeked out a 9-7 season culminated by one of the most embarassing losses in Bills History.

Jauron took a decently easy schedule and a talent-deprived roster and went 13-3.  That alone should be cause for hope for improvement.  Its not luck just any bum can go 13-3 in this League, especially with a bad team, no matter how lucky they are. 

JDG

579792[/snapback]

Eh? A light at the end of the tunnel? :D

Here's another positive spin.

When Tom Donahoe and Gregg Williams rode into town people were creaming their shorts all over this board.  We all know how that turned out.

Now people are throwing themselves out windows and off bridges.  Things are looking up based purely on fan reaction!  :D

579880[/snapback]

Williams had a megaphone and a rolodex. Those are the key elements to getting the upstate NY fanbase very excited.

;)

I'm still puzzled about this supposedly bad track record you speak of.......

579606[/snapback]

Are you serious... You must really be hung up on that one 13-3 year huh?

Your right, We'd be lucky as fans to have one good year under DICK then hit the basement again for the next decade!

Expectations run high at One Bills Drive.....

May be he couldn't have a working relationship with the new GM (from last

year) Ted Thomspon....If the philosophy of the GM and HC are different one

of them will have to go.

579830[/snapback]

So maybe Marv and Sherman were not on the same page and, according to you, Sherman should not (and was) be hired.....and that is the correct call, no?