Orgasmic Happiness 15 Years Ago Today

Mark VI

Followed by an all night bender for the ages. Sitting in my seat, I knew I was never happier at a game in my life. 41-3 at the HALF !

Share your memories.

Don't even mention the followup game. Just close your eyes for a second and remember how fantastic that day was.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :devil:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Followed by an all night bender for the ages. Sitting in my seat, I knew was never happier at a game in my life.  41-3 at the HALF ! 

Share your memories.

Don't even mention the followup game. Just close your eyes for a second and remember how fantastic that day was.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  :devil:

575793[/snapback]

Pure ecstasy. I remember being there with my friend at halftime with the realization that we were actually going to go to the Super Bowl. Blew my mind.

Loftons catching the back half of the ball on a bomb was incredible. What a day..........Man I had a smile that wouldn't quit!!!

I remember calling everyone I knew who was a Bills fan also. We couldn't believe the Bills were going to the big dance.

Oh yeah I got pretty tore up also.... :devil:

Followed by an all night bender for the ages. Sitting in my seat, I knew was never happier at a game in my life.  41-3 at the HALF ! 

I remember watching it with non-Bills fans and I wouldn't accept any congratulations at halftime.

It was so surreal to have the Bills actually going to the Super Bowl. There's nothing like your first time! :devil:

It seems like just yesterday I was watching the game at High Tops bar in Phoenix, AZ. I can still remember the tears of joy and thinking that my prayers had been answered.

I think I wore my Bills stuff on campus every day that week

I was in college at the time, recovering from a very bizarre Saturday night out the night before. :devil:

The Bills just kept scoring & scoring. Kelly & Thurman were on fire and the Raiders seemed to have no chance. I'm still amazed to this day how dominant they were. Even on cruise control in the second half, they gave up nothing.

Wow. :lol:

I was in college. A guy down the hall was an obnoxious a-hole and was a huge Raiders fan (yeah, I know, redundant). All week, he was talking trash about how the Raiders were going to kick the Bills' arse. It was nauseating. That was, until the game. Things were pretty quiet from his room that day. Being the nice guy that I am, I made sure to go down to his room after every score to offer my condolences. :devil:

He was not happy. :lol:

I was 12 years old and I was at the game with my father, my uncle, and my grandfather, about 8 rows from the top of the upper deck in the corner. It was unbelievable.

IIRC, didn't the Raiders storm down the field with a nice drive for their FG on their first possession? Blanked after that.

I remember waiting around in the stadium after the game for about 45 minutes hoping that the Bills would come back out and take a lap. Didn't happen though.

One of the greatest gifts of my life was the opportunity to be at that game with my Dad. I remember it was freezingly cold that day, and a nice woman in the stands next to me gave me a draught of hot chocolate from her thermos. I would have taken frostbite before leaving that game - and I was dressed warm!

The experience afterwards what it must be like to remember your first Christmas. The world seemed more alive, and anything seemed possible. One the drive home from the Stadium, people were out on the streets, standing on the corners ringing bells, dancing, and cheering. It was fantastic.

JDG

That certainly was the happiest day of my life. I went with a few guys and we couldn't believe that we were finally going to the SB. At halftime, we were all in total amazement.

I remember that nobody left the stadium and after the game was over 80+ thousand people were having the time of their lives.

I was also part of the FANDEMONIUM!! picture that was plastered on the back of the newspaper the next day. I was partially blocked though by a dude with a big Bills hat. My buddy was in full view though.

Plus, that picture ended up becoming a football card, which i would love to have for old times sake.

Anyone happen to have that photo or at least a link of where i might be able to find it?????

One of the greatest gifts of my life was the opportunity to be at that game with my Dad.  I remember it was freezingly cold that day, and a nice woman in the stands next to me gave me a draught of hot chocolate from her thermos.  I would have taken frostbite before leaving that game - and I was dressed warm!   

The experience afterwards what it must be like to remember your first Christmas.  The world seemed more alive, and anything seemed possible.  One the drive home from the Stadium, people were out on the streets, standing on the corners ringing bells, dancing, and cheering.  It was fantastic.

JDG

575817[/snapback]

Great story John.

I was forced to work mandatory overtime that day. I watched most of the game through the window of a Manhattan electronics store, after urging the owner to put the game on.

The owner was cool with my request. :devil:

I sat under the upper deck.....near the Marcus Allen hanging in effigy figure if anyone remembers that.

:lol:

Halftime was nuts. Went down to the tunnel endzone area where friends have tix and saw a whole huge group of people from high school.

When Talley had the TD, I knew the game was ovah. Even on a bad knee I was jumping up and down like a maniac on that play.

:devil:

Share your memories.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  :devil:

575793[/snapback]

What a feeling plus everyone thought the raiders were the best team in the NFL that year. Plus after watching the Giants win against 49'rs I thought for sure I would be wearing the biggest grin my face could handle come the Monday after SBXXV.