why did the jets hire a 34yo mangina?

jester43

I watched some of the press conf clips when he was announced. He looked like the dog who chased the car, caught it and had absolutely no idea what to do next. Maybe he'll be a good coach but he sure didn't look to confident in that press conf.

a 34 year old guy with one year of d.c. experience?  in new york of all places? 

i am setting the over/under right now at 2 seasons.

573240[/snapback]

Right on. This is the limit of absurdity. The height of the Parcells, Belichick coaching-lineage madness. This is one bubble that is bound to pop soon. I would have been very upset if we had hired this guy. Fortunately, Marv is smarter than that.

Remember the run on Bill Walsh disciples...kind of the same thing now.

574916[/snapback]

Yeah, but I think Tolstoy is right here. After a while, these Parcells/Belichick disciples are going to be so far removed from the root of the tree that it won't make a difference anymore.

Maybe the jets are thinking they're "stealing" something away from Belichick, albeit a somewhat unproven coordinator.

i believe a read the comment somewhere (to paraphrase) "it's better to get the guy a year to early then to not get him at all".........

you guys can laugh at all these first time head coaches, but there not all going to busts.......at least a couple teams are going to strike gold, as we tried to do twice.......

john fox anyone?