Clayton's latest....

Buftex

Clayton didn't say anything new about the Bills, just that they are bucking the trend, and looking for an experienced guy. He says it will come down to Sherman or Jauron, and a decision will likely come down on Monday or Tuesday. He also said that he would not expect anything to come of the Capers and Caldwell interviews....

Said the Raiders are really dragging their heels, and seem to be waiting for the Steelers season to be over, so they can grab Ken Weisenhut, the Streelers OC, as their HC. Interesting, I think. Weisenhut was Mularkey's replacement, and when we signed Mularkey, the Raiders were trying to sign him too....does Al Davis have a Steelers fixation? Maybe he can hire Donohoe as his team president and GM, when he is feeling too old to keep up....they can obsess together! It worked great for the Bills! B-)

On Mike Mularkey, he is saying that he has become one of the "hottest names" to fill co-ordinater jobs. Miami really wants him, but MM may hold out, becuause Kubiak is also interested in him, in Houston. MM also has an offer from Atlanta.

Clayton said something to the effect that Mularkey has some appeal to some of the other, younger, first time head coaches, because of his recent experience.

Clayton also reports that Mike Heimerdinger wants desperately out of NY, but is under contract with the Jets. It is the "first crisis" of the Mangini regim.

Asked which of the new hires was the worst match, Clayton mentioned Mike McCarthy in Green Bay, and Rod Marinelli in Detroit. He seeemed of the opinion that Lenihan (sp?) in St Louis was maybe the best hire of the bunch...

Clayton didn't say anything new about the Bills, just that they are bucking the trend, and looking for an experienced guy.  He says it will come down to Sherman or Jauron, and a decision will likely come down on Monday or Tuesday.  He also said that he would not expect anything to come of the Capers and Caldwell interviews....

576092[/snapback]

So it's probably down to Capers and Caldwell. B-)

Maybe he can hire Donohoe as his team president and GM, when he is feeling too old to keep up....they can obsess together!  It worked great for the Bills! :P

On Mike Mularkey, he is saying that he has become one of the "hottest names" to fill co-ordinater jobs.

576092[/snapback]

TD in Raider nation! Sweet! Do you think they would eat him after he says he's embarassed to be a part of THAT community? B-)

There are some really stupid people in the league right now as evidenced by some of the hires but MM would win that prize though hands down.

Clayton didn't say anything new about the Bills, just that they are bucking the trend, and looking for an experienced guy.

576092[/snapback]

Tell me those weren't the exact words he used.

Please?

Because if that IS precisely what he said, then am I ever gonna have fun with this:

Posted by: Lori Jan 19 2006, 02:13 PM

Bills bucking the current trend if they hire anyone with HC experience

Tell me those weren't the exact words he used.

Please?

Because if that IS precisely what he said, then am I ever gonna have fun with this:

Posted by: Lori Jan 19 2006, 02:13 PM

Bills bucking the current trend if they hire anyone with HC experience

576269[/snapback]

I heard it Lori--it wasn't quite word for word with your post...but pretty damn close.

I heard it Lori--it wasn't quite word for word with your post...but pretty damn close.

Izzat so.

Hi, John! How's the weather out there in Seattle?

B-)

(If Pencilneck is actually lurking TSW looking for "inside info", we're going to have to come up with some better nicknames for him.... :P )

Izzat so.

Hi, John! How's the weather out there in Seattle?

B-)

(If Pencilneck is actually lurking TSW looking for "inside info", we're going to have to come up with some better nicknames for him.... :P )

576278[/snapback]

:P

It's great seeing these "experts" being exposed for the frauds that they are.