If we WANTED to hire someone with the

SDS

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously...is there anyone that was available, with head coaching experience, with a winning career record, who could walk on water, bring in free agents, solve world hunger, stop global warming, teach JP to be Brett Favre, and create lines of steel out of the guys at the Big Tree Inn that was going to be welcomed with open arms by more than 85% of Buffalo fans???  You guys shot down every candidate this year for every possible reason save maybe shoe size, then again Mike Sherman does have some small feet.

579655[/snapback]

Just to humor you let us just compare the facts:

DJ = previous HC experience

Mike Sherman = previous HC coaching exp + winning career record.

So MS wins out, no ?

just like past failure is a poor indicator of future failure (see Bellycheck).

579652[/snapback]

I doubt that is the case. If a thorough analysis was done, I bet you will see that for the most part - losers are losers and every now and then someone starts slow and turns it on. BB is the exception.

It reminds me of the Winfield argument when everyone pointed to Darryl Green as justification for drafting a 5'6" CB.

Just to humor you let us just compare the facts:

DJ = previous HC experience

Mike Sherman = previous HC coaching exp + winning career record.

So MS wins out, no ?

579670[/snapback]

But can MS walk on water, and stop global warming???

You failed to match all the criteria set forth by the "fans" of Buffalo

Besides we threw stones at the Sherman idea until Jauron was announced..then we tried to glue the pieces back together.

Of the candidates that the Bills interviewed only one was highly regarded which might be why he was placed on a pedestal.  Capers, Lofton, Juaron, etc. were all either failures or didn't have enough experience to really be considered a legitimate candidate.  So if you're compiling a short list you could pretty much put everybody that was interviewed on it except Sherman.  I'm more upset with the overall candidate pool than I am with the actual hiring of Juaron.

579603[/snapback]

Dude, they didn't even talk to Haslett and he wanted the job! (And, his record in New Orleans was head and shoulders above what the Dick has done.

In short, Dick has done dick.

I doubt that is the case.  If a thorough analysis was done, I bet you will see that for the most part - losers are losers and every now and then someone starts slow and turns it on. BB is the exception.

It reminds me of the Winfield argument when everyone pointed to Darryl Green as justification for drafting a 5'6" CB.

579678[/snapback]

Hmmmm - everyone is a loser until they are a winner... and vice versa.

I wanted Sherman to come here. I really thought the upsides of his work on O was exactly what we need and would go for.

Marty Mornhinweg

579646[/snapback]

that guy...man, what a meathead...i still lmao everytime i think about him getting so flusterd and flummoxed at training camp that he just got on his harley and rode away....right in the middle of practice! :lol:

now there's a sure-fire way to get the team to rally behind you! :D

Seriously...is there anyone that was available, with head coaching experience, with a winning career record, who could walk on water, bring in free agents, solve world hunger, stop global warming, teach JP to be Brett Favre, and create lines of steel out of the guys at the Big Tree Inn that was going to be welcomed with open arms by more than 85% of Buffalo fans???  You guys shot down every candidate this year for every possible reason save maybe shoe size, then again Mike Sherman does have some small feet.

579655[/snapback]

I believe there is. Wade Phillips......the fact that he looks like Bob Newhart with a hyperactive thyroid is troubling, but I'd go back to him over DJ anyday.

Not mine. Marty Mornhinweg, Butch Davis, Richie Petitbon, Joe Bugel, the Kevin Gilbride/Mike Riley exacta in SD... everyone the Cowboys had after Switzer/before Parcells...

Not thrilled about Jauron, but I'd take him over anyone on that list.

579646[/snapback]

See post #8 - scary huh :D

all kidding aside, in the world of active coaches, it is hard to find someone with a worse track record than Jauron.

579602[/snapback]

I don't like the move either, but he was 13-3 in 2001, so he has shown that he can win.

See post #8 - scary huh :D

579704[/snapback]

I dunno, I actually kind of liked Joe Vitt. Not sure he can coach his way out of a wet paper bag, but at least the PCs would be entertaining....

Coaches get fired, even good ones.  Good GMs, too (seems like that's happened a few times around here  :D ).

The question is, if you have the chance to marry one of two women, do you pick Sophia Vergara or Bea Arthur?

579667[/snapback]

Bea Arthur. I just adore a gravely voice blue hair with her mouth apparently locked in a rather prone position.

I don't like the move either, but he was 13-3 in 2001, so he has shown that he can win.

579705[/snapback]

I'm going to fuggin' puke if another person pulls that 13-3 season out of their ass. They won how many miracle games because of Mike Brown? How many of thiose teams had winning records?

But can MS walk on water, and stop global warming???

You failed to match all the criteria set forth by the "fans" of Buffalo

Besides we threw stones at the Sherman idea until Jauron was announced..then we tried to glue the pieces back together.

579682[/snapback]

I was just comparing FACTS and not future requirements. They are both the same on the other criteria.

I'm going to fuggin' puke if another person pulls that 13-3 season out of their ass. They won how many miracle games because of Mike Brown?  How many of thiose teams had winning records?

579726[/snapback]

Everybody knows that fluke, luck plays falling out of the heavens like manna are 100% the result of fantastic coaching.

Look at the mind numbing great coaching his QBs got. 23 QB changes in 5 years. Some people don't change their underwear that often.