LOST 2.11 Discussion Thread

UConn James

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- What if Sawyer chose to use the name Sawyer on the island because Sarah did go to him after Jack. He is using the different name so JAck will not find out? Now that Locke insists on calling him "James" it may get interesting.

573949[/snapback]

that i'd love to see...

"IT WAS YOU? YOU PORKED MY WIFE?"

- I am sure the Italian daughter will be back;

573949[/snapback]

I told my wife during the show that jack probably regretted not mounting her on the spot...she shook her head in disapproval

I told my wife during the show that jack probably regretted not mounting her on the spot...she shook her head in disapproval

574589[/snapback]

Yeah I got the disapproving look for yelling out "Why would he TELL her that?" when Jack was confessing to that chick kissing him and him kissing her back.

Tough day for Jack.  Sarah leaves right after he passes up the chance to get it on with this girl.

574642[/snapback]

Wow

:o

I think I just broke my mouse....

And to make it on topic, did anybody else get a vibe that her watch was somehow going to come into play at some point? Hadn't Jin already delivered one watch?

Loved that episode.  I winced when Jack kissed that other broad and wanted to put my foot through the TV when Sarah said she was leaving him (and you know the other guy will be on the island or that Jack will have killed him at some point).

573535[/snapback]

I thought Gabriela was pretty hot. But I've always had a thing for brunettes. :o

I agree with SilverNRed's comment about Sarah's seeing somebody has to be someone on the island however I don't think Jack will know who he is but we viewers will. My immediate thoughts come to Sawyer but think that's too obvious.

573619[/snapback]

My money would be on the pilot.

I would agree with you. The show is still great, dont get me wrong, but this season i have noticed that the writers arent really ADVANCING the storyline. They seem to be writing in the same style as season 1, but thats not cutting it anymore.  They've done an excellent job with the development, but they need more events to be happening. Its almost as if they are writing the show as a book, which doesnt usually work for TV.

Also, its almot as if they have too many things going on at once, and its like they almost forget all of the storylines they have.

Examples:

1. Where did desmond go? he was around for the first few eps and now no one seems ot mention anymore. I mean, it was onyl a week ago in island time.

2. The monster was missing from 1/2 way thru season 1 until last week, and no one even discusses it? Charlie says nothing about it?

3. We've barely seen sayid since shannon died. whats he been doing?

All in all, its a great show, and i love it, but i am starting to wonder where its going? I just hope it doesnt go slowly like this and then at the last minute they drop 8,000 things on us to solve the mystery.

573954[/snapback]

There's a section on the S1 DVD with Daimon Lindelof who basically says that it's ABC's call on how fast to advance the storyline and how long the show will last. If they don't like how the writers are doing it, and want more seasons out of it to make some money on a popular show, what Lola wants, Lola gets. I don't think the show suffers too greatly from it if this is what they are doing. Just that the payoff needs to be good. And I think it will. Have faith.

Desmond probably doesn't want to be seen. He took off from the hatch quick after his 'repalcements' arrived. Plus, his knowledge of how things came to be the way they came to be is tapped. He has nothing to really add now except another furrowed eyebrow. Like everyone else.

The monster was in the finale; it was dragging Locke down the hole. It certainly hasn't been missing since halfway through S1.

As for Sayid, some people deal with death by becoming quiet. That would really throw me for a loop too.

Wow

:o

I think I just broke my mouse....

And to make it on topic, did anybody else get a vibe that her watch was somehow going to come into play at some point? Hadn't Jin already delivered one watch?

574650[/snapback]

Her watch? I didn't catch that part.... Could you ellucidate?

I had a whole big write-up last season on Jin's watch=handcuff. Probably which no one bothered to read, but it's there anyway....

I had a whole big write-up last season on Jin's watch=handcuff. Probably which no one bothered to read, but it's there anyway....

574790[/snapback]

He's probably eluding to that in some scene (I'll need to rewatch the episode) that Gabriella's watch seemingly played a prominate role and part of Jin's being on the flight to begin with was because he was delivering a watch to someone in America.

I was just reviewing some old Lost thread's and came onto something I totally forgot about. The girl in the picture with Desmond, is she Gabriella? I can't tell from the screen captures from another board but perhaps someone else here can?

574836[/snapback]

I can't tell, but that would surely be a zinger.

Jack was staring at that photo really hard back in the premiere, as if he knew the girl....

574790[/snapback]

It was kind of subtle but in consecutive shots her watch was centered and very noticeable, and I think in one of the shots they actually had to unnecessarily pan the camera to get it on the screen. Kind of like the shot last week where they did an unecessary pan to show Charlie picking up his bag that he had left at Eko's feet when the smoke/monster checked him out.

What country had Jin already delivered one watch to?

that i'd love to see...

"IT WAS YOU? YOU PORKED MY WIFE?"

574589[/snapback]

It would be EXTREMELY lame for someone on the island to have been the one who cuckolds Jack. Not EVERYONE in this show has to be interconnected for it to be believable...

That's just a nickname Sawyer called him. I don't think that's the character's true name.

And the others could likely leave the island whenever they want. They have a boat...

574273[/snapback]

You would think there would be some discussion about getting the boat.

Tough day for Jack.  Sarah leaves right after he passes up the chance to get it on with this girl.

574642[/snapback]

allright, these dam writers better figure out a way on how this chick was in the cargo area of the plane and also landed on a third part of the island, and VOILA!, she is alive and well on the island and wants to go swimmin , ala Kate and Sawyer last year, in her skivvies, with Jack every day, and that is the new opening scene for every show.

Man, that is one smokin woman